WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Sentimental shit

Shanananaaa

Bacon
So at some point in the past couple months I hit my decade of membership here. I was pregnant with my son when I first joined up, 20 years old. Part of me wants to journey way back and look at some old ass posts but, I remember saying some pretty dumb shit back in the day, and my moderately more adult self would probably cringe a bit. A lot.

Anyway. This has always been my refuge for when I really really need to just talk to/somehow interact with people who I don't see in real life. Though lately that more involved just checking in every now and then and responding occasionally, I think that's probably better than half the brain spew I used to post.

One thing that I am super thankful for though, has been the music thread. Over the years I have listened to nearly every video posted, and even though I end up not digging the large majority of it, I have found some of my favorite music here. Someone posted Devin Townsend's "Earth Day" back in like 2009 and that changed my life. I had heard of Strapping Young Lad and wasn't super into them, but his solo stuff just really stuck to me. I am pretty much a super fan. I've paid for VIP packages to meet him, have driven several hours to see his shows, and have only missed one Pittsburgh show since 2010. I have lyrics to "Universe in a Ball" tattooed on my foot. His latest album was like a spiritual experience. So for real. Whoever that was who posted that way back when...probably someone who doesn't even post anymore...thanks. And to everyone who posts in that thread at all, thank you too.

To ten years. Maybe ten more if we don't all nuke each other in the next few years.

Swah

Meet us @ IRC! Join the channel #wtfcom
Staff
I'm happy to have seen you around at least some of these years :)

Jose Nadala MD

Banned - What an Asshat!
I would have been on a forum for 12 years this year, but the trolls forced Steven Lerner to shut down his community 2016 and turn his whole website into a sparsely-updated blog...

I've also been on GaiaOnline for 11 inactive years, but that's a kids' forum...

I could write a bot to scrape Youtube and post videos in that music thread as good as the members post. Most of the time there aren't even any words posted.

A thing I made sent a CURL request from my Wordpress, to get the name of the most recent user online, on here. I didn't check, but I don't know if the forum calls my script a guest or a robot.

All this like only 61% on topic, but I'm a newb here, so I don't have any memories to share.

Now if I was on a forum where I had memories, I could be like: hey guys, remember when I mailed you custom ink coffee cups with your picture on them, and then posted a picture of my bare ass on the cups. Because that forum was far more WTF than WTF could ever be. WTF is an ironic title for this tame website.

Long story short / fun fact: Did you know that Reddit has Secret Santa with strangers?

Shanananaaa

Bacon
I did know that about Reddit. I saw photos of people who got matched with Snoop and Bill Gates and got some pretty sweet gift packages.

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
So at some point in the past couple months I hit my decade of membership here. I was pregnant with my son when I first joined up, 20 years old. Part of me wants to journey way back and look at some old ass posts but, I remember saying some pretty dumb shit back in the day, and my moderately more adult self would probably cringe a bit. A lot.

Anyway. This has always been my refuge for when I really really need to just talk to/somehow interact with people who I don't see in real life. Though lately that more involved just checking in every now and then and responding occasionally, I think that's probably better than half the brain spew I used to post.

One thing that I am super thankful for though, has been the music thread. Over the years I have listened to nearly every video posted, and even though I end up not digging the large majority of it, I have found some of my favorite music here. Someone posted Devin Townsend's "Earth Day" back in like 2009 and that changed my life. I had heard of Strapping Young Lad and wasn't super into them, but his solo stuff just really stuck to me. I am pretty much a super fan. I've paid for VIP packages to meet him, have driven several hours to see his shows, and have only missed one Pittsburgh show since 2010. I have lyrics to "Universe in a Ball" tattooed on my foot. His latest album was like a spiritual experience. So for real. Whoever that was who posted that way back when...probably someone who doesn't even post anymore...thanks. And to everyone who posts in that thread at all, thank you too.

To ten years. Maybe ten more if we don't all nuke each other in the next few years.
Duuuude... My immaturity on this site was so apparent when I joined. I can't go back and look anymore. I've literally grown up on this site and looking bank is sooooo uncomfortable! Haha

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Duuuude... My immaturity on this site was so apparent when I joined. I can't go back and look anymore. I've literally grown up on this site and looking bank is sooooo uncomfortable! Haha

I, yeah, I know exactly what you guys mean. I was literally 14 when I joined this site. I'm 28 on Tuesday. This site has been with me for about half of my fucking life. I can't bring myself to look back on the oldest stuff, as it's fucking cringe-inducingly awful, but by the same token, I'm glad it's there. It's good to have reminders of how awful we were, I think. And honestly, it's not all bad. I went back a little while ago and read some poetry I posted on here, or confessions, letters to nowhere, and it makes my heart swell with how much I felt and still feel about some of those things. I don't know. I know this place isn't the hotbed it once was, but I do know I wouldn't be nearly the same person without it as an outlet for so long.

