WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Secretaries sacked after cyber brawl

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Secretaries sacked after cyber brawl

September 08, 2005

TWO secretaries at one of Sydney's top law firms have been sacked after a catty email exchange that was circulated around the city's legal and financial district.

Allens Arthur Robinson has been rocked by the cyber brawl, which began over a missing ham sandwich and ended with one woman taunting the other for being unable to hold on to a boyfriend.

In a warning to everyone who uses email at work, Allens confirmed that Katrina Nugent and Melinda Bird had been sacked and other high-flyers were facing disciplinary action.

The trouble began last Thursday morning, when Ms Nugent sent a group email to colleagues in the firm's Sydney head office asking if anyone had stolen her lunch.

"Yesterday I put my lunch in the fridge on level 19 which included a packet of ham, some cheese slices and two slices of bread which was going to be for my lunch today," Ms Nugent wrote.

"Overnight it has gone missing and as I have no spare money to buy another lunch today, I would appreciate being reimbursed for it."

Melinda Bird fired back a terse e-mail pointing out that Ms Nugent had probably left her lunch on a different floor, and that's when the fighting words started.

Ms Nugent taunted Ms Bird for being blonde. Ms Bird replied: "Being a brunette doesn't mean you're smart, though."

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
diamond said:
The best part was when the company spokesman said that he did not know whether the packed lunch had been stolen. Like that mattered by then!
psst! cleaners ate it..

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
was there ever a blonde joke thread on wtf.com?

diamond

The nice guy
I am sure there was, and I just bet it went down real well.....not

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
diamond said:
I am sure there was, and I just bet it went down real well.....not
ok.. diamond's blonde..

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
That happened over by me over a heavy duty stapler. Things got ugly. Someone lost an eye.

diamond

The nice guy
BklynCannonball said:
That happened over by me over a heavy duty stapler. Things got ugly. Someone lost an eye.
Yeah, but I still kept the stapler afterwards bitch.

diamond

The nice guy
She just joined...and brought cookies!