WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Should the U.S. postpone the presidential election in the event of a terrorist attack

Should the U.S. postpone the presidential election in the event of a terrorist attack

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
There has been talk of postponing the election in event of a terrorist attack. How much would you like to bet that if they decide to do this; there will be a "Terrorist attack".

morelos

lexicon incognito
1) bush claims the 'terrorists' hate us for our freedom and democracy.
2) "postponing" the election until a later or undisclosed date does exactly what bush claims the 'terrorists' want to do: destroy the democratic system.

therefore there MUST not be a postponement of the election.

there will not be a terrorist attack if it is not contrived by the idiotic US government. there might be a "TERRORIST ATTACK THWARTED, YAY WE DON'T HAVE TO POSTPONE THE ELECTIONS LET'S ALL THANK GEORGE BUSH FOR BEING THE GREAT HERO" kind of thing.

i dunno. i hate it.

Pachyderm

I really did.
I do think the there will conveniently be a terrorist attack before the election. And if Bush is able to push the election back with an undisclosed date as Morelos says, what's the difference between Saddam holding no elections and Bush pushing the date? No president should have that power, I feel like we're bordering on a dictatorship. If an attack does in fact happen, nothing should be decided until it happens. If it does happens on election day, then we will decide when the second election will be. I am sure if the attack was major enough, all of America would realize it. I realize if that happened, and people voted before the attacks, there would be some "confusion" in the countingand maybe the recounting, but we need to prepare for something of that effect rather than the possibility of an attack.
I think Bush has a lot more tricks up his sleeve, because I don't think he is that stupid not to visit the NAACP, or tear the nation apart with the many other controversial topics that have been visited (ie gay laws, and abortion).
What are you cookin' up Bush?

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Either that, or that the fact that we will "capture" Bin Laden right before the election, hmm, I wonder why that would happen? But yet still better than anything that John Kerry would ever do.

morelos

lexicon incognito
bullshyt said:
Either that, or that the fact that we will "capture" Bin Laden right before the election, hmm, I wonder why that would happen?
that was my first speculation. i wouldn't be surprised, but i'm less certain they do it.

expect it around october, though.

~ dan ~

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Well, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if any of that shit was to happen, its all synchronized.

Its all Bullshyt!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Maybe Im going out on a limb here. But I say Fuck the :gun: Terrorists! :bomb: They Suck! :mfinger:

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
I totally agree with you on that one my fellow fucker. They do all fucking suck. Godamn them all to hell!

Sod

Spilly Talker
fuck no, if they attack the white house and kill bush, more of a reason to re-elect

Sektor

Particinator
Hell no, let both bastards die.

And if the terrorists don't do it, I will!

Let's just have the election now. Right now.

Polls open-

I vote for myself.

-Polls close

The end. No terrorist attack.

In the spirit of the flame forum, my first official act as president is to have Rush Limbaugh sliced up, grilled, put in a soup and fed to the conservatives of WTF, with a fine brisk ground bone of Ann Coulter.

pimpyobitch

Banned - What an Asshat!
The election must go on. If it doesnt it just shows how much of an impact they have on our government, and that they can some what control it.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
better than you said:
Let's just have the election now. Right now.

Polls open-

I vote for myself.

-Polls close

The end. No terrorist attack.

In the spirit of the flame forum, my first official act as president is to have Rush Limbaugh sliced up, grilled, put in a soup and fed to the conservatives of WTF, with a fine brisk ground bone of Ann Coulter.
I'll pass on having "The House special" I agree with Mo,fuck the freaks in the east.They would love to know we're all cowering down,being paranoid fucks.
Just move on with it,kick ass later.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
MaxPower said:
There has been talk of postponing the election in event of a terrorist attack. How much would you like to bet that if they decide to do this; there will be a "Terrorist attack".
no if he does its just to stay in power for longer. and so what if bush gets hit. aww i shudnt say that

R

RedOctober

The most logical thing to do right after an attack is, to ignore it completely.
Democracy is worth it. And I hope Americans kick Bush his ass.
Because he did just that one thing Al Qaeda was asking for..
Revenge from America. They really love it!

This week I am staff member on one of Europe's greatest fairs, and I see there is not one Dutchman that is afraid. Of course there are certain things we take care of. Simple things as looking for the lonely bag and such..

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
None of you will be suprised that They ran the exact same poll question on CNN.com (where I got the idea) and it came up the same.

Last I looked it was like:

YES **** 97

NO************************************3606

We should oust the Bush staff member that wrote that memo.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
MaxPower said:
None of you will be suprised that They ran the exact same poll question on CNN.com (where I got the idea) and it came up the same.

Last I looked it was like:

YES **** 97

NO************************************3606

We should oust the Bush staff member that wrote that memo.
Yes Max,we know you dont come up with ideas of your own.
Better yet, are you content with Kerry as your next bitch?
Short of he being a democrat,I mean.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
gehtfuct said:
Yes Max,we know you dont come up with ideas of your own.
Better yet, are you content with Kerry as your next bitch?
Short of he being a democrat,I mean.

Democrat! thems fightin' words. You might as well call me a gaypublican.

Status
Not open for further replies.