Headlines Should a certain level of education be a prerequisite for voting?

Should a certain level of education be a prerequisite for voting?

• NO education necessary.

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Literacy required.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • >= Middle School

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • >= GED/High School

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • >= Technical Certification/Associate Degree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >= 4 year degree

• >= Graduate School

• Only the most educated and genius should vote

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Jung

???
Premium
Ballots should be printed in every language to promote ethnic, and or, racial equality.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
printing them in every language doesn't promote equality... maybe sensativity but not equality...

Jung

???
Premium
Maybe i worded that poorly. It would be equal, in the way that; all voters would have the same ease of voting. No matter how many languages are spoken/read, or how little they're used, if they're spoken/read by our citizens they should be taken into account. That imo, is equality.(at least for the subject at hand.)

morelos

lexicon incognito
bigk said:
is that, earning and spending, or, earning or spending... if the you meant the first what about welfare recipients, who most likely arent happy with the position they're in, and believe that a change of their leader will help them out, just a for instance

ah, i did clarify that with an "anyone who turns in a 1040." the idea is that basically anyone who lives here participates in the economy. the reason i didn't say participation in the first place is because plenty of people live abroad but do most of their spending or buying here. doing both somewhat better ensures that you live here.

i guess i could have said "live here and participate in the economy." either way, i think that clarifies what i'm saying. i think any adult who participates in this country's economy and lives in this society should have the right to vote, regardless of legal status.

dangeo23 said:
How do people feel about ballots being printed in every language...

until america declares a national language, it's our responsibility to our citizens. i would LOVE to hold the attitude that everything should be conducted in english, but we don't have a national language.

~ dan ~

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
First off,theres no set level of IQ to use as a standard. If there was;lets say only 20% of the population would be allowed to vote. That kind of "ignorant" thinking is what keeps people like Bush in office. Its a novel thought,but like D said,you'd be taking too many peoples input away to somewhat make it fair.
We might as well go back to the sixties,when MaxPower was in his thirties. In this case YOUR vote would not be eccepted.

MaxPower to the people!!!

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
there may not be a national language "on the books" but the "books" are all written in the same language.. which is the same language that local, state and federal governments are conducted in... maybe that language should be recognized officially as this nations language..

R

RedOctober

This is really a funny thread.

As if it would matter who you voted for.

Both Bush and Kerry are part of an American Elite.

That Elite is governing the USA from the beginning.
You have never had free elections!

Without sponsoring John Doe from Shitheap Louisiana doesn't have a chance to become president, even if his IQ was 140 ;)

Jung

???
Premium
RedOctober said:
636a09-ghetto.gif
You are part of an Idiot Elite. This group of "l33t" idiots are devoted to making nonsensical posts on wtf.com and many other forums.

btw I'm jk man. I think that Elite is called the electoral college though.:)

MaxPower

Baba Yaga
Staff
DanGeo23 said:
there may not be a national language "on the books" but the "books" are all written in the same language.. which is the same language that local, state and federal governments are conducted in... maybe that language should be recognized officially as this nations language..

I Could not agree more. :thumbsup:

"Welcome to America, Please make some form of attempt to learn and utilize the (unofficial) but commonly agreed upon language".

MaxPower

Baba Yaga
Staff
junglizm said:
You are part of an Idiot Elite. This group of "l33t" idiots are devoted to making nonsensical posts on wtf.com and many other forums.

31337 Id107 54v4n7.

s1mpl3

Fresh Meat
There should be no restrictions on voting as that was tried in the south. If you put restrictions on voting you would be dividing the country more...this is becuase, education most, (i said most) of the time is connected to your class as in middle upper etc.. the most educated people excuding athletes make the most money on average... so you would be causing more of a class divide by making education restrictions on voting :cool:

snoxxn

Hoodrat
Ruling is about controlling the mob. Those people, educated or not as they may be, have the power. The thing about democracy is that we are not electing a ruler. We are making (or supposed to at least) an informed decision as to what's best for our country. I think you have to have at least some sort of high school education to figure things that are bigger than ourselves out.

Ibebarking

Flame Bait
First thing first, that so illeagal and it remove people who may have not had the ablity to learn to read, from to poll. Where every vote counts. A peoson read level is not the same as there I.Q. Beside have a read prerequisite more action mush be done to make sure a person knows what they are voting for.

By the present logic, I am not sure Mr. Bush would be allow to vote.