WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

serious question

swizeguy

How dare you!?
ok here's the situation.. i just started dating a girl that was like love at first site. i have fallen head over heals for her. She is so great and she just makes me feel specail.
But there is always a catch... I am moving as i have said on here before. but i talked to her and we agreed that we wanted to stay together and make it work. So i was alright about it for awhile but then a coworker that i was talking to was like it never works and shit like that. it really depressed me and i know posts like this have been on here before but i just need some feedback, Please.. :(

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
swizeguy said:
ok here's the situation.. i just started dating a girl that was like love at first site. i have fallen head over heals for her. She is so great and she just makes me feel specail.
But there is always a catch... I am moving as i have said on here before. but i talked to her and we agreed that we wanted to stay together and make it work. So i was alright about it for awhile but then a coworker that i was talking to was like it never works and shit like that. it really depressed me and i know posts like this have been on here before but i just need some feedback, Please.. :(
How old are you and how far are you moving away?

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
I'm going to have to go with the, "it never works" thoery. Especially if you are both young. Both of you will most likely meet somebody new, with her beating you to it, and you finding out months later. Than after years of therapy, it will be safe for you to get on with your life. With somebody new. Any questions?

Ok, so I was being a bit of a smart ass, but that's basically how I feel about the situation.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Honestly? What i think? Your friend is wrong. 1 hour isn't that bad to go see your girl, I mean if it was like 4 hours, I'd be like Fuck that. But I think you can make it work, don't believe what people say to you. Just do what feels right to you.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Don't listen to what other people say.. It will get you no where..

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
Well hell, if it's only an hour drive, no problem. You guys can make it work.

smoke-it said:
Thats what I said :p
i stared at that post for about 15 seconds before i finally realized something was there... wtf?

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
It will work, especially if she is only a hour away. i'm in one that is working right now and has been for 4 months, and shes 7 hours away from me, but we get to see each other about every other week so yeah don't listen to what people say it will work.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Unforgiven said:
i stared at that post for about 15 seconds before i finally realized something was there... wtf?
haha Unforgiven :p

shit man, my girlfriend is in texas. i'm in chicago. it can be done.

it really depends on the relationship and on you both. i'm the type who can make a long-distance relationship work. and no, it isn't always easy. in fact it's hardly ever easy. i'm always busy so i'm pretty distracted, but she's got more free time on her hands and i know it's hard.

but with today's communications, it's not hard to stay in touch as much as you want. not like writing a damn letter every day and waiting a week for the pony express to deliver it or something

so yeah, it depends on you. try it, and see how it goes. don't give up while you've still got feelings.

bnccoder

Postaholic
ReiMeishin said:
How old are you?
It is possible for it to work but age and a means of transportation could play a crutial part.

</rant>

Tenderony
You yanks can drive at 16 and, judging by the shit heaps I see on Pimp My Ride, can drive whatever the fuck you want as long as it has wheels and goes forward.

An hour? Come on. That's not long distance.

</rant>

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
bnccoder said:
It is possible for it to work but age and a means of transportation could play a crutial part.
I tend to agree with this statement. If you are unable to drive (due to age or otherwise) it will be difficult. but it CAN work if you make it work. If you are young and both your parents and her parents get along, it's possible to request that you and she hang out on weekends and that gives your parents some reason to drive for an hour. Or take the bus. If you are just unable to drive. taking the bus certainly should not be a problem for either of you if she too is unable to drive. One hour away is not very long as far as distance relationships go. If the both of you can come to some agreement on how each other will be able to be together occasionally then it can work. try the phone, maybe suggest both of you get a web cam so you can see each other as well. It all depends on the amount of effort and committment both of you are willing to put into this relationship. Without that, it won't work.

Fuck dude, my Girlfriend and I have been together for two years, in fact, Tuesday is our 2 year aniversary, we are in love, and she is 2 and a half hours away, it can work, go for it.

Easty

Click click boom
i agree whole-heartedly with the tongue...hehe, i said "hole"

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
bullshit it never works. I've been w my gf for nine months now and i went away to college for five of which. sure we had our differences but we worked them out and stayed together

Easty

Click click boom
is she still an extremely hang-out-with-me-all-day-everyday control freak, elburko8?