WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Smoking

Infected_enigma

I pwn and you know it
Ni99aRuss said:
I smoke, not by choise....i am trying to slow down...im at 6-10 smokes a day...i smoke Marlboro light menthol...i'd give a testacle to be smoke free (tobacco) for the rest of my life..... :mad:
=O Holy fuck man i dunno if I'd give up that to quit smoking if I smoked but iono prolly would

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Halfpintrocker said:
I dont know why I want to know I just do... basically everyone I know does it and I wanted to see who all on here does it so thats why I care... adn thanks alot.. for the whole nobody else cares about anything I do... Okay so are you saying that if I killed myself that no one would care?? that my family wouldnt care... that my bf and gf wouldnt care?? well sorry... that I mean that little to anyone on the god damn site... so wtf man... I didnt do shit to you... I put up this thread in Chit Chat not B&T so shut the fuck up!!
You're trying to justify your stupid habit. Doesn't seem to be workin'

magnolia

Postaholic
Smoking is really nasty in my oppinion, but sometimes I just get this itch to smoke and I just have to scratch it. When I do light up, I usually bum one from someone at work. Capris, camel lights, malbaro (or however that's spelled). I still think it's gross and I get sick every time that I do it, but I live around a smoker and I'm gadda get it's adverse effects weather I want to or not. I can smell my Dad smoking from across the house, upstairs, with my door shut and windos open. It smells like he's smoking right next to me.

morelos

lexicon incognito
never a cigarette. if you don't want to get hooked, smoke a cigar. only every once in a while.

~ dan ~

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
If you smoke, you can't be ignorant about the situation. Besides, almost all the time, you can't actually SEE what smoking does to you.

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Don't poison yourself too bad, or you might hallucinate seeing a thread that actually makes sense. lol

morelos

lexicon incognito
lol wrong kind of poison; this will just make me REALLY FOCUSED for six minutes before i burn out and want more.

~ dan ~

Halfpintrocker

Tenderony
okay you know waht someone need to cancel this cause no one is even staying on the freaking topic so whatever.. screw this...

morelos

lexicon incognito
halfpintrocker said:
okay you know waht someone need to cancel this cause no one is even staying on the freaking topic so whatever.. screw this...
have you READ the posts? maybe you haven't read the topic. here, i'll help you:

Topic: SMOKING, posted by YOU, halfpintrocker.

last few posts:

ni99aruss said:
I smoke, not by choise....
infected_enigma said:
i dunno if I'd give up that to quit smoking
voiceofreason said:
You're trying to justify your stupid habit.
magnolia said:
Smoking is really nasty in my oppinion
morelos said:
never a cigarette. if you don't want to get hooked, smoke a cigar.
bullshyt said:
If you smoke, you can't be ignorant about the situation
morelos said:
now excuse me while i go poison myself
bullshyt said:
Don't poison yourself too bad
morelos said:
lol wrong kind of poison
i see this ENTIRE DISCUSSION as being firmly connected to the topic you chose: "smoking."

~ dan ~

Halfpintrocker

Tenderony
yes but I was asking a question here... I am just curious and ppl are getting off to how bad a habit it... read the thread... then come out here and bitch at me...

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
morelos said:
please substantiate this claim. i've never heard anything of it, and i would expect that i would have. thanks much

~ dan ~
I've been looking around. It's not easy to search for it with all these sites based on why smoking is bad for you. But, I have learned it in both colleges and when I went to and trade school. I learned in trade school because I had done a term paper on smoking and second hand smoke. But I don't have the papers on that. :hmph:

morelos

lexicon incognito
bitch said:
I've been looking around. It's not easy to search for it with all these sites based on why smoking is bad for you. But, I have learned it in both colleges and when I went to and trade school. I learned in trade school because I had done a term paper on smoking and second hand smoke. But I don't have the papers on that.
i did some looking around too. i'm now pretty confident that wherever you read or heard that was mistaken. what i've found is that part of the problem with tobacco products is that a mild radioactivity occurs when the chemicals in a cigarette are burned, and since the radioisotope is in the smoke, it goes directly into your lungs and is hugely carcinogenic.

from http://www.psigate.ac.uk/newsite/reference/plambeck/chem1/p05015.htm

The largest radiation dose is to smokers; a 1.5 pack-per-day smoker adds 9000 millirem/year from the combustion products, most of which goes directly to the lungs. Except for smokers and persons who work with nuclear radiation sources, the dosage from both natural and man-made sources is below 0.2 rem/year.
there's part of the problem.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
morelos said:
there's part of the problem.
Actually that's not what I'm talking about but yeah. radiation would work for anything wouldn't it. ;) :lol:

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Halfpintrocker said:
yes but I was asking a question here... I am just curious and ppl are getting off to how bad a habit it... read the thread... then come out here and bitch at me...

Unfortunately nobody ever stays on topic in this post, and for the bitching at, there's no need.