WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Slip 'n slide

Can't remember if i got scarred from this thing. Anyone remember those long yellow plastic sheets that you plug into the garden hose, and it sprays water into the air onto it? Then you run all happy and stuff and jump onto it, sliding allllll the way down until you run off the end? I got kind of a really big run up once, absolutely flew down the thing on my belly, straight off it, straight across the wet grass and head first into my wooden pool fence at 300mph :thumbsup:

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Slip N' Slide?
More like Slip N' Bleed from the anus.
Thank god I was wearing that pad.
:thumbsup:

God, I love dane cook.
So fucking funny. :thumbsup:

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
I always covered mine in soap before I got it wet. One time some friends and I got a bunch of plastic strips and connected them down this huge ass hill. We must have been going at least 60 by the time we reached the bottom, and would roll to a stop. Let's just say on the first run my friend wasn't smart enough to turn sideways before he reached the bottom. Did you know it was possible to get a grass burn from head to toe?

bnccoder

Postaholic
I was riding down a hill on a bike and decided to hit a rock and make a jump. I did stop sliding before the cactus patch though.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Smoke said:
Slip N' Slide?
More like Slip N' Bleed from the anus.
Thank god I was wearing that pad.
:thumbsup:

God, I love dane cook.
So fucking funny. :thumbsup:

Christ Chex pwn you.

Back on topic:
Slip'N'Slides were awesome at my old house in Rhode Island. We lived on this REALLY large and hilly piece of land. One time we put the slide on a downslope and I got a long running start. Needless to say I didnt quite calculate the speed I would actually get (but neither would any other typical 2nd grader). I ended up sliding for about 20 feet off the slide in dry grass and I had a huge red mark on my chest for a week (the grass wasnt that wet after 10 feet). Fun times.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
bnccoder said:
I was riding down a hill on a bike and decided to hit a rock and make a jump. I did stop sliding before the cactus patch though.
brings back a lot of memories...

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
All of these posts definitely belong in this forum, but speaking of slip'n'slides i totally pwned my knee on a rock that found its way through the damn thing

el crotcho said:
All of these posts definitely belong in this forum, but speaking of slip'n'slides i totally pwned my knee on a rock that found its way through the damn thing
Yea i remember something similar only it was a sprinkler...

Easty

Click click boom
haha, we did that to my little brother once. he was like 8, so we purposefully left it dry. he got a running start and plowed into it. fucking great. we suck :thumbsup: