WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Schools are fucked

Fuck my school is fucked.
If your school is fucked too please replie about your fucking school.

:mad:

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Who gives a shit, every school is fucked.

morelos

lexicon incognito
wow; from the OTHER side of the podium school is engaging and fun. the hard part is making it that way for the students.

i've been studying how schools implement the process of education for my 2nd graduate program, and i have to tell you they could be a lot better.

~ dan ~

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
You are a teacher, of course you would think school is fun, because it's your career, but look in the student's shoes. They don't think school is "engaging and fun" or any of that bullshit.

morelos

lexicon incognito
like i said, it could be a lot better. actually, i blame a lot of it on the perpetuation of the mediocre system by teachers and administrators who don't care enough about the students to change it.

it's like those idiots who say "it works, so it's good enough."

well i'm of the belief that it doesn't work well enough and am one year in to writing my own calculus text. i plan to follow it with a geometry text and perhaps a basic abstract algebra text that would really help students understand.

there's no reason to teach math the way we do: here's a simple method for solving one problem, and here are fifty problems to practice on until you have the method memorized.

fuck that. talk about boring and un-engaging. and yeah, other subjects have the same sort of problems.

i'm more with you than against; school is what you make of it, whether you're a student OR a teacher. and "good enough" isn't good enough for me.

~ dan ~

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Well, I'm glad there is a teacher that realizes that learning a new type of problem then doing fifty of the same problems that get so hard that the students don't understand a lick of it is stupid. Well, that was how my math class was.

morelos

lexicon incognito
and mine too. i hated it. i try to combine the algebraic, geometric, and tangible (some kind of model, or something intuitive that all students do) to help people understand.

part of the problem is that teachers don't care to learn how students learn. i have one student in particular who cannot learn by seeing an illustration, and in the same room there is a student who can ONLY learn by seeing a diagram.

the fix? teach for more than one learning style.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
And don't get to hard problems as quickly as our class did.

i hated my school, but i had some swell teachers that made it a little better.

Mine sucks too

Everyone at my school is either a goth, a stoner, or a WASP.

morelos

lexicon incognito
fourples, so you go to school with nothing but white people?

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
There once was a time, where you could get into a fight at school and only get a detention out of it, what the fuck has happened since then? Now if you get into a fight at school, you get arrested, that's fucking bullshit.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
well not alot of fights happen in my skool now since there is always a cop walking around the hall way

morelos said:
fourples, so you go to school with nothing but white people?
HOLY SHIT yeah! I fucking live in redneckland! Eaven though it's in new england
:confused:

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
lol i know what you mean i live in milford in new england we have about 8 black people in the skool.

morelos

lexicon incognito
HOLY SHIT yeah! I fucking live in redneckland! Eaven though it's in new england
even though?!?! wtf are you on? the correct word is because.

~ dan ~

sinew

Clitpickle
My schools the same as the rest, a lotta guyz trying to act like FUCKING heros wen they're really just failures in life and will realize that after school is over. The girls are pretty hot tho. Man, i wish the girls in my school whr more sluts, i'd b having the time of my life then.

morelos

lexicon incognito
sex is such a great distraction from actual learning.

spidercide

Fuck most of you
school is fuckign gay

i graduated high school. I was no looser or anything. But the only thing school teaches you is how to hate people better or to become some fuckign android robot the same as everyone else, whats even worse are the people who think they are different because they dress differant, the ones that think they are unique, hey skids, you aren fucking unique, your ugly and since noone likes you in high school because you try to hard, your only ploy is to dress even unglier than you look and say your unique and noone likes you for it and then hang otu with your other unique friends, so if there are alot of you, that wouldnt exactly make you very rare would it? i know how to make you rare, ill start killing all of you dumb bastards
dumb fucks, i have so much to bitch about, i love it

high school is just some fuckign stupid social party, who fucks who, who has the coolest new style, your only cool if you drink, everyone is a steroetype. Everyones brain is nmb from fucing themsleves up on drugs and drinking every weekend, i drink to, but not that much. You dont learn shit in high school, and its so dumb how it determins your future varrying how well you do in your grades. except for the %5 of failures who jsut get lucky.
anyways, im tired, ill be back for more

i type fast so theres probobly lots of typos, i dont give a shit

morelos

lexicon incognito
i graduated high school. I was no looser or anything.
no looser OR anything? or did you mean "no looser than anything?"

But the only thing school teaches you is how to hate people better or to become some fuckign android robot the same as everyone else, whats even worse are the people who think they are different because they dress differant, the ones that think they are unique, hey skids, you aren fucking unique, your ugly and since noone likes you in high school because you try to hard, your only ploy is to dress even unglier than you look and say your unique and noone likes you for it and then hang otu with your other unique friends, so if there are alot of you, that wouldnt exactly make you very rare would it?
school does create a weird, pointlessly competitive atmosphere. this is true.

i know how to make you rare, ill start killing all of you dumb bastards
dumb fucks, i have so much to bitch about, i love it
but your 'killings' are soo... banal... you could make them witty AND/OR original, and more people would listen.

high school is just some fuckign stupid social party, who fucks who, who has the coolest new style, your only cool if you drink, everyone is a steroetype.
thankfully, i didn't start having sex until the month after i got out of high school. it seems most people in my high school class were in the same boat as i was; we were about the last high school class that wasn't largely having sex. kids these days have to do all the 'adult' stuff younger and younger, and it only makes them suffer more awkwardness and personal failures.

Everyones brain is nmb from fucing themsleves up on drugs and drinking every weekend, i drink to, but not that much.
clearly, though, it's more than enough.

You dont learn shit in high school, and its so dumb how it determins your future varrying how well you do in your grades. except for the %5 of failures who jsut get lucky.
i learned a shitload in high school. but then, education is partly what you have access to and partly what you make of it. obviously you made nothing of it.

anyways, im tired, ill be back for more
please come back.

i type fast so theres probobly lots of typos, i dont give a shit
usually, typing speed is measured in NET words per minute. that's generally taken to mean "number of five-letter words typed per minute, minus the number of typos in that minute."

remember that in this online community we all only have your typing by which to judge you; if you sound like a fool you will be respected as one.

~ dan ~