WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

shitty computers

reff6000

Flame Bait
i guess this is the place for people to bitch about their shitty comps

my setup is an old ass compaq presario

p3 666 mhz, 256 ram, 52x34x52 CD-RW, 8x DVD-r,2 hard drives 1 35 gb's other 80 gb's, and 10 mb integrated video

damn it sucks

Descent

Hella Constipated
Mine isn't shitty :).

After I get my new cooling:

Dual AMD Athlon XP 2600+'s
ATi Radeon 9700 Pro
1.12GB RAM
80GB HD
MGE Viper case w/ 500w PSU
Windows 2000 Pro/Windows 98 Lite 4.5 dual boot
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound card

Two Paradigm Atom speakers routed through a Pioneer reciever (Audiophile level speakers)

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Descent said:
Mine isn't shitty :).

After I get my new cooling:

Dual AMD Athlon XP 2600+'s

1.12GB RAM

Windows 2000 Pro/Windows 98 Lite 4.5 dual boot
Not trying to be a prick but what's the point of dual booting with 98 on a dual proc system? Or one with that much RAM for that matter? I've never fucked with 98 Lite but the 9x kernel won't adress RAM over what? 256MB And it won't see the second CPU period. There's pretty much nothing 98 can do that 2000 can't so why bother?

Dual boot with Linux... make it useful man.

Jung

???
Premium
UberSkippy said:
He already tried instaling Linux; he failed horribly. ;)

Good point about SMP though, I doubt he thought of that.

tzedek

Original Member
UberSkippy said:
Not trying to be a prick but what's the point of dual booting with 98 on a dual proc system? Or one with that much RAM for that matter? I've never fucked with 98 Lite but the 9x kernel won't adress RAM over what? 256MB And it won't see the second CPU period. There's pretty much nothing 98 can do that 2000 can't so why bother?

i think he has 98lite on a different computer.

Bought my comp bout 1 and a half years ago. p4 2.4ghz, geforce 4 mx440 128mb graphics, 512 ddr333 ram, 80gb HDD, dvdrom, cdrom burner, and random other shit. All up was $1700 australian. Fucking uber shitbox this thing is. You can buy something twice as good nowadays for only round $600aus.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I use 98 Lite for a couple programs that don't run under 2000, as well as for recovery purposes.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
I use 98 Lite for a couple programs that don't run under 2000.
XP/2k3 compatibility mode. :thumbsup:

reff6000

Flame Bait
shit comp

the only reason that my comp sucks to the max is because I have no job or a life the only good thing about my computer is the burner and the internet thats it.

Descent

Hella Constipated
JNG said:
XP/2k3 compatibility mode.
I've tried that. Kix Pix Studio Deluxe, which I use for animated dismemberment pictures doesn't like it. Nor does Sonic CD, and a few other random programs.

The 9x kernel can address up to 2GB I believe, you just have to enable "Limit Memory to xxx MB" in MSConfig. One check box and then it works.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Descent said:
I've tried that. Kix Pix Studio Deluxe, which I use for animated dismemberment pictures doesn't like it. Nor does Sonic CD, and a few other random programs.

The 9x kernel can address up to 2GB I believe, you just have to enable "Limit Memory to xxx MB" in MSConfig. One check box and then it works.

9x can address a butt ton of memory. It just won't use it. I don't know if there's a way around that or not. It'll see (address) far more than the 256 limit but it just won't use it. Thanks Bill... I appreciate it. Show me the resources... just don't let me use them.

That's like when your buddy goes to get you a beer and drinks the last one on the way back to the couch.

gummi_

Tenderony
Tell me about shitty pc's ... hehe ... mine's like a calculator ...

p3 550mhz, 327ram, 12gb hdd, gf4, windows98se

:thumbsup:

</rant>

Tenderony
I recently built me a new pc and it actually works!

AMD64 3200+, MSI neo2 Platinum mobo, tagan 480w psu. Star ice cooling (noisy as fuck) Old 4600ti. Runs hl2 great.

Anyone play HL2 DM?

</rant>

Descent

Hella Constipated
I love HL:2 DM. That should run EXCELLENT on your current config, <rant.>

</rant>

Tenderony
Descent said:
I love HL:2 DM. That should run EXCELLENT on your current config, <rant.>
Yeah its cool. Had a xfx 6800gt on loan from a mate for a bit while his computer as fucked. Took it back when he got it sorted. Fucked again, I got it, fixed gave it back to him. Now its fucked again and I'm due the 6800 again.

Gonna have to buy one eventually, but my ti runs it fine. tbh I cant really notice the difference.

Need me some tft's i think before any gfx cards.

Should have a bash if you fancy it. got xfire?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Yeah, I have XFire. IM yourownasshole if you want to bash.

By the way, I have to buy a new CPU cooler so I won't get owned. I have to run my Duron for one more week until I can afford my Zalman.

I truly hate ThermalTake, and their false advertising.

</rant>

Tenderony
Descent said:
Yeah, I have XFire. IM yourownasshole if you want to bash.

Ill pm you if i see you..

By the way, I have to buy a new CPU cooler so I won't get owned. I have to run my Duron for one more week until I can afford my Zalman.

I truly hate ThermalTake, and their false advertising.
The star ice is good if you got the room and the patience to fit it! The instructions are shit, and its well noisy, but it does keep it cool. I just added an extra fan to the back of it to add some more db.

My computer makes such a racket it is ridiculous. I just ordered loads of tat off ebay to make it look cool.

MTV will you pimp my rig?

</rant>