WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Should we sell the site?

Should we sell the site?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • No.

Votes: 56 91.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
We're continually approached by many parties who are interested in obtaining the fabulous domain name. Should we sell the site?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
BRiT said:
We're continually approached by many parties who are interested in obtaining the fabulous domain name. Should we sell the site?
Umm...you mean like..sell the name? Sell the site AS a HOLE?
I mean...umm.
???

What was the question?

Just make it nice n simple for em: put NOT FOR SALE on the front page. This site is by far the coolest open ended forum site on the internet I've ever been to. With the name you can randomly get pissed off people to a site where they can actually get some sense just by saying what the fuck. Don't sell it, it's too awesome.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
My personal feeling is no. I would prefer you kept it. I enjoy coming here.
But, If the business opportunity out weighs the enjoyment you get from owning it, then perhaps you should.
That’s the part only you and Jason can decide.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
If you sold I think half the members would commit suicide..

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I don't think the new management could ever live up to you guys...

But MaxPower said it best. You've just got to weigh your options.

sin

Clitpickle
Yeah, this site is great, it would suck if you sold it, there's nothing better to do when the workload gets to the 'i can't be fucked' stage. ;)

Premier

Professional Deviate
dont sell the site.... cause that would well suck. cause well then... umm well yeah it would suck.
:blahblah:
:wstupid:

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneone11one that would SUCK! this is the best site in the world and i like the way you guys are managing it. but its your choice.

Fugly

Tenderony
Depends on how much. If its high 6 figures Oh hell yah. It all depends on what they offer. It's just a msg board man if people want to make you rich off it then I say WTF why not?

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
Fugly said:
Depends on how much. If its high 6 figures Oh hell yah. It all depends on what they offer. It's just a msg board man if people want to make you rich off it then I say WTF why not?
fuck you bann this kid. goddam unloyal people.

yeah ban that ass hat. we need to keep this site, and Jason and BRiT need to keep running it. those other peopel who want to buy this site should make their own damn site. im leaving permanently if you let those other people buy wtf.com

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
yeah me too if it gets sold ill give up my account.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
nah im kidding id stay true to this site, no matter what happens

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
p99 said:
If you sold I think half the members would commit suicide..
yes..yes they would (including me)
this site is awesome...you never thought typring 'wtf' in the browser one day would lead you to site where you spend alotta time at, if not for this site, i'd be rotting my brain out with video games...playing with my knifes in bad ways...i wouldn't have met any of yall...and i dunno, shit...lots of stuff
keep it.... cuz there's none like this site

Fugly

Tenderony
Your really missing the point. I like the site and I hope it doesn't go away but these people who want to buy WTF most likely aren't going to keep the same format. They think that the common name will make them money. So if Brit et. al. sell the site your msg board goes bye bye. And like I said for enough money my soul is for sale as is everybody else here.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
Fugly said:
Your really missing the point. I like the site and I hope it doesn't go away but these people who want to buy WTF most likely aren't going to keep the same format. They think that the common name will make them money. So if Brit et. al. sell the site your msg board goes bye bye. And like I said for enough money my soul is for sale as is everybody else here.
nah if i owned the site, i wouldn`t sell it for x amount of cash

Fugly

Tenderony
Yes you would. some one offers you enough money you'd fuck a goat. I imagine that this offer is less then 6 figures so it all depends how much the owner of this site wants the cash. Be realistic, though this board is entertaining when somebody is offering you a bag of cash how much do you think about a bunch of teenage smacktards and their feelings?

Status
Not open for further replies.