WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Slipknot's Disasterpieces

freakyvoiz

Outdated Ranting Software
i dont know if its just me or what but i love live songs so much better than song on the album i just think it brings more life to the song and Slipknot's Disasterpieces is a perfect example of this thats all i wanted to say if you agree post a reply

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
I've read every post you've posted so far. Each is crap in it's own way.

In one, you try to make the longest thread. And lose. Horribly.

In another, you try to act cool be saying that you hate your stster for liking a black man. GROW UP!

The next was a follow up post. Ever heard of the edit button?

And now this post. It's complete crap. you provide no supporting facts, nor do you tell what exactly makes a "Disasterpiece" better.

you would be expecting me to tell you to die right now, no, I won't because you'd probally do it. But what I will tell you to do is to go to your doctor and ask for a "castration". In short, GET OUT OF MY GENE POOL!

Thank you for your time

(no) love,

Billybob13

freakyvoiz said:
i dont know if its just me or what but i love live songs so much better than song on the album i just think it brings more life to the song and Slipknot's Disasterpieces is a perfect example of this thats all i wanted to say if you agree post a reply
Slipknot sucks nothing after Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat is anywhere near deserving the publicity those idiots get. The only talented members are the drummer(the actual drummer not those other 2 shitheads) and the bassist.

Jung

???
Premium
Everything Slipknot has created has been a musical disaster.

Slacker

Postaholic
Slipknot sucks allways will and there is nothing they could do about it. They've ruined their passed and their future. Enough said.

Jung

???
Premium
CopyLifted said:
WTF?

That's all I have to say to that.
I would venture to say that he means complexity. Slipknot, like most generic 'rock' bands, lack any real production value. Any moron can bang out cords and simplistic beats, that doesn't make it good, complex or worthwhile though.

Slacker

Postaholic
Slipknott is one of those "Heavy metal" bands that all they do is scream and shit. They have no talent at all. They got nothing.

junglizm said:
simplistic beats.
I dunno about the beats being simplistic, the drumming in slipknot is often complex, misused but complex usually.

Worst part of the band is either the guitar or the vocals, both absolutely terrible.

Jung

???
Premium
Linksy said:
Slipknott is one of those "Heavy metal" bands that all they do is scream and shit. They have no talent at all. They got nothing.
It's not just the unintelligible lyrics that gets me, it's the complete lack on progression or originality. Slipknot could be 20 other bands, and most people woudn't know the difference unless you told them.
WILD said:
I dunno about the beats being simplistic, the drumming in slipknot is often complex, misused but complex usually.
Well that's just your opinion. Perhaps you've never heard really complex and intelligent music though.

junglizm said:
Well that's just your opinion. Perhaps you've never heard really complex and intelligent music though.
Just out of curiosity name a band or solo performer to listen to so that I can understand your meaning of complexity(I may be looking at the wrong elements here).

Slacker

Postaholic
junglizm said:
It's not just the unintelligible lyrics that gets me, it's the complete lack on progression or originality. Slipknot could be 20 other bands, and most people woudn't know the difference unless you told them.
I've listened to alot of Heavy metal bands and they are all about the same, they are all about death or evil shit. Slipknot is for people who are insecure about themselfs. Along with alot of other heavy metal.

Slacker

Postaholic
WILD said:
Just out of curiosity name a band or solo performer to listen to so that I can understand your meaning of complexity(I may be looking at the wrong elements here).
Lets try Danger Doom and the Grey Album. Some of the best music you can listen too. :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
WILD said:
Well, they may not be in the same genre, but I will point you in the direction.

Other:
Miles Davis
Jamie Cullum
Coleman Hawkings
Ben Webster
Any other traditional Jazz
Any classical music (not really my thing, but I can acknowledge the musical genius.)
A good bit of Blues
A plethora of electronic music

Hard rock/metal/et al:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Corrosion of Conformity
Crowbar
Pantera
Motorhead
Dillinger Escape Plan
Acid Bath
Lost Profits

Compared to those artists, Slipknot are amateurs. Albeit amatures that found an exploit in the industry, a la MTV and teenagers.
Linksy said:
I've listened to alot of Heavy metal bands and they are all about the same, they are all about death or evil shit.
Don't get me wrong, there are some very good metal bands out there. I do despise the yelling and growling though, but we'll blame the teens who buy into all the MTV and radio garbage for that. :rolleyes:
Slipknot is for people who are insecure about themselfs. Along with alot of other heavy metal.
That's pretty stupid, and I don't see how you're going to back that up.

Slacker

Postaholic
junglizm said:
Don't get me wrong, there are some very good metal bands out there. I do despise the yelling and growling though, but we'll blame the teens who buy into all the MTV and radio garbage for that. :rolleyes:
That's pretty stupid, and I don't see how you're going to back that up.
Ah nevermind i know there are some i just don't listen to them that much, Sorry.

I mainly listen to classic rock or rock but not much anything else. I am not a big music fan.

junglizm said:
Well, they may not be in the same genre, but I will point you in the direction.

Other:
Miles Davis
Jamie Cullum
Coleman Hawkings
Ben Webster
Any classical music (not really my thing, but I can acknowledge the musical genius.)
Any other traditional Jazz
A good bit of blues
A plethora of electronic music

Hard rock/metal/et al:
Corrosion of Conformity
Crowbar
Pantera
Motorhead
Dillinger Escape Plan
Acid Bath
Lost Profits

Compared to those artists, Slipknot are amateurs. Albeit amatures that found an exploit in the industry, a la MTV and teenagers.
Thanks for the list.
On a side note that might be interesting, slipknot used to sound very little like they do now, but they changed almost their entire style of play to not only get the contract from roadrunner but also so they could sell better(I.E. becoming more or less a generic screaming nu-metal type band).