WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Shit-Ass PC, or High End Mac for a Month?

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'd personally take a Pentium-166 over a Mac. I have to usethem FOR HOURS daily in school, and it's like pulling teeth. The lack of keyboard shortcuts on OS X just makes me want to rip the keys off my keyboard.

On my Windows box, my keyboard gets more use than my mouse for everyday tasks, from web browsing, to certain games, to music launching. Using a mouse for these things just makes me want to kill myself.

Oh, that and the fact that I could old school DOS games all day without any extra software :D.

EDIT: Itchy reply finger...Can a mod add the following poll?

PC: Pentium-166, ATi Rage Pro, Voodoo 1, Sound Blaster 16, Windows 95.

Mac: Dual G5 1.5GHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon X800 XT, OS 10.4 .

Jung

???
Premium
The Mac, hands down. You'd be able to run all current applications, Windows via Virtual PC, any Mac game, etc. The 166 would be horrible limiting as what you could do with it.
Descent said:
I'd personally take a Pentium-166 over a Mac. I have to usethem FOR HOURS daily in school, and it's like pulling teeth. The lack of keyboard shortcuts on OS X just makes me want to rip the keys off my keyboard.
OSX doesn't lack shortcuts, you just lack knowledge of them. Here's a very small list of them. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75459