WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

She's back

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
As I told you guys before, I had met this amazing girl, Kiyone Noriko (oh yeah, BTW that's not her real name, it's just a name for here). Well, we've been "official" for a few weeks now and everything has been going awesome. However, I also told you about the girlfriend that I had been with for a year. Well she wrote me a letter saying how stupid she felt and what a big mistake she had made. Now, I have no interest in restarting that relationship up again, I cared for her, but never loved her. On the other hand, the thing that hurt the most when we broke up was that I couldn't see her anymore while we had had so much fun when we got together. I told Kiyone about this and she said that she wouldn't mind if a hung out with her again (and she wasn't lying, I can tell when she lies to me :) ). The problem is that I don't know if I would be able to stay friends with my old girlfriend without hurting her feelings or getting her hopes up. I am at a loss, any comments or help would be appreciated.

Stephy96

Banned - What an Asshat!
ReiMeishin said:
As I told you guys before, I had met this amazing girl, Kiyone Noriko (oh yeah, BTW that's not her real name, it's just a name for here). Well, we've been "official" for a few weeks now and everything has been going awesome. However, I also told you about the girlfriend that I had been with for a year. Well she wrote me a letter saying how stupid she felt and what a big mistake she had made. Now, I have no interest in restarting that relationship up again, I cared for her, but never loved her. On the other hand, the thing that hurt the most when we broke up was that I couldn't see her anymore while we had had so much fun when we got together. I told Kiyone about this and she said that she wouldn't mind if a hung out with her again (and she wasn't lying, I can tell when she lies to me :) ). The problem is that I don't know if I would be able to stay friends with my old girlfriend without hurting her feelings or getting her hopes up. I am at a loss, any comments or help would be appreciated.
tell her that we can be ONLY friends and nothing more, and ur new girl god bless her:) j/p

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
ReiMeishin said:
Well...why not state your case to your old G/F and see what happens? Just whatever you do be completely honest and open. I'm sure she'll get upset, but in time I'm sure she will realize it's better to have a friend than to lose you forever.

MsPunK

Tenderony
stick at it youll be cool

i have an idea. why dont you show her the post you wrote? then she knows exactly how you feel. the worst thing ever is being in love with someone that oesnt want you, because you tend to read into everything- "he smiled at me omg" . She will endup slagging off your new gf which will piss you off. if i were you, i wud back off for abit, leave it till your girlfriend isnt your "new" gf anymore n then everybodies roles will be alot more defined, as, when youre in love, your blind lol. tell your ex that at the moment you are concentrating on your new relationship and that she should do the same because you know shes a great person and fun to be with. try not to sound patronising tho.tell her you dont want to hurt her!!! honesty is the best policy.

i hope this helps :)

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
I'd agree with stonerkat. Just give it some time and back off for awhile till everything is established with your new relationship. Also, dont put yourself in any situations where you might be tempted to do something with her.

(Ex: Inviting her over while your gf is out of town)

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
lilstonerkat said:
i have an idea. why dont you show her the post you wrote? then she knows exactly how you feel. the worst thing ever is being in love with someone that oesnt want you, because you tend to read into everything- "he smiled at me omg" . She will endup slagging off your new gf which will piss you off. if i were you, i wud back off for abit, leave it till your girlfriend isnt your "new" gf anymore n then everybodies roles will be alot more defined, as, when youre in love, your blind lol. tell your ex that at the moment you are concentrating on your new relationship and that she should do the same because you know shes a great person and fun to be with. try not to sound patronising tho.tell her you dont want to hurt her!!! honesty is the best policy.

Well, I translated my post for her, and she said she understood (although she obviously didn't). Right now the tension between my ex and I is thick enough to walk on. Well, I can only wait and hope for the best.

magnolia

Postaholic
Stay with the girl of your dreams. Sure u can be friends with ur ex, but don't let it go too far. If It seems like it is, back off. You don't want to ruin what you have going right now.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
she wont understand! she wont want to be just friends! in my personal experience/opinion you will wind up hurting her more if you remain friends with her right now. it isnt until she is over you that you can become friends. good luck with whatever you choose

woman are very fickle creatures, but it is possible to understand them!

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Don't fix something that isn't broken. If you have a good relationship going, why are you going to bring a third person in? Tell your ex that at the time you can not be friends and stay away. Make your current girlfriend happy and don't ever mention your ex to your new girl. This in fact could have been a huge mistake!

MsPunK

Tenderony
lilstonerkat said:

I GOT BAD REP FOR THIS, AND THE CUNT DIDNT EVEN LEAVE THERE NAME, WWHAT A LOSER

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
ReiMeishin said:
You should tell your old girl that you dont have those feelings for her anymore, and they are not coming back for her, but you would like to remain friends with her. Just be up front and honest with the old girl

or you could just have the both of them.

mdc17

Flame Bait
ok there is no way you can still be friends with an ex (who still wants you obvisouly) while you have another girlfriend. im in the EXACT situation at the moment my ex has a new girl and i want to be friends. well all your gonna do is lead this girl on, no matter what you tell her. cause your actions are gonna say it for you. you dont want to be in a relationship with her but she will still continue to have feelings for you even if you are just friends. which is not cool, even if you are trying to avoid it, your gonna lead her on. she has to be over you until she can be your friend, even if she doesnt want to admit if. if i were you i'd tell her that your not comfortable with being friends just yet.