WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

School Blech!

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I consider myself to be an achiever. I get 80's a lot, but don't mind the occasional 50... so I'm sitting in grade 11 Bio... we're getting interim reports and i get a C... (64%) ... so i'm like alright, I've aced all the tests/quizzes and handed in all the work, why the hell am i getting such a low mark...

"All work that did not get 100% mark is being marked as a zero"

:mfinger: OMFG. I had 12 / 18 assignments that i missed maybe 1 mark on... POS biology teacher... Bleh... Can't stand school sometimes!

wocka

Clitpickle
dont u think thats illegal? for a teacher to be giving u zeros becuase u didnt get a certain percentage she wanted. just my opinion...

Boycott

Soul Doubt
its only interim so it doesn't really matter... he put out of 18 how many we got perfect...

then weighed that category heavily... but still my parents were like "u promised u had everything in!" then i made them phone which lead to a confusion of what he had said... very fun day IMO

wocka said:
dont u think thats illegal? for a teacher to be giving u zeros becuase u didnt get a certain percentage she wanted. just my opinion...

Well, it’s not illegal. In most schools it may be against policy. Diffrenet schools have different rules though. Plus, you have to take into consideration, that the teacher can always deny what’s going on.

Also, most teachers are allowed to run the classroom how they see fit.

It’s defiantly wrong, but there’s not really much he can do about it. Other than having a "sit-down" with his teacher

Not to mention, it's high school. It doesn't really matter.

Rurrouni

Shinsengumi
Boycott said:
we're getting interim reports and i get a C... (64%)
Dude that's not right, my school now's C grades is 84-76 and anything below 69 is a F.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I don't go to high school anymore! :p

WTF: I didn't do this. Something is up. Please delete this post.

Janglenut

Particinator
Rurrouni said:
Dude that's not right, my school now's C grades is 84-76 and anything below 69 is a F.

Jesus, stfu and get with the program. You almost HAVE to try to fail.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
umm, where's D fit in?

50-60 = D
60-70 = C
70-80 = B
80+ = A's

Uhh...

jamesp

In Memory...
when i was in HS it went something like this;

91+ = A
81 - 90 = B
71 - 80 = c
61 - 70 = D
60 or below = F

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
jamesp said:

91+ = A
81 - 90 = B
71 - 80 = c
61 - 70 = D
60 or below = F
That's how we do it at my highschool, basically. Anything else seems stupid to me :thumbsup:

Closemindedness: You can run far and wide, but you can't avoid it!

Shine

Blowing up my pants
jamesp said:

91+ = A
81 - 90 = B
71 - 80 = c
61 - 70 = D
60 or below = F
That's what mine is. I believe it changes according to the county you live in. I think :p

William: Yes, I believe we can all see that.

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
Yeah...the grade system at my school is exactly like Boycott's....I guess it is a Canadian thing. :thumbsup: Yeah...I think that's stupid....try to get him fired or something.

Shine

Blowing up my pants
I would bring that up to the PTA or something.

Jarilith

Tenderony
if your parents are really that butt hurt about it, you could ask Mr. Whats-his-nuts bio teacher to write down all your assignments and their scores and average them the way noted above and give it to your parents, making a point to tell them that the grading system is unconventional.

Oh, and fire bomb the teacher's lounge.

OR send flowers w/ a chicks name that is distinctly NOT his wife's on them to your (male?)teacher's house. Wives love that, .....right?

Jarilith

Tenderony
Or you could just suck it up and complain to us..... thats ok by me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: