WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Semper Fi?

Ok so I was a rebel in high school. I got horrible grades and no one could do a damn thing to make me change. I did manage to graduate in 2003 (more or less on time). So now 2 years later I've tried going back to school and the rents let me move back in as long as I was enrolled. Itt tech to be specific, majoring in graphics and game design. Problem is, I'm still a horrible student. So I get dropped from Itt for what ever reason and I have to speak with the dean and the admins about re-enrolling. Some academic probation bullshit and pretty much if I don't ace ALL my classes for the next 9 months I'm kicked out for good. They basically tell me don't waste my money and go some where else because I'm gonna fail. WTF? Hello I'm paying you money to let me go to school until I get good at it. What happened to fail until you succed? Is every so god damned perfect now and days there no room for some one like me? So I've had a crappy 2 semesters big deal, whatever fuck it that's the way it is.
So now since I'm obviously not made to go back to school I'm reverting back to my original plan from high school. Become a marine and replace my grad-daddy's sword (which my mothers dumbass husband sold at a garage sell for something like 10$).

I know what your thinking, what a dumbass right? I mean who would throw away a full paid college education? I would. Don't take me for a total idiot, only 33%. And who would want to enlist right now in the core with the current state of policing the world? I would damnit. OOORAH!

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
yeah, typical jarhead. more muscle than brains. you're laziness (read as rebelliousness or recalcitrance) is going to get you booted out of the marines too and you're going to end up witha McJob flipping burgers and sticking your pimply face out of a drive thru window wishing people a good day.

good luck with that.

littleone

the short crazy one
Got to hand it to you. Enlisting is more admirable than sitting on your ass with your hands glued to the keyboards. Do what you do.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
i have more admiration for people are enlist for more reason than last resort. i've known many people who have gone to college, then enlisted, and i admire them. people who do it because they can't/won't do anything else are pitiable.

GamerGuy87

I am sexy...Oh yea...
My dad's in the Air Force(Country Club of the Military). I applaud you for wanting to Enlist in the Marines. They'll take really good care of you. I'm in College right now, but I'm considering joining the military and becoming an Officer when I graduate. So yea, if you do decide to join the Marines, go ahead.

p.s. I'm pretty sure it's, "HOORAH." When ealry colonial soldiers first met the native Americans, they tried to teach them to say," How do you do." It came out something as," HOORAH."

Tostig said:
yeah, typical jarhead. more muscle than brains. you're laziness (read as rebelliousness or recalcitrance) is going to get you booted out of the marines too and you're going to end up witha McJob flipping burgers and sticking your pimply face out of a drive thru window wishing people a good day.

good luck with that.
Actually I make more than their managers at Mcflippers right now sitting on my ass checking people into their room (still wishing them a good day) with my hands glued to the keyboard. And to be honest I'm depressed as fuck. Being 20 years old and sitting on my ass all day isn't cutting it. I need something more physical. I told just because I don't do well in school doesn't mean I'm not smart. Not to say one need be a genius to do what I do, but you get the point. I know if I get out of this cycle I could make it. What is so pitiable about my plan? I had actually gone towards the plan of getting enlisted (took the asvab, had the sarg calling me up everyday) before I ever wanted to go to school and every one told me no don't do it, go to school get an education. I backed down and listened to them but now I'm a little lost right now so I'm thinking maybe I should go back to what I had wanted to do.

littleone

the short crazy one
You're right about that Tostig. But hey, at least he's doing SOMETHING with his life. Yeah, he's a little late, and yes it is his last resort. But would we rather that he live with his parents and mooch off of them for the rest of his life? Or do we not care about our fellow wtf-ers?

littleone said:
You're right about that Tostig. But hey, at least he's doing SOMETHING with his life. Yeah, he's a little late, and yes it is his last resort. But would we rather that he live with his parents and mooch off of them for the rest of his life? Or do we not care about our fellow wtf-ers?
That is exactly where I'd be, living at home mooching off the rents. (though they have the cash to be mooched) But still I think that is more pathetic than trying to DO something that isn't smoking weed or doing drugs all day (like most of my friends from high school do now)
Don't get me wrong tosty over here has logic in what he's saying. I'm sure there's alot of people who have enlisted as a last resort. Call it a death wish, call it finding your self. BUT I'll BE DAMNED if I just work and pay rent as a life.

littleone

the short crazy one
fortemptation said:
That is exactly where I'd be, living at home mooching off the rents. (though they have the cash to be mooched) But still I think that is more pathetic than trying to DO something that isn't smoking weed or doing drugs all day (like most of my friends from high school do now)
Don't get me wrong tosty over here has logic in what he's saying. I'm sure there's alot of people who have enlisted as a last resort. Call it a death wish, call it finding your self. BUT I'll BE DAMNED if I just work and pay rent as a life.
More power to you.

