WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Should I Quit my Job?

Ok....so heres whats happened since I was employed at Harris Teeter, aka "The Teet.":

Worked at older store, 1/2 an hour away from my house. After 3 weeks of traversing back and forth for hours for 20 hours a week, i was shipped to the new store, which was 5 minutes away from me.

All of a sudden, before I begin my second day there, they call me up and say that they "desperatley need me" at the insanely inconvenient old store. So off I go, for another two weeks to hell.

Finally I'm starting again at the new harris teeter. I've told my manager that I can't work more than 1 weekend day but I'm available all weekdays. And what does he give me for the first week? Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm thinking...must be a fluke...oh well I'll suck it up.

Second week, this week actually, my schedule is friday, saturday, sunday. What the fuck are they thinking? I've told them when it is nearly impossible for me to work on those days and yet they schedule me to work then? I tell them to change my schedule because I can't work those days in the most polite fashion possible and they refuse and say "We can't change the schedule around it would cause confusion." YOU'RE ALREADY CONFUSING ME! I understand that being a manager is work as well but as an associate i deserve at least a little respect.:mad:

So right now im debating quitting, as ever since I joined the company every manager I've encountered has been extremely disorganized and can't even keep track of my paychecks. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the double thread here, I meant to just put up one but i wanted to change the little emotion thing...but it had already posted. whoops.

blk990

Serial Killer
Sounds like a bunch of dumbass dicks at work at usual. You shouldn't quit if you could change the schedule somehow, though. You could talk to another employee and try and get him/her to agree to trade you days... or fuck em' all, what the hell do I know? :happysad:

magnolia

Postaholic
If you really can't stand it, I'd say quit. But a lot of times they just don't have things together when someone new comes on the scene, so I'd say give em some time to get things right at the new location. If the old location keeps calling you just let them know how horribly inconvinient it is for you to travel that far. Hopefully they'll understand since you don't work at that location anymore. Good luck. I woulnd't quit just cuz the job market is so bad right now.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Some advice from my experince, tell your manager that you will not work weekends, and if they put you on another weekend don't show up. It's a little shitty, but you did tell him you can't work on the weekend. The only real problem with this is the simple fact that if they only have hours for you on the weekend, you won't get much pay during the week. When I was in highschool, I was working 3 jobs. I would tell my boss I can't work this weekend, and even if I was on the scedule, I wouldn't show up. Granted I had 2 jobs to fall back on if I got fired, but that doesn't change the fact that I had to be somewhere else.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Don't let those shitheads push you around like that. There's always a shitty minimum wage job out there to find, leave that shithead's store, and get another. At the LEAST you should follow the above advice and not show up at all on weekends, you fucking told them no, now stand your ground!

:gun:

Well so far I reminded one of my 4 managers that I cannot work more than 1 weekend day. I think that it got around to maybe 2 other managers, as my schedule for this week is something like friday and sunday. I dunno though, I'll report back to you guys soon when I learn if I can request two days off for a family vacation.

hurricanejon

Parking Lot Ninja
Id bail on the job. It seems like they are so drunk drunk with power that they dont give a damn about employees or they are just stupid. I say quit there are millions of other jobs out there, most better than Harris Teeter.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
I would write a letter, cc it to everybody. If you can't work weekends then you can't. Or at least post a note on the bulletin board in the office to remind them.

If that doesn't work, then leave. Of course, see if you can find something else before you quit, but if that's not an issue, then get the fuck out of there.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
angrywelshman said:
Ok....so heres whats happened since I was employed at Harris Teeter, aka "The Teet.":

Worked at older store, 1/2 an hour away from my house. After 3 weeks of traversing back and forth for hours for 20 hours a week, i was shipped to the new store, which was 5 minutes away from me.

All of a sudden, before I begin my second day there, they call me up and say that they "desperatley need me" at the insanely inconvenient old store. So off I go, for another two weeks to hell.

Finally I'm starting again at the new harris teeter. I've told my manager that I can't work more than 1 weekend day but I'm available all weekdays. And what does he give me for the first week? Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm thinking...must be a fluke...oh well I'll suck it up.

Second week, this week actually, my schedule is friday, saturday, sunday. What the fuck are they thinking? I've told them when it is nearly impossible for me to work on those days and yet they schedule me to work then? I tell them to change my schedule because I can't work those days in the most polite fashion possible and they refuse and say "We can't change the schedule around it would cause confusion." YOU'RE ALREADY CONFUSING ME! I understand that being a manager is work as well but as an associate i deserve at least a little respect.:mad:

So right now im debating quitting, as ever since I joined the company every manager I've encountered has been extremely disorganized and can't even keep track of my paychecks. Any suggestions?
from experience, thats a show of bad management, people who place requests for exempt days get them if it can be given, BUT i dont see how this would cause confusion, unless you got some dumbass managers, sorry mate, i would never eat there if something as simple as that would cause confusion...........