WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

self esteem isues

tzedek

Original Member
what are some self esteem issues that people have? It doesnt have to be you or someone you know, just people in general. Or it can be ones that you have or your friends have, whatever. I just want to get some ideas for writing a paper. thanks

Tina182

Flame Bait
You mean, how people feel? Like WHY they have self esteem issues? Or WHY they're depressed? Or why the LIKE to be depressed?

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
people are too soft thats all i got to say

swizeguy

How dare you!?
yeah i dunno most people have some sort of a problem when it comes to something in their life. everyone has something that they would like to change or something they are uncomfortable with.
Me I have a few but nothing that limits me from doing anything so its all good.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Main problem of everyone is they are always trying to be someone else... if you are tall you want to be short... if you are short, you want to be tall... soo people get hung on the stupidiest things...

If you are ugly... WTF are you going to do? thats the way you are and you cant do shit about it, unless u have a bag of $ to spend on surgery...

If people dont accept the way they were made... they will have all sorts of problems...

magnolia

Postaholic
Body image is a huge thing. If you don't have good body image then your self esteem is shot. I know ppl who wont go out in shorts cuz they don't like their legs, or who will wear sweatshits in the middle of the summer cuz they hate their stomach or whatever. I know that my brother also has issues with his intelligence. He isn't stupid, but he doesn't do as well in school as any of the rest of my family, so he gets upset and frustrated. I dunno, those are just a couple of the self esteem issues that I've personally noticed.

magnolia said:
Body image is a huge thing. If you don't have good body image then your self esteem is shot. I know ppl who wont go out in shorts cuz they don't like their legs, or who will wear sweatshits in the middle of the summer cuz they hate their stomach or whatever. I know that my brother also has issues with his intelligence. He isn't stupid, but he doesn't do as well in school as any of the rest of my family, so he gets upset and frustrated. I dunno, those are just a couple of the self esteem issues that I've personally noticed.
i never wear shorts, and i always wear sweatshirts in the summer :)

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
um id have to say being different overe here im the closesed thing to a goth we have at our school so its a bitch

the questions. here are answers

You mean, how people feel? Like WHY they have self esteem issues? Or WHY they're depressed? Or why the LIKE to be depressed?

how do people feel?=really sad all the time,become a cutter and shit/

like why do people have self-esteem issues?=because he/she feels so left out

why are they are depressed?=well it is all the fact that i was a depressed last year and became a cutter cause i felt left out in the world,and that the world is agenst them.

why they like to be depressed?=nobody likes to be depressed all they do is mope arround like a down about to die person. but why do ppl ask so many questions about depression. juss ask me i will tell u anything.

why i am still a cutter?= PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVEING THE BODY!!!! I LIKE IT

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
Hmm, and here I thought pain was your body telling you "that's bad for me, stop it." Well, you learn something new every day.

Skorch said:
Hmm, and here I thought pain was your body telling you "that's bad for me, stop it." Well, you learn something new every day.
Pain is a beautiful thing.