WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Sick....Someone shoot me please!

So, yeah, Saturday I got sick. Nbd, it's just a runny nose and a sore throat, that will go away in a day or two, right? Well, now it's Wednesday, and the illness has moved down to my chest. My lungs feel dry and I feel a dull constant pain in my chest, and at the same time I have possibly developed a small fever. Yay. :thumbsdn: I had to call in sick to work yesterday, and I got sent home early Monday and today. While my job is not the most exciting job in the world I still feel bad about this. To top it all off I've been missing classes because I didn't want to start having fits of coughing or sneezing in the middle of a class and disrupt the rest of the class's learning. I've been sleeping every chance I get hoping to kick this but the most kicking I did was my nose stopped being stuffed up, and I can now breathe through my nose again. At least I'm making progress. :rolleyes:

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Doesn't sound too bad, but, worst case scenario, you might have the makings of bronchitis. If you start coughing stuff up constantly, head to the hospital.

Nailbomb said:
Doesn't sound too bad, but, worst case scenario, you might have the makings of bronchitis. If you start coughing stuff up constantly, head to the hospital.
Please, God, no. I can't go to the hospital right now. I'm not coughing anything up, except phlegm every now and then, but I don't think it's going to get any worse. I know what I have isn't that bad, it just feels shitty.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
That's what I was thinking, but better prepared than suprised, right?

Nailbomb said:
That's what I was thinking, but better prepared than suprised, right?
I suppose. Still, I'm glad I feel like I'm reaching the end of whatever this is. (Although, last time I said that was last night and I woke up with a cough and a fever. Go figure. :rolleyes: )

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
What the crap does Midol have to do with a chest cold?

BrIONwoshMunky said:
What the crap does Midol have to do with a chest cold?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt he thought it that post through.

Hope you get better soon, Tiger.

magnolia

Postaholic
Feel better soon tiger. I know how it feels to have that nasty crud like that. I had it most of last fall and winter. I'll send you some chikey noodle soup and bring you a nice story book. *hugs*

Thanks, everyone for your well-wishes. I am feeling better now. I guess sleeping all day helped a little. And, Hater808, it's not PMS, so Midol would not help.

Edazer

The Destroyer Of All
Stop whining...

If you're that sick, you should try taking medicine, or vitamins..

Any intelligent human would do that...

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Edazer said:
Stop whining...

You suck little duck, not even I would run away.

Edazer said:
Stop whining...

Yay, I get to talk to you again. Guess what! I did take medicine, every four hours like I was supposed to. Yet, it still got worse before it gets better, as it usually does. Way to go, genius. :rolleyes: Do you think before you post or can your brain not even function that well?

Edit: Sorry, mods/admins if this counts as a flame outside of B&T. It'll be the only one.