WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Setting boundaries

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Aggh!

I have a friend who flirts with everyone. Constantly. I didn't mind it before but now that there's actually a girl I'm really interested in, it's getting to be a real pain!

I was at the movies with a few people, and she was there. It was a "scary" movie so of course she kept grabbing me. I don't really mind, but then she kept trying to sit in my lap. I kicked her off (not literally), and she went and sat in somebody else's lap. That was fine with me.

Then, later, she kept wanting to hold my hand in the mall. I kept taking my hand away, and she got mad at me. "Why don't you want to hold my hand?!" It just keeps going...

I'm a huge flirt by nature (I acknowledge it), and it's hard for me to do this. So how do I set some limits and boundaries without making her mad at me?

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
i think the truth is your best option.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I agree with icka. If she is your friend she will understand and stop, or at least make it not so obvious.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I guess. It's hard to talk to her because if you're alone with her, she's flirting.

Shrug. I'll try.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Yeah, don't worry about hurting her feelings. She'll respect you more if you set her straight.

Good luck

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
Could it be that maybe your friend wants to be more than friends and that flirting with you in that way is her way of showing it? Maybe she is too scared to tell you how she feels, scared of being rejected by you and losing your friendship. I think the two of you need to sit and have a long heart-to-heart before you both get hurt. Good luck.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
No, it's not that. She flirts with everyone.

She doesn't like me, I know that for sure.

lynduhland

Prone to Bad Karma
The first question that popped into my mind was, what is she? 14 years old? Anyways, I agree that telling her the truth would be the ideal here. Look baby, you gotta learn to keep your hands off of me. I know I'm irresistable, but you're cock blocking. Back off. xD

Just kidding, don't follow my example. Good luck! ^^

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
She's 17. Or 16. I'm pretty sure 17 though.

Anyways, I'm probably going to hang out with her next week, so I'll take care of it then.

i think that she does like you. cuz back in the day i used to like this one girl and then her friend would always be messin around with me on purpose even in front of this girl, when she knew that i liked her instead. but if not that, then just tell her that you feel a little bit uncomfortable with the fact that she is being so physical with you. and another thing, if in fact she doesn't know about the other girl that you do like it would be best to inform her. it helps get the point across.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
She doesn't like me. It's definate, concrete, 100% sure she doesn't like me. I can't really go into why but I know for sure.

It's not that I'm uncomfortable with flirting, it's that I don't want to flirt with her since I'd feel wrong doing it, and also make a girl very jealous and mad at me.

On the contrary, I love flirting (too much sometimes).

she could also be an attention whore and if you're attempting to get with another girl or giving your attention to another girl, shes doing it to get your attention etc. Girls taht I was friends with that flirted constantly did that just cuz they wanted ALL attention on them.As well as if shes a good friend she could also be jealous of other girls getting your attention adn taking your friendship away and the only way she knows to keep that from happening is to try and keep other girls away/upset at you by flirting w/ya and gettin you to flirt back. just the opinions/reasons the girls I know did it. (trust me I never understood either, but then again I'm not a big flirter)

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
I'd tell her that it makes you uncomfortable because you have someone you're interested in and that you don't want to have other people thinking you guys are more than friends. From what I've read, that's what you're doing.

tell her that you don't have a problem with her, but its just that you actually have a conscience unlike alot of guys.