WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Smoke Detectors

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
I am going to commits hari kari because the damn smoke detector (with battery backup) I have won't stop churping all night without another 9volt battery I don't have a spare of. Removing the battery completely still produces the churping.. I guess I'll hit the circuit breaker. :bomb:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Your smoke detectors are hard-wired into your house? :confused: Weird. :(

And I think I would find a way to dismantle a smoke detector rather than rearrange my face with a 12 guage.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Jason, Just light a piece of newspaper, and place it under the smoke detector. Then it will produce a nice steady shrill sound, as oppose to an annoying periodic chirp.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Fuck, I hate those things. That's why you have to get a REAL smoke alarm, one hardwired into a security system. They have battery backups, so when the power is out it will still notify the firemen.

We have a Slomin's in our house...It's great! We don't need it, really, but it helps.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Jason, heres what you do. Grab a sledgehammer and smash that son-of-a-bitch. Should help that annoying sound. :thumbsup:

FUCKORBEFUCKED

Pissed off since birth
If you don't replace the backup battery it won't stop.

Hammer + Smoke Alarm = No more chirp. :thumbsup:

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Jason said:
I am going to commits hari kari because the damn smoke detector (with battery backup) I have won't stop churping all night without another 9volt battery I don't have a spare of. Removing the battery completely still produces the churping.. I guess I'll hit the circuit breaker. :bomb:
Go buy a damn UPS and run a wire to each Detector in your house. Wire it correctly, and by that time are done; you should be so tired you wont be woken by the beeping.