WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Sin City (Warning: Spoilers)

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
I just saw sin city today. I thought that it was a good movie, but incase any one else has seen it i had a couple questions that i wanted to ask to clear things up.

the first is who was that guy in the elevator at the end, i could really recognize him from earlier in the movie and it drove me nuts. the movie still makes sense, but i dont remember who he is.

the second question is i want to know what people thought the colors meant in the movie i have my own theory which ill put below:
it seamed like that the more extreme people (either really good or really evil) were colored in. Goldy was colored because she was a saint who hadnt done anything. Roarke Jr. got colored in because he became so wretched and evil that he needed it. Everyone else had killed someone or wasnt generally too much of an extreme. there is one exception to this rule, but i htink i know why. Becky (i thinkt hat was her name) was only colored in the eyes, in my opinion this showed that she looked good and looked innocent. (the eyes which could represent sight and appearance) however, she betrayed them and looks can be decieving.

I'm not sure why the blood was white but if you have a theory id love to hear it.

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
WizardlyFriend said:
I'm not sure why the blood was white but if you have a theory id love to hear it.
same reason semen is milky white.....maybe they were bleeding semen......like super semen alliens......but sorry dude i dont know i still didnt see it.....

I first thought the movie would be suck because it's black and white and sometimes red came out of nowhere. But as I went to see it last night, I knew I was wrong. There are several parts of the movies that make me laugh. Eventhough the movie is very violence as much as Killbill, but since the director made it black and white, so it kinda avoid us from getting sick with blood and gore.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i found out that the guy at the end of the movie is the salesman. if you are unfamiliar who this is he is also the guy at the very beginning of the movie who kills the woman on the balcony with a silencer.

Rurrouni

Shinsengumi
The movie was suprising was funny, I loved the guy with the arrow through his gut. The guy at the end was the guy from the beginning who killed the woman on the rooftop. My friend has read the graphic novels and said they were extremly accurate in the movie except for a few things, that apparently will be in the DVD.

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
WizardlyFriend said:
I just saw sin city today. I thought that it was a good movie, but incase any one else has seen it i had a couple questions that i wanted to ask to clear things up.

the first is who was that guy in the elevator at the end, i could really recognize him from earlier in the movie and it drove me nuts. the movie still makes sense, but i dont remember who he is.

the second question is i want to know what people thought the colors meant in the movie i have my own theory which ill put below:
it seamed like that the more extreme people (either really good or really evil) were colored in. Goldy was colored because she was a saint who hadnt done anything. Roarke Jr. got colored in because he became so wretched and evil that he needed it. Everyone else had killed someone or wasnt generally too much of an extreme. there is one exception to this rule, but i htink i know why. Becky (i thinkt hat was her name) was only colored in the eyes, in my opinion this showed that she looked good and looked innocent. (the eyes which could represent sight and appearance) however, she betrayed them and looks can be decieving.

first i didnt remember the guy in the elevator either
and second her name is nancy, and i agree with the theory about her

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
What a great movie!

I think the blood was white not only to make it stand out, but because if it was dark at times the whole screen would have been black!

I can't wait to see the DVD version. What a flick!

Never read the graphic novels (or heard of them before the movie for that matter) but maybe some guru here could answer this.

Was the good looking guy the ugly guy who died in prison, but with a new face? I thought I may have seen both of them on screen at the same time in the bar though. But I thought it might have been a cool twist? He was pushing that car up hill pretty well, and the gunshot seemed more like a joke to him. Don't know if Dwight and the other guy are one and the same.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Sin City is a Comic Book btw...

They did a whole issue of comics with out any words spoken untill the very end.

They have a very unreal and deep structure and art work too them. I suggest checking them out.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
That movie was awsome!

Oh and the guy that was in the elevator at the end was the guy they showed at the very begining when he shot that girl. His real name is Josh Hartnett, he played in the movie Hollaween H2O, 40 Days and 40 Nights, Black Hawk Down, and he also played in a big movie called Pearl Harbor. I do have to say, he is very cute ;)