WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Sex or Life

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
This may be a cynical way to look at things but....What do you think is the most driving force in human nature, sex/personal pleasure or the fear of death.... i understand that some people may not want to submit to either, thinking that they walk a higher path, but for the majority of us, its either or.......so questions, comments....anyone....anyone....bueller....bueller.

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
I would say sex, because there are so many of us here...lol

fear of death ehhh.....think im more driven to get laid than I am to worry about death...

But I do know what your saying.....You wanna see some scared of death people go to your local church on sunday and watch them and how they act.... :D

Death is certan......sometimes sex is not!. :thumbsup:

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
It could be argued (not that I am) that every major religion sprouted from the fear of death since all of them involve some sort of afterlife. But I really couldn't say.

I don't fear death.

i was a banana in a past life, and i'm sure i'll be a llama in the next.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Unforgiven said:
I don't fear death.

i was a banana in a past life, and i'm sure i'll be a llama in the next.
Must suck to be a banana, you get eaten out once and then your dead :p
sorry, off topic

ReiMeishin said:
Must suck to be a banana, you get eaten out once and then your dead :p
sorry, off topic
death is the only thing you can count on in this life...

for those who don't know, i'm pessimistic :)

Pidgeon182

Bird of the Week
Ehh the driving force (in my opinion) is death. As Rei stated most of the major religions were created from the fear of death, and for most religious people, religion is the driving force. Not to mention most humans have that whole self-preservation sence during the fight or flight sensation. By majority I think Death is the driving force.

but once again .. death WILL happen to each and every person on this earth, others will die never having had sex... so I would think most people would be more towards sex than fear of death.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
bigck3000 said:
This may be a cynical way to look at things but....What do you think is the most driving force in human nature, sex/personal pleasure or the fear of death.... i understand that some people may not want to submit to either, thinking that they walk a higher path, but for the majority of us, its either or.......so questions, comments....anyone....anyone....bueller....bueller.
For your intellectual improvement, a small section of my recent thesis on sexuality in the twentieth century.

Gender refers to the differences between male and female that a person views as their personal identity. This gender identity is taught to us through early child hood and beyond, defined to a person from their parental influences, social considerations, hormonal and physical differences between male and female personalities. Gender does have an impact on behavior because there are differences between the influences and physical definitions that guide the roles men and women play throughout their lives. When gender is discussed, there is also role definition to be taken into consideration. Gender roles specifically refer to the differences between how the two genders define their image.
In traditional gender roles, the woman is defined at the care giver, a demure home maker with no ambition other than to care for her family. Considering that women were given the right to vote and own property within the United States only in the last 100 years, it is verifiable that even in the current twentieth century and sexual revolutions that take place, the social constructs of female rolls maintains the close ties to traditional roll definition. For instance, in the fast paced business world, more women are educated and industrious, two roles that have traditionally been defined as male, “…the masculine gender role endorses the quality of assertive pursuit of tasks and independent decision making for men, causing them to regard opportunity for advancement and independent work as important attributes in their jobs. On the other hand, women’s caretaker role influences them to embrace the characteristics of caring and sensitivity to the needs of others…” (Chang 2004). Only in the Western civilizations most recent history some men crossed the gender roles to become the home maker while the woman becomes the bread winner.
With gender roles defining the characteristics of pattern behavior, sexual affinity is the type of mate that a person desires and chooses and the behaviors characterized by these choices. The importance of individual behavior in gender specific behavior within sexual affinity can be shown by describing the differences between classical behaviors of a single mate seeking heterosexual female and a single mate seeking homosexual male. Does a single heterosexual female behave differently than a single homosexual male? In many cases, they do behave differently. The sexual affinities are very different across gender roles and behaviors, although both are seeking a male mate. Each individual has a notion of what style of mate they prefer to attract, and therefore would behave according to the type of attraction.
By recognizing that the Freudian definition of the id, ego and super ego has a distinctive impact on individual behaviors exhibited within religious beliefs, gender roles and sexual affinity, one can glimpse into the personalities that define a person. Often, individuality is compromised by the super ego’s desire to be religiously accepted and fit into preconceived notions of gender roles and sexual affinity that may not allow for freedom of thought and behavior. It is important to recognize that personality traits are both learned behaviors specified by the ego and super ego and instinctual desires as controlled by id, so that the individual can understand the roots of behavior. Some behaviors are natural, the desire for intimacy and emotional contact, while other behaviors are nurtured and cultured by experiences.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
dustinzgirl said:
For your intellectual improvement, a small section of my recent thesis on sexuality in the twentieth century.

