WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe SkyNet takeover plan delayed, but moves on to new path towards dominance

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Two days before SpaceX was to launch a communications satellite that would widen Internet access in Africa, an unmanned rocket and its payload were destroyed in an explosion on a launch pad in Cape Canaveral, Fla. Smoke billowed from the pad where the AMOS-6 satellite was to be launched Saturday morning.

The payload included a communications satellite meant to provide direct Internet access to large and remote swaths of sub-Saharan Africa, in a program led by Facebook that also includes Eutelsat and Spacecom, the Israeli company that made the AMOS-6 satellite.

After the loss of the rocket and its payload, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg posted an update from Africa to say he is "deeply disappointed to hear that SpaceX's launch failure destroyed our satellite that would have provided connectivity to so many entrepreneurs and everyone else across the continent."

Zuckerberg added that his company has other technologies in the works, "and we will keep working until everyone has the opportunities this satellite would have provided."

Source: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/01/492230187/spacex-launch-pad-in-florida-is-scene-of-large-explosion-days-before-launch

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
@BRiT I see you are God of this realm. May we get a :thinking: emoticon on post rating, please?

I'll pay in kind :)

or cc if you need :p

HeliosHyperion

Lex Notionus
Premium
@CoprophagousCop but... you see... I'm more afraid of human beings than aliens... that's why I am interested in The Holy One's @BRiT , video :p

Since I respect all beliefs, and the fact that one of my friends is a certified Pastafarian (https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pastafarian&bext=lfa&atb=v25&ia=web), I do not agree with posting videos that show their extraterrestrial deities in action. I think it's rude.

also... wtf?

p.s. I think the first video you posted is a image in any case? the second one started with an eye going through the dilation of an acid trip... so I stopped watching

CoprophagousCop

Stomp out narcissism!
Premium
My first post in this thread was a screen capture from the video BRiT posted, that I jokingly edited to make it look like a UFO was shooting the rocket. As it turned out, I was not the only one who was thinking this. In my second post, the first video postulates this. The second video is in the spoiler and takes a more scientific approach.

• 1Like
Reactions: HeliosHyperion