WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Shut Up

Signify

Particinator
i hate it how some black dudes still go on about slavery. i mean come on. there is none now so fuck off with "i'm being opressed act". while, sure some old white dudes are jackassed racist basterds but get over yourselves. there is nothing we can do about what our great-great grandfathers did. They use this excuse in so many areas it just pissis me off

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Mmm I agree, picture this, I'm in the mall and I nudge my bro and point to an LCD screen in a kiosk and say, "Hey look its Bob Marley!" And then this black guy looks at me and leans in and says, "That's not the real Bob Marley.." I just give him a blank expression and start walking again.. People say racism is gone but it's really not..

EDIT: I was pointing to the comedian..

stoj

arsehole
Darkness_Reaper said:
i hate it how some black dudes still go on about slavery. i mean come on. there is none now so fuck off with "i'm being opressed act". while, sure some old white dudes are jackassed racist basterds but get over yourselves. there is nothing we can do about what our great-great grandfathers did. They use this excuse in so many areas it just pissis me off
Yeah I agree. I think it's got to do with group identification ('black', 'white' and so forth). Actually this reminds me of Spike Lee and Quentin Tarantino's little 'debate' over the word [erm... click here] where Tarantino was saying "it's just a word" and Lee was arguing that it wasn't just a word because it's use was reinforcing a slave mentality (a group identification). The reality is that racism is far from gone and racism only serves to reinforce societies 'groups' (tribes). On the flip side though you also have the issue of the preservation of culture to consider and with different cultures there are genuine groups to identify with. This is so confusing... :gun: :(