WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Slow Internet...

The joy of being at school is that you at least get some fast internet, but when you go home, the Fu-king internet is so slow that it takes 1/2 a day to freakn' download music.... I'm gonna go crazy!!

56.k :( so very sad, but look on the bright side, ur on wtf.com!

Shine

Blowing up my pants
My wireless connection is 802.11shit

I have a cable modem...I download most songs in under a minute...So i just que up about 50 of em and then go out with freinds or go get food and then come back and theya ll done.

Jung

???
Premium
disdvschic said:
The joy of being at school is that you at least get some fast internet, but when you go home, the Fu-king internet is so slow that it takes 1/2 a day to freakn' download music.... I'm gonna go crazy!!
Get broadband; problem solved. Cable and DSL aren't even expensive these days.

Cable & DSL are about the only way worth going.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i download a song on average in about 10-15 seconds. you gotta have cable, now adays, especially if you play any games. i use to have 56 k and hated it. it's slow, and diaingl up and hearing the doo, kshh, sound is annoying.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
junglizm said:
He's gotta get off the tit and get a job first!

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
i hate it when your isp "throttles" your bandwidth, that's a real bitch dropping from 256 down to 64

Descent

Hella Constipated
Dookie said:
i hate it when your isp "throttles" your bandwidth, that's a real bitch dropping from 256 down to 64
You aussies all have shit connections. I'm really pissed at Cablevision (Optimum Online) for capping me at fucking 962K up, as opposed to 3Mb up, and my downstream is still a solid 5Mb.

*UNCAPS MODEM, KICKS CABLEVISION'S ASS FOR DISABLING PORT 25*

Actually, I have the fastest consumer cable in the whole C.S.A. It's only in NY/CT/NJ/Other New England places, so too bad for you guys!

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
*UNCAPS MODEM, KICKS CABLEVISION'S ASS FOR DISABLING PORT 25*
WHY would you be mad about that? It keeps spammers and phishers from using their home, or zombie accounts for for their work. I own a few domians that I use email with, and it's never bothered me that my ISP filters SMTP for any other server than theirs.

R@@V@il

Douche Bag
dig deep

dig deep into ur pockets .. and get urself a good connection .. ur start screwin .. whoever is incharge of ur computer lab ... and haha .. get in for free .. :mfinger:

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
R@@V@il said:
dig deep into ur pockets .. and get urself a good connection .. ur start screwin .. whoever is incharge of ur computer lab ... and haha .. get in for free .. :mfinger:
Does that information help anybody? :confused:

Anyways, It is true broadband is on a monthly rate and cheap as chips! ;)

R@@V@il

Douche Bag
meh_it_all said:
Does that information help anybody? :confused:

Anyways, It is true broadband is on a monthly rate and cheap as chips! ;)

hahahaha .. NO ..!!!! but it could .....

People=Shit

Infected by Marburg
Yea, I know how you feel. Being the youngin that I am and having divorced parents, I go back and forth. And when I go to my mom's I have to deal with dial-up. :thumbsdn:

bnccoder

Postaholic
56k here, can't get anything highspeed besides sat. out here.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
Well we got our internet for my school through a college and there for was able to hook to a T1 - T2 connection. My senior year it was a T3

so even when i got back home to my dsl it felt slow.