WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Smoking

Invader

Last Living Souls
Ok, I just smoked my first cigarette of the day. I feel like I am going to topple over. I am also having trouble typing. I must of pushed delete like 50 times already. I feel like I am high, is this a bad thing? This happens every time I smoke my first cigarette of the day. I am trying to quit, but its hard.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Your first cigarette of the day will cause that, as your body loses oxygen. It's like getting stoned. If your gonna smoke, get used to it.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
bklyn started a giving up smoking thread a while back, she might be a good source of giving up tips..
i gave up.. i smoked weed daily from 1983 to 2001.. cigarettes from 1998 to 2001.. then i stopped just like that.. no weaning.. i had tried stopping before but always found an excuse or a trigger to start up again.. i stopped in 2001 because 9.11 made me sad and i was already supersad as 2000 was the hardest bag of bullshit i ever experienced.. a six day old son death.. so.. phew.. giving up just seemed to be a good move and it was.. i was trying to make everything more positive in my life and cigarettes and weed were negatives..

of course now i have weird lungs, i got a non-smoking related lung disease and i can't start again but i haven't missed it and like having tastes in my food.. and anyway, smoking cigarettes gives money to the enemy.. ;)

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
BklynCannonball said:
I'm smoking more than ever now.

It's sabotage.
i don't follow..

sabotage on you?

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
How to stop smoking, in ONE easy step:
1. STOP SMOKING.
I'm a loser with no life, and even I quit cigs without turning back. I quit back in july of last year and I haven't touched a cig since. Just having the right reason and an unshakable resolve to obey that reason (such as "my wife will not respect me if I can't do this one simple thing") will properl you to success.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
I know the feeling, I quit smoking in bootcamp, started again in A school.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
i quit smoking for a couple years. i used the patch and some nasty ass herbal cigarettes (aversion therapy ftw!)

unfortunately my wife didn't quit with me, so when i broke my knee i started up again on her cigs.

i also quit when i was 20 or so by rolling my own. that slowed me down to about 3 a day. quit because my ex wanted me too (not my ex at the time) started up again out of spite when she left :p i'm dumb

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
OmegaZeto said:
How to stop smoking, in ONE easy step:
1. STOP SMOKING.
I'm a loser with no life, and even I quit cigs without turning back. I quit back in july of last year and I haven't touched a cig since. Just having the right reason and an unshakable resolve to obey that reason (such as "my wife will not respect me if I can't do this one simple thing") will properl you to success.
HOw long were you a smoker and at what age did you start. It makes a difference. Not that I can't quit. I just can't right now.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
BklynCannonball said:
HOw long were you a smoker and at what age did you start. It makes a difference. Not that I can't quit. I just can't right now.
I started just after I turned 16, and I smoked for four and a half years at around 1 - 1 1/2 packs a day.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
i started when i was 16 too, so about half my life so far i've been smoking. but i'll stop eventually, i never finish anything i start.

Josie

Nimrod's Daughter
Isn't that a nicotine rush ? I haven't had one of them since i started. Indeed that the first cigarette of the day is orgasmic.

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
A message to all you stop smoking nazis stfu

Smoking is hard to kick, its a lesson learnt all too late for some of us. I think I owe it to the world to smoke im a bitch from hell when i quit...so hope i dont...so lay off smokers. Omega...pfft ...yes well try it after 15 years.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
lady victoria said:
try it after 15 years.
did it.. takes attitude adjustment that's all.
not willpower, not tenacity, not patches, gum or hypnosis..

you just need to say 'i don't like the person smoking cigarettes/drugs that is me'.. and act upon that.