WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Sexism

it is well known that a man can be sexist and chauvenistic; but can a woman? during my incredible day at work (i baked bannick), we discussed this in the kitchen, but it was all women. i want some mens oppinions on it. can a woman be these as well? :confused:

swizeguy

How dare you!?
HELL yeah common women can be horrible sometimes then turn right around and say that the guy is being sexist. Its a horrible double standard now adays. Sure there are a lot of guys that are sexist i will admit that but there are just as many women that way. Maybe not to a huge extent but even in just simple comments that are derogitory.

Easty

Click click boom
are you kidding me? women are sometimes worse than men are. probably due to all of those "stay in the home, it's your place" comments back during the 20's. but yeah, guys are bad, but girls can be worse, at times.

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Nymphchick said:
it is well known that a man can be sexist and chauvenistic; but can a woman? during my incredible day at work (i baked bannick), we discussed this in the kitchen, but it was all women. i want some mens oppinions on it. can a woman be these as well? :confused:
A woman? Sexist? Never... :rolleyes:

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
i can see why you would ask this philosophically nymph, when women are sexist or chauvenistic men really don't get offended-they still know they rule the world regardless. if one day women ruled the world then yes, they'd feel the burn.

From my experience, women are not sexist. From my experience, they hate everyone. :/

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
Nymphchick said:
Can a woman be sexist?

http://forums.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=7332

I rest my case. You accuse us of being sexist, then turn around and do the same thing right back at us. This also proves my general hypocrisy point. Tell me there's no irony in accusing us of being sexist, then calling all men as a whole pigs?

VenomHowell said:
Can a woman be sexist?

http://forums.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=7332

I rest my case. You accuse us of being sexist, then turn around and do the same thing right back at us. This also proves my general hypocrisy point. Tell me there's no irony in accusing us of being sexist, then calling all men as a whole pigs?
Well, in all honesty, you didn't really need to go off and find a thread where she said something sexist.

This thread itself is sexist.

"Can women be sexist, too?"
What? So women are all of a sudden superior and do not have to bow down to all of the personality errors that men face?

Hmm...just a thought...

Zoso

Zappafied
chau·vin·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (shv-nzm)
n.
Militant devotion to and glorification of one's country; fanatical patriotism.

hmmmm.... perhaps we all need a little bit of chauvinism

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
Awaken said:
Well, in all honesty, you didn't really need to go off and find a thread where she said something sexist.

This thread itself is sexist.

"Can women be sexist, too?"
What? So women are all of a sudden superior and do not have to bow down to all of the personality errors that men face?

Hmm...just a thought...
True, but I thought I needed to go out and find a more obvious bit of sexism. They might not catch the sexism in this very thread. :lol:

I kid, I kid, even if I'm not the one who is worried about seeming sexist. I am, admittedly, misogynistic.

Zoso said:
chau·vin·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (shv-nzm)
n.
Militant devotion to and glorification of one's country; fanatical patriotism.

hmmmm.... perhaps we all need a little bit of chauvinism
Ok, knowing that you were partially wrong, here's the Webster def, not one off of an E-dictionary.

Webster's Dictionary said:
chauvinist-n.- One who believes in excessively and often belligerently in the superiority of his own country, race, sex, etc.: a male chauvinist.

damn you boyz are touchy, i was just asking a question. oh and to junior who tossed in the thread, there was no need for that, that was a pms thread (laughs). na i was just wondering if women could be CONSIDERED that stuff, cause some don't think so, i on the other hand think we can be. so cool off and don't get your panties in a bunch.

Zoso

Zappafied
Awaken said:
Ok, knowing that you were partially wrong, here's the Webster def, not one off of an E-dictionary.

see what I just did was this thing called a joke. Ever heard of it?

joke ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jk)
n.
1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

Zoso said:
see what I just did was this thing called a joke. Ever heard of it?

joke ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jk)
n.
1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
Err...no, it wasn't a joke, it was called retardation. Ever heard of it?

No, I'm not going to give you the def, because you might not understand it. Why do you all have to turn all these threads into B&T threads? Fucking morons...

Zoso

Zappafied
Awaken said:
Err...no, it wasn't a joke, it was called retardation. Ever heard of it?

No, I'm not going to give you the def, because you might not understand it. Why do you all have to turn all these threads into B&T threads? Fucking morons...

wooooooow.... saying that i said a joke was such a flame (sarcasm, just in case you dont get that). dont be so sensitive. if im not mistaken, calling someone retarded could be taken as a flame.... whos the REAL moron here? (
just a question, not a flame)

jamesp

In Memory...
wow, think ill stay away from this debacle, sounds like a brawl waiting to happen.....

Shine

Blowing up my pants
Haven't you ever had that teacher, that always liked the girls more than the boys... etc.

I answer yes to your question.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Nymphchick said:
damn you boyz are touchy
Shit, it's like you came along and slapped all their peepee's with a wooden spoon. Did you go peepee slapping Nymph?

To answer the actual question... of course women can be sexist. Simply making a derogatory comment about either sex counts. So unless there is some hard wiring in the female brain that allows them to only speak fairly, honestly and without regard to gender then yes, women can be sexist.

It's like asking if black people can be racist.