Tost, I agree with you too. Just not to the extreme that fortemptation is giving up and shit. :)

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
1. ITT Tech sucks ass. It's not accredited and a degree from them only proves you didn't pay enough attention to realize you could have gotten twice the degree for half the money.

2. I'm going to disagree with Tostig. If you want to join the Corpse go for it. You rebelious/lazy nature will get hammered out of you in boot. They won't kick you out simply because you're a dick. They'll just stomp on you harder and harder and harder. Eventually you'll see things there way. If you feel that's where you want to be then do it.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Speaking of which, I head out to boot camp on Monday. :thumbsup:

I gotta agree with Tostig though. Lazy people won't make it in the Corps. I suggest the Navy.

littleone

the short crazy one
Nailbomb said:

I gotta agree with Tostig though. Lazy people won't make it in the Corps. I suggest the Navy.
:thumbsup: Good luck Nailbomb! :D

fortemptation said:
I'm 20 and still mooch off my parents.

Well, my mother anyway.:happysad:

Janglenut

Particinator
There's no way you will make it in the marines. You're bull-headed and ignorant from reading your little speal. If you cannot take the time and 20 minute a day effort to get good grades in High School, you have a problem. If, after you've reevaluated your life and went to college and still haven't been able to put in the hour a day homework effort for it, you're simply not going to change.

Granted I wish you the best of luck, but I'm afraid you'll be for sure workign fast food unless you change your ignorant attitude.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Nailbomb said:

You will do better than this lazy guy, Im sure. Good luck.

Jung

???
Premium
I see no problem with enlisting in the military, and I'm certainly bias on that account. Who cares WHY he's enlisting, at least he is recognizing the need to do something with his life and making an effort to do it. I've seen plenty of people who only joined for college money, or to get out of a bad situation, that became good soldiers, did their jobs and got promoted.

If he does turn out to be a shit bag soldier he will get chaptered out after a long cycle of extra duty and restrictions. But I don't see why that would be anyone's concern but his own. Although I would suggest another branch over the Marines, if you are as lazy as you say.

All the people with no prior service, posturing about how he will fail is just pathetic. At least he is willing to do something with his life, and for our country.

Follow up

So I've looked into even more and thought about some things. I realized why I didn't do well at ITT. It's because I was doing it for my parents, not my self. To keep them happy and let me live at home not having to pay rent and paying my car insurance. Since I've dedicated my self to this I've been training the past two days(running/working out) and I even went out and bought a prep book for the ASVAB. Believe it or not, that stuff has me more interested than Visual Design Theory or Computer Apps ever did. Plus I've already taken the AFQT and passed, though it was a few years ago. I know it's all basic, but the point is I'm doing it for me and I'm staying motivated. I spoke with a friend of mine who is a retired Marine core sniper and he's given me some feedback from his perspective. That's all it's about, perspective, now I'm doing this for my self and I'll stick to it. I can motivate my self to push my physical limits and I'm starting to turn that over to studing now. Breaking the bonds of laziness isn't easy, but if I can quit smoking off of willpower alone I can start being more active as well. I'm calling up the Staff Sargent tomorrow to see if there is any infantry bonus.
Thanks to all the people who say I'm a piece of lazy crap and won't make, because honestly that's just what I need to hear to change(the truth). Hopefully it will stick. You guys (and gals) are great. :thumbsup:

I know you all most likely don't give a crap but I'll keep you updated (just in
case)

My best friend is trying to talk me out of it, but I won't let him. He knows I'm looking for a change, he is too, and he wants to move out and get a place, but then I'd be in the same situation, wasting my time on the computer, working, paying rent and partying which is stupid anyways. Ok thanks for reading.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Well, since you've made up your mind, I'll give you another pointer.

It's Corps, not core.