Gender refers to the differences between male and female that a person views as their personal identity. This gender identity is taught to us through early child hood and beyond, defined to a person from their parental influences, social considerations, hormonal and physical differences between male and female personalities. Gender does have an impact on behavior because there are differences between the influences and physical definitions that guide the roles men and women play throughout their lives. When gender is discussed, there is also role definition to be taken into consideration. Gender roles specifically refer to the differences between how the two genders define their image.
In traditional gender roles, the woman is defined at the care giver, a demure home maker with no ambition other than to care for her family. Considering that women were given the right to vote and own property within the United States only in the last 100 years, it is verifiable that even in the current twentieth century and sexual revolutions that take place, the social constructs of female rolls maintains the close ties to traditional roll definition. For instance, in the fast paced business world, more women are educated and industrious, two roles that have traditionally been defined as male, “…the masculine gender role endorses the quality of assertive pursuit of tasks and independent decision making for men, causing them to regard opportunity for advancement and independent work as important attributes in their jobs. On the other hand, women’s caretaker role influences them to embrace the characteristics of caring and sensitivity to the needs of others…” (Chang 2004). Only in the Western civilizations most recent history some men crossed the gender roles to become the home maker while the woman becomes the bread winner.
With gender roles defining the characteristics of pattern behavior, sexual affinity is the type of mate that a person desires and chooses and the behaviors characterized by these choices. The importance of individual behavior in gender specific behavior within sexual affinity can be shown by describing the differences between classical behaviors of a single mate seeking heterosexual female and a single mate seeking homosexual male. Does a single heterosexual female behave differently than a single homosexual male? In many cases, they do behave differently. The sexual affinities are very different across gender roles and behaviors, although both are seeking a male mate. Each individual has a notion of what style of mate they prefer to attract, and therefore would behave according to the type of attraction.
By recognizing that the Freudian definition of the id, ego and super ego has a distinctive impact on individual behaviors exhibited within religious beliefs, gender roles and sexual affinity, one can glimpse into the personalities that define a person. Often, individuality is compromised by the super ego’s desire to be religiously accepted and fit into preconceived notions of gender roles and sexual affinity that may not allow for freedom of thought and behavior. It is important to recognize that personality traits are both learned behaviors specified by the ego and super ego and instinctual desires as controlled by id, so that the individual can understand the roots of behavior. Some behaviors are natural, the desire for intimacy and emotional contact, while other behaviors are nurtured and cultured by experiences.
sortof off topic but HOLY SHIT...what class is that for, and what format is that paper, because in most writing formats you have to restate your thesis at the beginning of the closing of the paper...god damn im glad im still in high school.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Hypertron said:
sortof off topic but HOLY SHIT...what class is that for, and what format is that paper, because in most writing formats you have to restate your thesis at the beginning of the closing of the paper...god damn im glad im still in high school.
It is a section of a paper for my human behavior paper. its actually about twice as long as that, I just copy pasted the relevant parts.

tzedek

Original Member
maybe you aren't as unintelligent as i thought you were :thumbsup:

Live2Die

Story of the year
who the hell would take the time to type all of that, and seccondly who cares enough to read that.... :thumbsdn: downgrade

Lexx_D

Who gives a Fuck?!?!
Thank god im a Network Admin and all I care about is bandwidth/server optimization, fault tolerant services, replication, and the occasional user that can't print cause hes a fuck-tard.

No behavioral science shit for me thanks.........

Would have went to college, but the army came knocking first. I waited along time for college to knock but I guess they don't make house calls as fast as the army does??????