WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Sega reveals upcoming console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jung

???
Premium
SAN FRANCISCO - Sega of America today unveiled its upcoming console, codenamed "Uranus", just days after the announcements of rival consoles from Microsoft Corp., Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc., and Nintendo Co., Ltd.

"We're delivering supercomputer power to consumers' homes with Uranus," said Sega representative Earl Focht. "Uranus will take games to the next level of virtual reality."​

Press photo of the Sega Uranus

According to Sega, Uranus will have eight 128-bit CPUs, each running at 7.6 GHz, with 32 GB of RAM, consuming 1.21 jigawatts of electricity. The console will have built-in WiMAX wireless networking, twelve Gigabit Ethernet ports, and the ability to use up to 382 Bluetooth controllers.

Audio and video output is offered through seventeen dual-link DVI connectors and a Creative X-Audio optical link.

Earlier this week, Microsoft announced the specifications of the upcoming Xbox 360 console. By comparison, the 360 is vastly underpowered.

"Microsoft is demonstrating its power to innovate with the Xbox 360," said Bill Gates in response to the Uranus specifications. "We are confident that we can bring a competitive solution to the market."​

A spokesman from Sony declined to comment on Uranus, but a press release states that the PS3's Cell processor will have more computational power than every personal computer, supercomputer, and computing cluster in existence today. It will be released in early 2006 as a video game console for under $400.

In a statement, Nintendo of America claimed that its upcoming Revolution would not have supercomputer-class power. "We feel that gamers do not currently want more processing power, better graphics, or online multiplayer games," said Nintendo in the statement.

Planned Uranus titles SimCity 90,000 and Sonic 3D Adventure Powerhouse 5.

Sega plans to ship Uranus as early as July at $129.

"Uranus has three times the computing power of the fastest supercomputer today," said Focht. "Photorealistic games can finally be a reality."​

http://www.marco.org/index.php?x=132

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
please tell me this is a lie.....i dont want to play with Uranus...but on second thought ;)

G's-up

Postaholic
Thats a lot of shit they are puttin in Uranus........How many kids are gonna go to their parents and ask if they can have the money to buy a URANUS? ROFL.... :)

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
why is this in bait and tackle?

not in issues or chit chat?

-Scooter-

Maximus Complainus
The is a Mac, if you added every unit of informaton space on that bitch togther it wouldn't even equal a Gig. Heh, they are blue toasters.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
why is this in bait and tackle?

not in issues or chit chat?
Did you even bother reading it before you decided to reply?

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
junglizm said:
Lol - Did she ever stop to think that maybe you're more of a correct-forum-nazi than she is?!

I find it humerous that Descent hasn't replied to this one yet.

Great post, I'd rep ya if I could, but I haven't given out enough to others yet because there's no reason to.

Cheers,

WTFN

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
yeah i did.

This is a Flame forum, looking at a joke artical about sega, doesn't really fit in here.

Descent

Hella Constipated
LOL...

Yeah, I know this is directed at me. By the way, that Sonic game you see is the unreleased Sonic Xtreme for the Sega Saturn, in case you are wondering. It has yet to fully leak onto the net sadly.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
yeah i did.

This is a Flame forum, looking at a joke artical about sega, doesn't really fit in here.
Dear Ms. Kitana,

Perhaps I anticipated flaming or other replies that wouldn't be suitable for other forums. At any rate, I assure you that I thought out my post before hand and made the decision to post in the forum I found best suited for my thread. Thanks for your concern though.

Sincerly,
Junglizm

P.S. So fuck off, bitch. :mfinger: (Compulsory flame quota now reached; thread placement justified.)

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
We might as well make this general chit chat and get rid of the flame forum all together. I don't think you thought hard enough cause it clearly does not belong here.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Well, we know we have a sega fan here but what could honestly even made you think it fit here. Because you wanted people to reply with flames??? When all you can say is "fuck off bitch, now it fits... see see..."

Don't find that a little stupid or childish?

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
Don't find that a little stupid or childish?
Everything in this forum is stupid and childish, so yes. That's the point.

I didn't make the thread to impress you though, so I don't really care what your opinion is. I'm sorry my thread creation skills aren't up to par with your standards, even though it doesn't say anywhere that you have to flame in this forum. If you care so much then PM a mod and get it moved, or just shut up.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:

I didn't make the thread to impress you, so I don't really care what your opinion is. Pm a mod and get it moved, or just shut up.
Well we shouldn't have to PM a mod to have a thread moved because you thought oh well I just toss it in bait and tackle.

It is getting old.

WTFNation

"I'm a Song From The 60s"
junglizm said:

I didn't make the thread to impress you though, so I don't really care what your opinion is. I'm sorry my thread creation skills aren't up to par with your standards, even though it doesn't say anywhere that you have to flame in this forum. If you care so much then PM a mod and get it moved, or just shut up.

LOL. Kit got :owned2:

But, Junglizm, isn't she a mod anymore?

This is getting better and better

WTFN

Status
Not open for further replies.