WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

shit...

Chris

Sick Bastard
Ok, some fucker somehow got a trojan/virus into my computer, and it started deleting the .sys files, which means the dick for one needs a life and that I need to reinstall windows, as the bloody shit wouldn't even start...
Now, my computer is a laptop, and it is still fucked, I've just reinstalled, but the crap says I don't have any speakers, I mean, for example, I try to play some music, it says "MMJB Soundcard Problem, WaveOut format not supported". When I go the speakers(control panel/sounds and audio devices), it tells me there are no audio devices, but the crap can still beep at me when I do somthing wrong, anyway, when I go to the hardware part of "Sounds and Audio Devices", all the sounds things are there, they all supposedly work, but their location is unknown...
What the fuck is this?

«•·.¸¸.·´¯`[• Archangel, Dark Angel, lend my thy light! Through Death's veil 'till we have heaven in sight... •]´¯`·.¸¸.·•»

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
Chris said:
Ok, some fucker somehow got a trojan/virus into my computer, and it started deleting the .sys files, which means the dick for one needs a life and that I need to reinstall windows, as the bloody shit wouldn't even start...
Now, my computer is a laptop, and it is still fucked, I've just reinstalled, but the crap says I don't have any speakers, I mean, for example, I try to play some music, it says "MMJB Soundcard Problem, WaveOut format not supported". When I go the speakers(control panel/sounds and audio devices), it tells me there are no audio devices, but the crap can still beep at me when I do somthing wrong, anyway, when I go to the hardware part of "Sounds and Audio Devices", all the sounds things are there, they all supposedly work, but their location is unknown...
What the fuck is this?

«•·.¸¸.·´¯`[• Archangel, Dark Angel, lend my thy light! Through Death's veil 'till we have heaven in sight... •]´¯`·.¸¸.·•»
Um, did you happen to wipe out your hard drive to start new. If you did, your speaker software is gone, that means if you have the software for the soundcard use it. If not you will have to go out and find some kind of sound software and load it to your computer for the sound to work. Even though you have the sound card, its not going to work without the software. I mean just like when you had to reinstall everything else on your computer all that software and shit. When you start fresh and new on your hard drive, you loose all your files (software)..ect. Try that and see if it works. I should know this because I had to do this 2 times on my computer and like 4 on another comuter in the house because the viruses and the popups where bad.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Well, you will have to figure out what kind of sound card your laptop has, and then download the appropriate drivers.

It still beeps at you because laptops are designed to route the system beeps through the speakers.

Download this software:

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/13/5/13-5-4.shtml

Install it, then run it. It will tell you what kind of audio hardware you have. It should be listed under "Sound Card Information."

After you find out what kind of audio you have, download the drivers from the appropriate website.

Chris

Sick Bastard
Guess what, it can't find any sound card info, not even inside other things like windows in and main board, stuff like that

Descent

Hella Constipated
What is the make/model of your laptop? I could easily find the sound drivers for you...

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
jstager said:
Well, you will have to figure out what kind of sound card your laptop has, and then download the appropriate drivers.

It still beeps at you because laptops are designed to route the system beeps through the speakers.

Download this software:

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/13/5/13-5-4.shtml

Install it, then run it. It will tell you what kind of audio hardware you have. It should be listed under "Sound Card Information."

After you find out what kind of audio you have, download the drivers from the appropriate website.
Thanks for starting where I left off :thumbsup: , I just didn't want to go to as much detail as you...lol. Rep up. :thumbsup:

Chris

Sick Bastard
jstager said:
What is the make/model of your laptop? I could easily find the sound drivers for you...
let's see...

HP Pavilion zt3000ea notebook PC

Chris

Sick Bastard
Ok, I'm trying... if this works, I'll love you for the rest of my life (in a non-homosexual kind of way... my girlfriend hates me enough for accepting the role of gay lover in school play...)

Chris

Sick Bastard
Guess what... I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!! (still in a non-homosexual kind of way...don't get your hopes up...)

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
If you bought the laptop from a local retail store, you should have the DRIVERS CD somewhere, unless you are really disorganized. Then go with the advice jstager gave you!

EDIT: I guess I should submit the post when I type it up... instead of waiting 20 minutes to submit!

Jung

???
Premium

Shit? Where do you see shit, I don't see any shit.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Glad I fixed it. If you ever need any more help, IM me, or post here.

Chris

Sick Bastard
Thanks dude, but I allready need more help... I just realized I need a driver for my graphics card too... I must have been a complete idiot to have overlookec it...my card is:

"Discrete Video graphic ATI Mobility Radeon 9200"

I'm the software guru...not hardware... :cool:

Chris

Sick Bastard
excuse this tripple post... when I say it doesn't seem to work, that means: jstager....help me... :(

Chris

Sick Bastard
nope, doesn't work, it says "Setup could not find components that can be installed on your present hard-or soft-ware configuration. Make sure you have the right hard-or soft-ware."