WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Search for a daikatana

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Seeing as how I live in the place where it all began, it shouldn't have been too hard to find one. But it's friggin impossible! Help me out, I'm looking for a daikatana (a Japanese curved sword, looks like a katana but is at least 10'' longer). I want one that is within a reasonable price range. Say 20,000 yen ($200) and below. Any help would be appreciated.

daikatana was a shitty game.

good luck finding that sword...

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
ReiMeishin said:
Seeing as how I live in the place where it all began, it shouldn't have been too hard to find one. But it's friggin impossible! Help me out, I'm looking for a daikatana (a Japanese curved sword, looks like a katana but is at least 10'' longer). I want one that is within a reasonable price range. Say 20,000 yen ($200) and below. Any help would be appreciated.
Ebay

Descent

Hella Constipated
daikatana was a shitty game.
Did you play it, or did you read the reviews?

The whole media was biased against Romero at the time, therefore making 90% of the reviews worthless and negative (True statistic).

You should buy the game, then see if you hate it. It is actually a great game. It has a beautiful musical score, great levels, a deep, engrossing plot, frantic gameplay, and the most diversive weapons you will ever see in a game (Such as The Discus of Deadalus, which is a razor sharp frizbee, the C4 Launcher, and the Daikatana). It also has a leveling system, kind of like an RPG. The first level is garbage, but once you get past it, it becomes your new love affair.

It's only $1.99, so buy it! You won't be disappointed.

http://store.yahoo.com/chicagocomputersupply/daikatana.html

Just be sure to patch it before you play it, or it will crash under XP/2003.

Now that I have that out of the way, Daikatana is Japanese for "big sword."

I have one of those in my pants.

i got daikatana in a magazine a year ago. You're probably right as i played for about 20 minutes. The graphics were dated (no shit), and the first episode was so freaking annoying so i just stopped and came to the conclusion that it sucked.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Actually, the first level is bad, but the rest of the first episode is great. I'm almost at the last part :p .