The Hermit

Cuz I'm just that damn good.
This year is ten years for me as well. I haven't been here in forever, but was just sipping my coffee and having a smoke this morning and figured I'd check in.

I'll agree with a couple of the others who've been here for a while and say that one part of me wants to go back and look at my old posts, but another part of me says no, you don't want to read those!

Since I last posted here (I don't think I've posted here since I met my wife), I met a girl and ended up asking her to marry me! We have now been married for just a few months short of two years, and have an amazing baby boy! I don't drink hardly at all anymore, either.

How things have changed!IMG_20170522_0942562-1468x1957.jpg

Danni

Derp in the North
Premium
Looking back on the past ten years... one thing that I miss a lot is having fun in IRC during late night shows. Drinking contests (PRESS ANY KEY WHEN DONE!) and general shenanigans.

As far as posts, occasionally @ib4 will remind me of a post long forgotten, or one I didn't manage to take down from the PG-13 threads. I don't particularly care anymore lol.

ib4

Error
Staff
Looking back on the past ten years... one thing that I miss a lot is having fun in IRC during late night shows. Drinking contests (PRESS ANY KEY WHEN DONE!) and general shenanigans.

As far as posts, occasionally @ib4 will remind me of a post long forgotten, or one I didn't manage to take down from the PG-13 threads. I don't particularly care anymore lol.
Glad I could remind you of good times (hopefully) from necro-liking! hah. I really do love reading old posts and imagining old WTF!?. It is very similar to one of my main forums i visited between 2003-2010 so i even get a bit of comfort and nostalgia drip. It also adds to the entertainment portion of knowing people and inside jokes based on members from a different time.

BridgetteH

Particinator
Congratulations! :) On your growth, your anniversary here and your babies.

I remember joining for a bit when I was 18. And those posts are cringe-worthy because I was young and dumb, posting inappropriate shit and pics of boobs that bras just made look slightly less concave.
Last year I joined again, I was dumb and angsty, so those posts are quite awful as well.
I came back in April, fully aware that I'm dumb and fully accepting of my "lack o' rack", and I think that's growth. Of course I didn't create a friggin' life in my womb like some of y'all or join the army, but eh it's still some growth :camwhore:

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
*scrolls up*

Yeah, I miss all of you*. Glad you're all still alive and kicking. Thank you for the updates. This is a great community and we've had some good times together. And I agree with you, Bath, (Shananabanana?), I've learned a lot from this community. Whether it be music or tech, or politics or way of thinking. I'll never forget all of you.

*Bridgette, I don't know you. so I can't rightly miss you.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Shanananaaa

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
It's been a great ride, and we have a ton of cool memories to look back on for sure...

While things have changed over the years as people have grown older with new priorities and interests, and the arrival of services like Facebook and Twitter, we appreciate every one of you (with a few exceptions lol) who have visited and made us a part of your lives for no matter how long that lasted.

While we were originally rant and trash-talk based, our members collaboratively changed the place with a different focus (while still making available areas that supported it). Some liked that, some did not. That's to be expected. Many people who stepped away over the years for one reason or another, came back years later and saw a change. No matter what year they joined they typically remember a "hay day" (almost always for a year or two when they first joined), when people earlier than that would disagree, with thoughts such as "you think that was fun? well let me tell you something..." Ah the fog... The busiest time of the site was actually not in the original days, but several years later during the radio days. Anyone would go on the air and just have fun, and many even showed a gift for radio and could have even had a career in it.

From Descent's journey from SEGA to GAY-A, to @MaxPower 's dirty little diner tramp!

Anyone remember dustinzgirl sticking a corn-dog in her butthole on the radio challenge, or the old april fools jokes?

Shoutout to the original 2004 crew (several who still visit to this day but hide in the shadows).

Another shoutout to keeping this place fresh, with over a dozen completely different custom site styles, mascots, and layouts over the years and working with several designers who are the best in the business and we appreciate being a favorite project of many of them.

Special shoutouts to all the staff members that have been part of the team at one point or another, it was good to get to know you (even the ones that disappeared without a notice or rage quit). lol

Another special shoutout to all the weddings, funerals, births, radio roasts, and awakenings we've been a part of. ;)

OK, now with all that said.. Can we finally close this shithole down? :)