WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines "Sacrifice"

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
True, but does it really matter that they are Americans? What about the rest of the people that have been killed or affected. It doesn't matter if one is American or not! It should matter if they are HUMANS!

Fuck Bush and nationalism!

how the hell can ANY sacrifice be worth it? people dying is not worth anything.

stupid bush...

Paris

Space Monkey
I think that Bush statment is very mean. The mens lives where not worth it, and I am not just talking about the American ones, I also mean the brave men from other counties that beleived in Bush and his crazy ideals.

As An American and a Former member of the military.. I say this to you.. I am sorry that Bush was re-elected, and that he has caused the world such suffering. I wish that the men would return to the U.S and other countires around the world.

I can't believe that he had the balls to say such a statment.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
dull_bullet said:
how the hell can ANY sacrifice be worth it? people dying is not worth anything.

stupid bush...
In a situation where the loss of human lives due to the sacrifice would still be worth it compared to what it would've been without it.

World War 2 for example... Was it worth the sacrifice of human lives? mmmm, yes, I think so.

Now in the Iraq situation, a shitload less people would've died if the Americans wouldn't have invaded. Even on the long term, the world would've been better off with no invasion at all. There are diplomatic ways to deal with rogue leaders, but the Bush administration denied the legitimity of international law and because of them, 1. Lots of people died ; 2. Internation law lost some credibility ; 3. The Middle-east in general dislikes the US even more.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Paris said:
I think that Bush statment is very mean. The mens lives where not worth it, and I am not just talking about the American ones, I also mean the brave men from other counties that beleived in Bush and his crazy ideals.

As An American and a Former member of the military.. I say this to you.. I am sorry that Bush was re-elected, and that he has caused the world such suffering. I wish that the men would return to the U.S and other countires around the world.

I can't believe that he had the balls to say such a statment.
Exactly. Even worse, what has he accomplished so far in Iraq, other than Chaos? Jackshit. Yes, there is democracy now in Iraq, but SO FUCKING WHAT??? The war is over and the death toll is still steady high, 2 years after.

So basically, he's saying Chaos and instability was worth it.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Iraq suicide bomber kills 98

Sun Jul 17,11:14 AM ET

MUSAYYIB, Iraq (Reuters) - Stricken townspeople swept away the wreckage of a fuel truck bomb that killed 98 people south of Baghdad and three more suicide car bombers hit the Iraqi capital on Sunday in a devastating new campaign.

LINK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lest we forget what we in the U.S. are causing EVERYDAY...

OMGROFFLECOPTER

Banned - What an Asshat!
Faults I found:
1) there are not NEARLY as many American casualties as illustrated.
2) Whoever did illustrate this should not be allowed to have fingers anymore, as this lacked more taste than tofu.
3) I forgot(didn't care) who said it, but its not a "human" sacrifice. It's an American and Human sacrifice. Two very different species.

I do not support Bush in saying the Sacrifice was worth it. I personally do not think the sacrifice of even one American life was worth however many thousands of Towel Heads and Sand Nigs we blasted, before you put me in the same boat as Bush. I just wish more enemies of the US had died, and more painfully than they did. Sigh..what an unjust world.

RageAgainst said:
Now in the Iraq situation, a shitload less people would've died if the Americans wouldn't have invaded. Even on the long term, the world would've been better off with no invasion at all. There are diplomatic ways to deal with rogue leaders, but the Bush administration denied the legitimity of international law and because of them, 1. Lots of people died ; 2. Internation law lost some credibility ; 3. The Middle-east in general dislikes the US even more.
The problem with this topic is that people can't figure out what they want to argue about. Let me help you out...maybe you guys can focus the hate and discontent a little better in the next thread. If you want to argue that Bush is an ass...then go ahead, you have plenty of ammunition. If you want to argue that we (America) kinda screwed the pooch when we invaded Iraq, then go ahead...that is also a valid argument, even though it's been repeated ad nauseum. However, if you're going to argue that less people would have died, check your sources. It's possible that less people would have died, but it's also possible that the phrase "less people" is somewhat of a misnomer because nobody would give a shit about dead people in Iraq if they weren't trying to prove a point. There are political ways of dealling with rogue leaders, true...but you gotta wonder if those methods would have honestly worked with that wacko. I mean, let's be honest.
Now, is America there because we love the Iraqi people? Are our intentions as altruistic as the Bush Administration would have us believe? Of course not...which is really what pisses everyone off. But something I've noticed since I got back (yes, from Iraq) is that people here don't have a freaking clue as to what's really going on over there.
Do the Iraqi people want us to go home? Hell yeah they do. But if a media outlet with some common sense would talk to an Iraqi with more than a second-grade formal education, then you would hear more about how the Iraqis really are glad that we did what we did.
And, in case we might have forgotten, the entire Middle-East can't stand us already...so no lost sleep there. We've already screwed up so much in our other dealings with that part of the world that we can't go anywhere but up. In future threads I'm sure I'll telll some stories about what I heard and what I saw that might help highlight how shitty those people had it under Saddam. Regardless of how fucked up we were in going over there, regardless of whether or not you people think it was 'worth it'...ask an Iraqi man who lost his daughter to one of Saddam's sick-fuck cronies and then had to look for her in a mass grave if it was 'worth it'. It's all a matter of perspective, and our relationship with the Iraqis is a lot better than what you people are being spoon-fed by the media and Bush. It's not as bad as the liberals want you to think, and it's not as peachy as the conservatives want you to believe. No, people...it's somewhere in the middle...just like everything else in our lives.
If you don't want to support Bush in his quest for glory and power and money, then amen, brother! But don't call what we're doing over there worthless...because every wife, mother, and child of someone who died over there wants to believe that somehow the world is a better place for their loss.
Oh...and the cartoon was tasteless, but accurate.

voiceofreason said:

Lest we forget what we in the U.S. are causing EVERYDAY...
Associated Press:
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Police searching the home of a convicted child molester discovered handwritten lists of more than 36,000 children's names -- mostly boys -- and codes that appear to indicate how he abused them.

San Jose Police Lt. Scott Cornfield described Dean Arthur Schwartzmiller, who is jailed in California, as "one of the most active child molesters we've ever seen."

Police discussed the case for the first time Thursday, in part to urge other victims to come forward. The chilling stash was found last month in 63-year-old Schwartzmiller's San Jose home.

--------------------
Oh...and sorry for the double-post. I'll flog myself publicly...after I pick up all of the cool points that just jumped out of my pocket.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Paris said:
You are very naieve.

Do you know how we got there? The Bush Administration sent us there based on lies. Wakeup sleepy head.

They did die for nothing and US citizens should be outraged.

other said:
How could he do that well say it. I undersand ww2 and all that but this??
Who are you and what planet are you from? Please put some thought into your posts...you're contributing to wasteful use of valuable internet space.