Schools are fucked

Jaymes

Hoodrat
No matter how hard you try, school will always suck. Even if you got a once a day inplant that made you know everything gradually, school would still suck. Don't try too hard to make it perfect. You're wasting your life.

Invalid

Clitpickle
I disliked high school quite a bit myself. I would also venture to say that it's not only because of constant budget cuts and teachers lack of....motivation. But it's also motivating the students, you can't teach someone who doesn't want to be taught. I spent 49 minutes in my Algebra class half listening to my teacher ramble on, didn't learn a thing. My hat is off to teachers who can put a spin on subjects to make students interested.

I did learn stuff though. Such a shame though with last years budget cuts they cut computer science 2 and 3 -- classes I was going to take until they were dropped. I graduated this year though, it's off to college in Jan. I wouldn't be around for next year either, everyday was getting progessively worse much like office space.

morelos

lexicon incognito
teachers have a lot to do with it. also, the age in general is awkward for kids growing up. like, college is a much more fun, enlightening experience than high school is; i'm certain part of that is only because of what a better age you are when you get there.

~ dan ~

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
That all depends. You could go to a big time party school with poor academics like my school (Indiana University-Bloomington) and have fun, never do homework and get a degree. Just not for business though its a job 10 undergrad business school, so we have to work are asses off, but its all good.

Fourples

Tenderony
morelos said:
thankfully, i didn't start having sex until the month after i got out of high school. it seems most people in my high school class were in the same boat as i was; we were about the last high school class that wasn't largely having sex. kids these days have to do all the 'adult' stuff younger and younger, and it only makes them suffer more awkwardness and personal failures.

Speaking of School sex and how young it is, I know a girl who gave a blowjob to someone IN FIDTH GRADE! most people haven't eaven reached puberty yet, for god's sake!

morelos

lexicon incognito
i knew a girl who was forced to give blowjobs to her stepfather starting at age 5 and not ending until age 13.

User_Name

The Ultimate Asshole
otepsoul said:
lol i know what you mean i live in milford in new england we have about 8 black people in the skool.

8, wow, you beat me! There are appx. 3 or 4 students in my whole district who aren't white anglo-saxon protestants, no joke. :(

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
morelos said:
i knew a girl who was forced to give blowjobs to her stepfather starting at age 5 and not ending until age 13.

Did she ever tell anyone? By the way, I knew someone that was eaten by king kong.

loser

loser
morelos said:
like i said, it could be a lot better. actually, i blame a lot of it on the perpetuation of the mediocre system by teachers and administrators who don't care enough about the students to change it.

it's like those idiots who say "it works, so it's good enough."

well i'm of the belief that it doesn't work well enough and am one year in to writing my own calculus text. i plan to follow it with a geometry text and perhaps a basic abstract algebra text that would really help students understand.

there's no reason to teach math the way we do: here's a simple method for solving one problem, and here are fifty problems to practice on until you have the method memorized.

fuck that. talk about boring and un-engaging. and yeah, other subjects have the same sort of problems.

i'm more with you than against; school is what you make of it, whether you're a student OR a teacher. and "good enough" isn't good enough for me.

~ dan ~

yeah either that or "here's some notes that don't tell you anything, spend the entire class copying them out, read them, reveiw them, learn them..50 problems due tommorow, if it's messy you fail, and if i happen to lose your work, after you hand it in, with your name on it, in front of a dozen witnesses!...then it's your fault not mine." :rolleyes: god, teachers can be dumbasses! (no offence intended of course..)

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
School doesn't measure how much you know, it measure how much of a lap dog you are to the education system.

Example A: I failed every single (core) class my 8th grade year, and got at least an 83% on all but one test (which I failed because I set my mind out to). That's not bad for not cracking a book.

For the record, I got A's in P.E. and all of my electives.

And through the course of it all, no single teacher asked why, even made an attempt to care.

Example B: The next year (9th grade)? Why, I do all of my work and get on the Honor Role, and learn just about as much (if not less, because I got to spend less time thinking and more time working).

I'm 14, and I have no doubts that I could test out of high school right now. And you know what? They won't let me, because I didn't graduate from Junior High. I hate the academic part of school. If it weren't for having the opportunity to socialize all day long, I'd just flunk everything and get sent to "special" schools.

The only year I enjoyed (academically) was 3rd grade, because I was in a "smart" class, and actually learned stuff I wanted to know.

But they shut down the program, because it was "experimental," and it "hadn't worked out."

Budget cuts. I found out later they sacked the teacher, because they couldn't afford to pay her.

:mfinger:

Geeze, that has been on my chest for a long time. Thanks go to wtf.com (my place to rant). Heh.

Oh, and for the record, in my home town, the population was 50% white, with the other 50% being white power. ¬_¬

MaxPower

Baba Yaga
Staff
School and the need for education is just another examlpe of "the man" trying to keep you down. Right?

SurferGirl20

Banned - What an Asshat!
whatever

I really don't give a shit because I have done graduated and proud of it. Well for you, you may be fucked exspecially if you live in Virginia because of the S.O.L Tests requirements...lol :mfinger:

G's-up

Postaholic
SurferGirl20 said:
I really don't give a shit because I have done graduated and proud of it. Well for you, you may be fucked exspecially if you live in Virginia because of the S.O.L Tests requirements...lol :mfinger:

Are you sure you didnt go to school in TX? You sound a little like George Bush type of edumacated....... :)

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
NoSubstance said:
I'm 14, and I have no doubts that I could test out of high school right now. And you know what? They won't let me, because I didn't graduate from Junior High.
You're pretty stupid aren't you? If you failed out of junior high, there's no way you'd pass the GED equivalency test.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Skitch0o0 said:
You're pretty stupid aren't you? If you failed out of junior high, there's no way you'd pass the GED equivalency test.

Mmhmm... Not doing work doesn't make you stupid, it makes you fail. Grades are not a measure of intelligence. Just because you fail doesn't mean you don't learn anything.

MaxPower said:
School and the need for education is just another examlpe of "the man" trying to keep you down. Right?

If that was directed at me, then I think you misunderstood. Education isn't bad, its how they go about it. Schools end up teaching you what to think, not how to think.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
NoSubstance said:
Mmhmm... Not doing work doesn't make you stupid, it makes you fail. Grades are not a measure of intelligence. Just because you fail doesn't mean you don't learn anything.

If that was directed at me, then I think you misunderstood. Education isn't bad, its how they go about it. Schools end up teaching you what to think, not how to think.
My friend graduated with a 1.0 cumulative GPA. If you can't graduate, you ARE a dumbass no matter what. Yes, not doing some work doesn't necessarily make you stupid. Neglecting your work enough to fail at something as easy as junior high makes you a complete fucking moron.