WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

she's a boozer!

I have a gf that I have strong feelings for(most likely not love) but she drinks, and I've quit that crap. I don't want this to get in the way of things and crap so I just want to know what the fuck you guys/girls would do in that situation...Keep in mind that I like her alot. Thanks for any HELPFUL comments.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
Velvet Revolver said:
I have a gf that I have strong feelings for(most likely not love) but she drinks, and I've quit that crap. I don't want this to get in the way of things and crap so I just want to know what the fuck you guys/girls would do in that situation...Keep in mind that I like her alot. Thanks for any HELPFUL comments.
Well, I have been sober for almost a year and a half now, and I know how easy it would be for me to start drinking again. Being around ppl that do drink makes me want to pound some down. So, i stay away from people that drink. DG is pretty cool though, she only drinks like once a year so I have it easy with her, so I can't really say what you should do. Except, just stay away from those that do, or you will do it yourself again. One of the first things that they tell you in AA is to get rid of your drinking friends. It sounds harsh, but it's true. if you don't, you will never recover. BTW, i didn't go to AA to quit. I did it cold turkey, by myself, for myself. period. I just wanted to throw that fact in.

If she's into you like you are her, she would show you some respect and not do it around you. Maybe you should talk to her and tell her how you feel about it. Don't come off like you are telling her that you don't want her to drink, but tell her it's hard on you and you don't want to fall into that again, and it would be easier on you if she didn't drink around you.

If she tells you to fuck-off, or continues to drink around you, well, you'll atleast know how she feels about you. :p

So, I'm not good with advice, but there it is. Take it for what it's worth.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Velvet Revolver said:
Do you really want to get involved with a boozer? Seriously, if you want to turn her around, turn her around; but I'll bet that romance will not sprout from that.

pakdatson

Banned - What an Asshat!
Velvet Revolver said:
I have a gf that I have strong feelings for(most likely not love) but she drinks, and I've quit that crap. I don't want this to get in the way of things and crap so I just want to know what the fuck you guys/girls would do in that situation...Keep in mind that I like her alot. Thanks for any HELPFUL comments.[/QU

dude just ask her to please stop, or were done. if she doesnt want to or gets mad, fck her. that means she doesnt really care about you, or the relationship. i would bang her one last time though, lol.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
A change in lifestyle means a change in habits. If you are trying to make a change, don't set yourself up for failure. I'm not saying don't go after this chick, and i'm not saying you have to ask her to stop drinking. If you have feelings for her, and your feelings are recipricated by her, then she can repsect you and refrain from drinking in front of you. Just my opinion.

pakdatson

Banned - What an Asshat!
just become a drunk yourself. there you go, problem solved.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
pakdatson said:
dude just ask her to please stop, or were done. if she doesnt want to or gets mad, fck her. that means she doesnt really care about you, or the relationship. i would bang her one last time though, lol.

pakdatson said:
just become a drunk yourself. there you go, problem solved.
I think the first one was the better advice.. but i dunno what ever floats your boat

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well, get her to stop drinking, or get her away from the partys/friends that drink. or something like that.