WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Skate tour gone horribly wrong.

Slacker

Postaholic
Me and a couple friends decided to go on a skate tour of all of the skateparks in boise. We pack all of our gear into a van and drive around to different skateparks. We arrive at a skatepark and start skating. After awhile I go on the quarter pipe. I get warmed up and start hitting the extension of the quarter pipe which was 15' off the ground. About the 10th time I ride it and I fall off the top and hit the side of it on the way down. And plunge to the concrete. I got cuts and bruises and to top that off I broke my wrist and sprained my ankle. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Plus it was the second time I broke my wrist this year skating.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Oh, that sucks. I'm sorry dude. That's why I don't skate.

Damn Linksy! You banged yourself up pretty good, didn't you? That sucks. :(

Slacker

Postaholic
zoloftcasserole said:
Damn Linksy! You banged yourself up pretty good, didn't you? That sucks. :(
It did and that was like 5 min after I took off my wrist gaurds.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
Linksy said:
I broke my wrist.
go easy on the typing, dont strain it. get better soon.

Fuxed

Titles are overrated...
15 foot quarter sounds like a vert wall... Yet another reason why BMXing is 10000x better than skating... Oh well, get better.

Slacker

Postaholic
Fuxed said:
15 foot quarter sounds like a vert wall... Yet another reason why BMXing is 10000x better than skating... Oh well, get better.
I said about 15 feet. It was pretty high if it wasn't 15 feet that it was atleast
10 -15.

Fuxed

Titles are overrated...
I got my money on 10, after that a quarter pipe is like amazingly lame to hit, because it curves too slow.

necro

Postaholic
Shoulda' got a bike, Linsky, I gotta vote for Fuxed on this one. I remember when I first started riding quarters/mini's/verts, went up, and came down without a ramp under me, so I nosedove into the ground. Another time, when I first started airing out, my back tire clipped the platform above the coping and I went over the bars face first into the tranny. Big big big crash. I'm not big on skating, Just because most skaters in the park I go to suck and lose their decks every 5 minutes so my lines are always fucked by flying decks. But I feel for you dude, but if you get back on your wood and drop in and do it again, your manhood has been proven.

Repped :thumbsup:

Slacker

Postaholic
necro said:
Shoulda' got a bike, Linsky, I gotta vote for Fuxed on this one. I remember when I first started riding quarters/mini's/verts, went up, and came down without a ramp under me, so I nosedove into the ground. Another time, when I first started airing out, my back tire clipped the platform above the coping and I went over the bars face first into the tranny. Big big big crash. I'm not big on skating, Just because most skaters in the park I go to suck and lose their decks every 5 minutes so my lines are always fucked by flying decks. But I feel for you dude, but if you get back on your wood and drop in and do it again, your manhood has been proven.

Repped :thumbsup:
Thanks but, I wasn't skateboarding I was blading or what skateboarders call them "Fruitbooters". I heard biking is extremely hard on vert and halfpipes/ quarters. I have broken my left wrist, right wrist, 4 fingers, sprained my ankles plenty of times, and ripped a finger nail off all by blading. After awile you get used to it But, it still hurts like a bitch.

I would rep you but I am out of rep for the day.

Don't feel bad, I know how much it sucks having something broken and being "disabled" for a little while. I'm stuck at home with a broken neck right now.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
Linksy said:
Thanks but, I wasn't skateboarding I was blading or what skateboarders call them "Fruitbooters". I heard biking is extremely hard on vert and halfpipes/ quarters. I have broken my left wrist, right wrist, 4 fingers, sprained my ankles plenty of times, and ripped a finger nail off all by blading. After awile you get used to it But, it still hurts like a bitch.

I would rep you but I am out of rep for the day.
auch auch auch... :( poor you.. :hug2:
You sound like my boyfriend..and he has broke his..umm left arm..twice.. once skateboarding and then a when he got it off he went snowboarding and NO what happened he broke his left arm AGAIN..oihoih oih..

what is blading/fruitbooters?

I can tell a secret I wanna skate tooo...but I'm to scared of it..:happysad:

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
OOOOOh right oh right thank you =)
ive seen em before have ownde one even..but didnt know they were called fruitbooters?

Slacker

Postaholic
teh anarchist said:
Roller blading, inline skating, ... they look like this
Those are cruising skates. Like what people wear on the board walk in california. These are my skates:

well this thread has certainly stayed on topic ... how's the wrist healing?

wootness

Banned - What an Asshat!
Linksy said:
Me and a couple friends decided to go on a skate tour of all of the skateparks in boise. We pack all of our gear into a van and drive around to different skateparks. We arrive at a skatepark and start skating. After awhile I go on the quarter pipe. I get warmed up and start hitting the extension of the quarter pipe which was 15' off the ground. About the 10th time I ride it and I fall off the top and hit the side of it on the way down. And plunge to the concrete. I got cuts and bruises and to top that off I broke my wrist and sprained my ankle. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Plus it was the second time I broke my wrist this year skating.
ouch! talk about pwnage.