WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Shut down problems...

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Well heres the sit. see if any of you can help me out here....
I just resently installed the driver to my Nvidia video card, that went fine. But when i go to shut down my computer it freezes on the shut down screen. Everytime. Everything else works fine tho. No problems anywhere else but it freezes when i go to shut it down..
Any ideas?

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
I am taking for granted that you are running XP. Where does it lock at shut down? IF you boot into safe mode and then try a shut down does it freeze as well?

swizeguy

How dare you!?
ok first off.. yes XP...... It shuts down on the blue screen that says windows is now shutting down.. right after it saves the settings and junk.
And yes it does the same thing in safe mode.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Have you tried uninstalling your nV driver, as well as your AGPSet drivers? Reinstalling those can make a world of difference.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Yeah you see i did that.. i reinstalled them and i even reinstalled windows XP (differnt reason) but still got the same problem....

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
swizeguy said:
Yeah you see i did that.. i reinstalled them and i even reinstalled windows XP (differnt reason) but still got the same problem....

Just don't shut down your computer. I rarely shut down my computer. It takes less time to get it back to where you were when you left it, and it's not so harsh on the components of your system. I imagine a jolt of electricity to your motherboard everytime you start cant be too good for it. IMO.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Fire_ze_Missles said:
Just don't shut down your computer. I rarely shut down my computer. It takes less time to get it back to where you were when you left it, and it's not so harsh on the components of your system. I imagine a jolt of electricity to your motherboard everytime you start cant be too good for it. IMO.
I would but my dad flips if he sees the computer on. Wasting electricity.. mmhmm.. but it is kinda annoying to the fan is pretty loud and its in my room.. kinda annoying when im trying to sleep.