WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Short Questions that don't deserve their own thread [2015+]

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Taters and haters rule.
How far does this rule extend? Does leaking personal info (I.E. dropping a dox) qualify as a threat, even if there's no actual threat in the post?
Not planning on doing it, I'm just curious.
Posting of Personal Information will always result in the full wrath of the Admins and Moderators.

Emmax

I'm your favourite little slut.
Posting of Personal Information will always result in the full wrath of the Admins and Moderators.
Also, just another technical question, bypassing bans (even IP bans) is ridiculously easy. How do you deal with those who continue to evade banning? I get the "keep banning" as it takes barely any time at all, but doesn't it still get obnoxious?

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
Also, just another technical question, bypassing bans (even IP bans) is ridiculously easy. How do you deal with those who continue to evade banning? I get the "keep banning" as it takes barely any time at all, but doesn't it still get obnoxious?

DejectedReject

Unintended Consequence
We have to be out of the old place this weekend or I would have him spray before we moved in. I think they're comming through the pipes since I've only seen them in the sink and the lady who lived here before us kept a relatively clean home which is why it's weird to me that they're even here. I want to avoid pesticides around he baby if it's at all possible but it may be our only option. I am mortified I hate roaches with a passion, I would rather have a spider infestation.
We had some of the large waterbug-type coming up through the drains over the summer. Pouring bleach down the drain helps, but if you want to be more environmentally friendly while also avoiding lung-burning bleach fumes, vinegar also works well. I also cover/stop drains when not in use, and I haven't seen one in months.

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
Is placement of Braille signs set in a standard/required location? Like how do blind people know where to feel for the signs? It can't be like, I'm just going to touch everything until I find something to read if there even is anything to read.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
This is why you are in the drivers seat and I am in the back seat. You are always thinking far ahead of me.

...or maybe you are my chauffeur.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
- Who the hell wrote this pile of crap? It's total bullshit!
- Stevie, it's the cheese grater.

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
Jeopardy, tonight, referenced Braille on drive up ATM's as being a requirement through the Americans with disabilities act.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Jeopardy, tonight, referenced Braille on drive up ATM's as being a requirement through the Americans with disabilities act.
I just always figured that the same ATM's are used in both walk-up and drive-in configurations, so why make two keyboards.

ib4

Error
Staff
To my computer folk, especially @BRiT and @Jung:

I have my own thoughts on what I think of this and I've heard others...but I'm curious from you two and anyone else who wants to chime in. I'm building my laptop at Xoticpc right now. I like getting separate hard drives to maintain files away from the OS hard drive. I also feel that keeping mostly just the OS and only the OS on its own hard drive maintains performance. I was going to do the build with a 250gb m.2 where the OS lives and an additional regular 500gb regular SSD where all my files and activity will happen. In our opinion, Is it this pointless ? Is there any performance gain? Or is it all just mental and cleanliness in my head that I'm seeing?

Notable specs on the rig for shits: i7 6820HK / GTX 970m 3gb (put the money elsewhere lol. 3 will do) / 24gb ram (for my music and design software)

Fÿn

Always black
To my computer folk, especially @BRiT and @Jung:

I have my own thoughts on what I think of this and I've heard others...but I'm curious from you two and anyone else who wants to chime in. I'm building my laptop at Xoticpc right now. I like getting separate hard drives to maintain files away from the OS hard drive. I also feel that keeping mostly just the OS and only the OS on its own hard drive maintains performance. I was going to do the build with a 250gb m.2 where the OS lives and an additional regular 500gb regular SSD where all my files and activity will happen. In our opinion, Is it this pointless ? Is there any performance gain? Or is it all just mental and cleanliness in my head that I'm seeing?

Notable specs on the rig for shits: i7 6820HK / GTX 970m 3gb (put the money elsewhere lol. 3 will do) / 24gb ram (for my music and design software)
That's one hell of a gaming rig you are building there.
With SSD's I haven't noticed any difference in performance by installing the OS in a separate drive. SSD's just work fast with that setup or any other you want.

With HDD's though, installing the OS in a separate drive can be beneficial, but mostly for boot/shut down times, not that much for the rest.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I cannot post any longer on the music or video threads since it makes my computer freeze, YouTube is fine on it's own but not on pages that have uploaded from YouTube or websites with videos.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I cannot post any longer on the music or video threads since it makes my computer freeze, YouTube is fine on it's own but not on pages that have uploaded from YouTube or websites with videos.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
I had the same problem for a couple years. I could not even view the random GIF thread. I was running a PC with a Celeron processor, Ubuntu, and FireFox. I finally broke down and bought a new machine and I do not use any of that crap anymore.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Yes but I still can't view those threads

I had the same problem for a couple years. I could not even view the random GIF thread. I was running a PC with a Celeron processor, Ubuntu, and FireFox. I finally broke down and bought a new machine and I do not use any of that crap anymore.
I think, yes it's my machine.