Scrapbook Show your scars

Shanananaaa

Bacon
I have some scars from my accident (for newer members not privy to such info, I was in a gnarly motorcycle accident two years ago.)

d023f2c6.jpg

Three scars on my right hand: from left to right, a pin and a plate were installed in the first wound, the little middle one is from where they pushed a bone back into my hand, and the one on the right is from another plate.

aab61b3f.jpg

Plate in my upper humerus, left arm.

1dcca074.jpg

The left side (right, when facing) of my face was reconstructed. I have scarring all around my left eye, including it being an entirely different shape as the right side. The light is too bright to really tell, but my left cheek is reddish from scarring, as is above my left eye. My lower tear duct was shredded.

I also have road rash scars up my left leg and arm but they didn't photograph well. No scars where I lost a kidney since they didn't remove it, they just let it die in my body.

Lioness

Banned - What an Asshat!
I think it was in 2006 that I did this but I'm not sure. It was a dumb stunt on my part. I broke both the bones in my left ankle. We have a 4 x 4 dodge that doesn't have the rails to help short fat fucks such as me to climb inside it. So I get the brilliant idea to get a milk crate to use it as a stool so to speak.

Needless to say, I should have listened to my daughter's warnings. I ended up having surgery on my ankle. The outer bone has a plate and screws in it. The inner bone has pins (not shown). The outer incision left a very ugly scar that I ended up covering up with a terrible tattoo that I wish I could get removed now. Oh, well.

And these pictures weren't long after the accident so I still had some really bad swelling in my foot. Course, it still swells up when I've been on my feet a long period of time.

45b3ce9d2a.jpg

fee8e7ce07.jpg

29cbc5f193.jpg

6736d42993.jpg

and the crap tat after....

6172986057.png

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

been that, done there
Cool story, bro. Way to contribute. Seriously. :thumbsup:
This is questionable :confused:

Got any details to add to that or was that brilliant bit the jist?
The phlogosis was so severe that they had to urgently remove it, as I was risking my life. The scar is only 2 inch long, and not so visible anymore. But I remember that the anesthesia was sooooo funny, I woke up 36 hours after the surgery, yelling "I WANT MOOOAAAAAARRRR", and the (female) nurses who helped me having a shower before leaving the hospital... eheh... no sex, they just rubbed me everywhere, yes even "there". No handjobs either, fuck that.
The day before I went for the 1st time to McDonalds. Is it just a case?

This feels useless anyway, as it's so small compared to what happened to others.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Clumsy fucks. The worst I got is some graphite in my palm, a t-shaped scar on my nose from one of my old pit bulls, and a bunch of old scrapes from my BMXing days.

On a quick aside, shana's eye is kinda turning me on. I'm not sure why.

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
I was 11, I set a record or at least they told me I did. I was home 4 days later. eating solid food the following night after surgery. Should have been 10 days and 3 days respectively.

Full clearance for full contact sports 4 or 6 months later I think.

asininegenius

Banned - What an Asshat!
I was 11, I set a record or at least they told me I did. I was home 4 days later. eating solid food the following night after surgery. Should have been 10 days and 3 days respectively.

Full clearance for full contact sports 4 or 6 months later I think.

I was told that I set a record as well, for worst hand injury ever seen at Wesley Medical Center (Wichita, KS), which is the area I grew up.

I'll drink to our records.

RebelBuddha

Kre8orOfChaos
I was told that I set a record as well, for worst hand injury ever seen at Wesley Medical Center (Wichita, KS), which is the area I grew up.

I'll drink to our records.

I'm not sure if they're records, but throughout my whole ordeal everyone was stupid amazed. From the time that the paramedics showed up.... all the way to healing after surgery. Nobody could figure out how I didnt go into shock and that I was coherent enough to correct the EMT on her dressing of my wound. I was on 30ccs of morphine and 35ccs of demoral within 20 minutes and was able to determine that I needed to get out of that hospital. My dad called in a favor had a helicopter flown in... picked me up... flew me to Baton Rouge. My pregnant sister is on the helicopter. She's nine months and feaking the fuck out cause she thinks I might die.

My skin is boiling and my lower half is flopping the fuck around. I couldnt control it. My head remains erily still. And my speech and understanding oddly calm. And as my 9 month pregnant sister is freaking out and crying... I'm telling her everything is going to be okay. She would have the baby don't worry about it... I understand... you want to make sure I"m ok.... so you chanced your pregnancy to make sure I'm okay. And for that... your child will survive and be beautiful. For your thoughtless action.... boom... EMT is flashing a light in my eyes asking me if everything is okay. Can I hear him... can I see him... how many fingers. The next thing I said to him was: "is it okay to pass out now? I didnt feel safe so I didnt want to pass out." To which the doctors and nurses (in astonishment) replied "we have no idea how you're even talking right now.

Holy shit... I think I might have died. Typing this out brought some shit up.

Next thing I remember I wake up in a burn unit about a week after. My doctor walks in and he's like: "hey... I'm not sure how to tell you this... but... you may lose your left foot and both your hands." to which I replied: "hey doc do what you gotta do... I guess I can always get around on nubs."

This guy looked at me like I lost my shit. Then I told him: "Hey doc, its alright man, you can laugh. There is nothing I can do about it now."

He just walked out.

3 and a half years later I'm still in court. Nobody has a clue how I have my hands, my left foot. Why everything healed the way it did. And I'm still just kind of waiting on something more positive to come out of it all.

I think I just found out whats been bothering me. PTSD from my accident.