WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Scab Sickness

necro

Postaholic
It has been told that there are many things people do with scabs. Leave them there? Pick them off just for the hell of it? Eat them?(Ryan Nyquist does this) What do you do with your scabs?

Personally, i just peel them off when I'm bored. then discard them in a trash can or some foriegn object that is going to be thrown away sometime in the near future, I.E. an empty can of pop.

Descent

Hella Constipated
necro gone bad said:
It has been told that there are many things people do with scabs. Leave them there? Pick them off just for the hell of it? Eat them?(Ryan Nyquist does this) What do you do with your scabs?

Personally, i just peel them off when I'm bored. then discard them in a trash can or some foriegn object that is going to be thrown away sometime in the near future, I.E. an empty can of pop.
I do the same. Eating a leg booger doesn't sound tasty to me.

necro

Postaholic
Well, different strokes for different folks, i suppose.

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
I can't leave my scabs alone, so I do pick 'em off. It depends where I am though, if I'm in my room or something, I just kinda flick them away (it just congregates with all the dead skin cells everywhere else). If its a huge ass scab, I won't even pick it.

necro

Postaholic
Say the scab is friggen huge, I'll work at it over a period of time, like a day or two, sectioning it off into halves, quarters, etc. depending on how big the scab is.

Misoxeny

I am the best around.
I just leave 'em alone unless I know the skin is healed but they're still there. I don't see how people enjoying eating them, though.

they taste like a crunchy bloody potato chip. pretty good with a little ranch. :thumbsup:

necro

Postaholic
cryptrocket said:
they taste like a crunchy bloody potato chip. pretty good with a little ranch. :thumbsup:
Whatever floats your boat, I suppose. Definatley gross though :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually water floats my boat. Haven't tried sailing a sea of scabs.... sounds kinda gross.... :confuse:

Well I seem to have derailed the whole scab's and what to do with them topic. So I will try to get the thread back on track. I did have a friend who put all of his scabs in a jar and saved them. It was kinda neat in a rather gross way... the older ones turned fuzzy white.... then there was that time when my brother sliced his hand open and to stop from bleeding all over the floor he grabed a mason jar he had and bled into it. Instead of throwing the jar away he just put a cap on it and let it sit on his book shelf in his room. It turned into a neat science project growing all kinds of neat colored things within just a few days....

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
Okay, that just went over the top. Nasty. Ass. :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:

necro

Postaholic
You know...you're one of the only people who has actually made me heave while reading something. Repped. :thumbsup:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This thread is GROSS... it seriously makes me feel ill...

necro

Postaholic
Icarus said:
This thread is GROSS... it seriously makes me feel ill...
That's why it's in this forum. :)

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Picking scabs lets all sorts of airborne pathogens into your system ;) Why not just ASK for flesh eating disease? (Its the same brand of bacteria as strept throat) ...

My bio teacher was telling me when he got flesh-eating disease they had him on all these drugs (painkillers, mostly) since flesh-eating bacteria can eat skin back at 1cm/hr in all directions... But he hallucinated all sorts of weird things... He said he hallucinated Michilen men dancing across his bed and jumping off and exploding when they hit the ground, and dinosaurs busting through the wall... Then he told the nurse about it and they just gave him more ;)

Lucky guy

But still, I tend to pick mine if I have one

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Most usually I don't pick them. Although I find it rather weird when they turn all white and slimey in the shower. What is up with that?

necro

Postaholic
BrIONwoshMunky said:
Most usually I don't pick them. Although I find it rather weird when they turn all white and slimey in the shower. What is up with that?
Uh...well, I don't have a proven answer, but when you take any kind of bruise and dump Hydrogen Peroxide on it, it bubbles, gets all slimy-ish and white. I guess it is the dried up blood and the bacterium being disinfected or something. Maybe it just means dried up blood gets soggy when wet :confuse: