WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines sad

Slacker

Postaholic
That sucks. They did that with no pain killers. And those poor rabbits. I wish i could do something.

har-har-har

I am laughter.
being a vegetarian wouldn't stop what happened in that movie... buying products that aren't tested on animals would help

magnolia

Postaholic
That's why I don't watch peta videos. People are still going to eat meat so these conditions are still going to exsist. It's a loosing battle that I wish were different.

ericman123

CEO of the internet
Testing on aniamls is, unfortunately, a necessary component of human existance in our chemical dependant world. In order to gage the effects of pharmaceuticals and industrial chemicals on organic tissue, we must have data that leads to conclusive results in order to avoid human incidents. Personally, I'd like to see advances in cloning research take care of the dilemma of animal testing so that hostless tissue can be used to get such results.

Then again, research on disease and its progression always needs a host that will unfortunately suffer in order to make advances that combat it. This is probably the only area that I disagree with hardcore PETA supporters on.
Not to say that scientific research warrants treating animals like shit, but progress must be made on major human diseases and, although PETA says that animal studies are not at all relatable to human variations, this is simply not the case with everything. It all boils down to making sure that the animal is not aware of its suffering......as horrible as it sounds.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
ericman123 said:
Testing on aniamls is, unfortunately, a necessary component of human existance in our chemical dependant world. In order to gage the effects of pharmaceuticals and industrial chemicals on organic tissue, we must have data that leads to conclusive results in order to avoid human incidents. Personally, I'd like to see advances in cloning research take care of the dilemma of animal testing so that hostless tissue can be used to get such results.

Then again, research on disease and its progression always needs a host that will unfortunately suffer in order to make advances that combat it. This is probably the only area that I disagree with hardcore PETA supporters on.
Not to say that scientific research warrants treating animals like shit, but progress must be made on major human diseases and, although PETA says that animal studies are not at all relatable to human variations, this is simply not the case with everything. It all boils down to making sure that the animal is not aware of its suffering......as horrible as it sounds.
did you watch that movie? it was about uneeded research? They torture animals with research its unnecessary for them to torture the animal. its uneeded that they are provided miserable homes, left to seizure, left to cry and be hurt for our research.

i am a firm believer in science and medicine but how they mistreat these animals for things that are not necessary is not understandable to me.

i feel really guilty though i just bought iams yesterday. last time i do that.

why dont they test on people? why dont they test on criminals in jail?

cutting an animals vocal cords because they cant concentrate is ridiculous.
not providing them with pain medicine after they do these experiements is upseting.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
har-har-har said:
being a vegetarian wouldn't stop what happened in that movie... buying products that aren't tested on animals would help
sorry for the double post. didnt notice this. anyway i wasnt saying it would stop animal testing. i said it to show im compassionate to animals. maybe i didn't convey what i wanted properly.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
thats down right cruel, if i had enough power to put a stop to all this non-sense then i would!

ericman123

CEO of the internet
icka said:
did you watch that movie? it was about uneeded research? They torture animals with research its unnecessary for them to torture the animal. its uneeded that they are provided miserable homes, left to seizure, left to cry and be hurt for our research.

i am a firm believer in science and medicine but how they mistreat these animals for things that are not necessary is not understandable to me.

i feel really guilty though i just bought iams yesterday. last time i do that.

why dont they test on people? why dont they test on criminals in jail?

cutting an animals vocal cords because they cant concentrate is ridiculous.
not providing them with pain medicine after they do these experiements is upseting.
Yes, I did watch the movie which portrayed scientific research on animals at its worst. I'm not a beleiver in senseless research that harms animals with no real objective in mind.

I'm talking about studying human viral, bacterial and parasitic diseases in animals with a human counterpart in order to gain an understanding of various pathenogenic properties and effectively combat them in the future.

Animal care must be a top priority and I whole-heartedly understand your opinion and wish things could be different.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
The only way people could be that inhumane and live with it is to see animals as nothing more than things for us to exploit. Unfortunately these people have plenty of backing in the USA for sure. So the only way to stop it is to change the way people think. Good luck.

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
Being an avid animal lover, that was THE worst thing I have ever seen. And the problem with the world today is that everyone wants to immortal or live longer. In the olden days they never did (as far as I know) shit like that. If you had a terminal disease, the doctors would try to make you as comfortable as possible until your time came. Money, fame, and greediness has destroyed the way a decent human thinks. Alot of that research isn't even needed or it's inconclusive, they are just a bunch of psychos that like torturing animals, which I thought animal cruelty was a crime. Throw all their asses in jail with a group of well-hung, butt-fucking psychos, or cut their heads off with a pair of dull kitchen scissors or a dull guiatine(sp?). Sick bastards!!!!