WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Music Saddest song ever

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
i dunno why im starting this thread...im having my first break from excessive hardcore metal in like 2 years....and i just gotta say
Eric Clapton-Tears in Heaven is the saddest song ever

Pachyderm

I really did.
I don't know if it's the saddest..but Joni Mitchell's River.

Oh my, you've broken open my subject. That is a fantastic song by old Clapton, and definitely a top contender, easy no problem. Mostly because of the personal meaning he has behind it.

I make entire mix cds people say sound like I would kill myself to, so heh, Joe knows his depressing music.

Bright Eyes - A Line Allows Progress, A Circle Does Not
Cursive - The Martyr
Death Cab for Cutie - Tiny Vessels
Neil Young - Out on the Weekend
Pedro the Lion - Amazing Love
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Modern Romance
Alkaline Trio - Blue in the Face
Gary Jules - Mad World
Sean Lennon - Mystery Juice
Postal Service - Iron and Wine
Flogging Molly - The Son Never Shines (On Closed Doors)
Anything by Sinatra can also be incredibly sad when played in the right context as well.

Okay... gone overboard.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
dashboard confessional..they have some pretty good stuff....sad stuff...the brilliant dance....prolly my fav...from them at least...

Bob Carlisle((however you spell that)) Butterfly Kisses!! best song..for tears... but i love the song 45 by Shinedown... sad song too!!

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Dont take the girl....some country guy I dont listen to counryt very much but this song always tears me up when it comes on the radio in my pos car (no cd player)

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
dustinzgirl said:
Dont take the girl....some country guy I dont listen to counryt very much but this song always tears me up when it comes on the radio in my pos car (no cd player)
thats Tim McGraw...i believe....i just know cuz my bro is a bigtime farmer...and he listens to country....im more of a tech. support type of guy...anyways...yeah...Tim McGraw

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
dustinzgirl said:
I hate country, but I have to admit, that song gets me every time I hear it played.

Indeed, Tears in Heaven is a sad, yet excellent song. This is coming from a metal head whose favorite albums include Metallica's "...And Justice for All" and Ozzy's "Tribute."

Nazareth-Love hurts.

listen to that right after a tough breakup.

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
TheGunslinger85 said:
Indeed, Tears in Heaven is a sad, yet excellent song. This is coming from a metal head whose favorite albums include Metallica's "...And Justice for All" and Ozzy's "Tribute."
dude i started this thread...and i know what your saying...cept my favourite albums are more on the lines of iron maiden-number of the beast and megadeth-countdown to extinction...

"Oklahoma" is an awesome song... real sad though!! I always cry when I hear it.((its sung by Billy Gilman...its country!!!))

Feore

love-whipped bitch
better than you said:
Postal Service - Iron and Wine

hey man just so you know, Iron and Wine is a band, and they covered a postal service song called "such great hights," a very pretty song, both versions, but i'd go with the Iron and Wine version for the sadness. that's probably what you were thinking of.

i dunno about ever but it gets me everytime savage garden's lover after me

Feore said:
hey man just so you know, Iron and Wine is a band, and they covered a postal service song called "such great hights," a very pretty song, both versions, but i'd go with the Iron and Wine version for the sadness. that's probably what you were thinking of.
Dude, thanks. my girlfriend sent that to me and I just assumed it was an unreleased acoustic version. Much appreciated, I'll have to check more of them out.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
G'n'R November Rain