WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Snipers

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#1
I heard Bush is followed by a dozen or more snipers everywhere he goes for protection, think we could bribe one of them to shoot him? It would save thousands of lives! All we'd have to do is find one, then give him a beer and a Noam Chomsky book... And maybe a couple million bucks :rolleyes:
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,850
3,349
487
#2
Conspiracy to bring harm to the president of the United States is a federal offense. I assume you're being facetious, or speaking figuratively, in order to make a valid point.
 

ferengi

Yay fire!
2,089
2
102
#3
1) Yes, the president does have very tight security. He visited the town I live in a while ago and it's not just snipers, there are also secret service, bomb sniffing dogs, police officers with metal detectors, and plain-clothes officers as well. If you even acted like you were going to cross that police tape they'd be on you quicker than shit.

2) Please elaborate how the President's death would directly prevent thousands of deaths.
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#4
Because of Bush there is more hatred towards the US in the world, more hatred > more violence, more violence > more death.

I'm never going to try to kill or get someone to kill Bush... I'm not very violent, plus that would be my own death. But if someone would do it I wouldn't cry about it. That would just be one less american imperialist in the world.
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,952
0
0
#5
talking shit is not conspiracy.

conspiracy is the act of actually planning that. i have thoughts and ideas ten thousand times worse than that daily, about all sorts of matters; were i to voice any of them, i would still not be a criminal.

thank god for constitutionally protected rights.
 

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
585
0
0
#6
Rage against said:
I heard Bush is followed by a dozen or more snipers everywhere he goes for protection, think we could bribe one of them to shoot him? It would save thousands of lives! All we'd have to do is find one, then give him a beer and a Noam Chomsky book... And maybe a couple million bucks :rolleyes:
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Your heart is in the right place, but that would be the most brain-dead idea ever! Think, if Bush is assassinated, that makes Cheyney president. The pupeteer would rule directly! And then it would take you another 4 years to get the chance to vote that sucker's regieme out of there.
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#7
ReiMeishin said:
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Your heart is in the right place, but that would be the most brain-dead idea ever! Think, if Bush is assassinated, that makes Cheyney president. The pupeteer would rule directly! And then it would take you another 4 years to get the chance to vote that sucker's regieme out of there.
And if Cheney gets killed? ooooooooh burn!!!
 

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#9
Snipers huh? That would be a fun job I would think. :D
 

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
585
0
0
#10
Rage against said:
And if Cheney gets killed? ooooooooh burn!!!
Then republican Dennis Hastert, the current speaker of the house would take office, then if you killed him, the members of Bush's cabinet would be in the line of succession, by the time you started killing them off, they would have the president locked away.
Yeah, burn all right, cause I'm on fire, bitch.
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,850
3,349
487
#11
morelos said:
i have thoughts and ideas ten thousand times worse than that daily, about all sorts of matters.
Why don't I doubt that.

*cold shiver down my spine*
 
39
0
0
#13
ReiMeishin said:
Then republican Dennis Hastert, the current speaker of the house would take office, then if you killed him, the members of Bush's cabinet would be in the line of succession, by the time you started killing them off, they would have the president locked away.
Yeah, burn all right, cause I'm on fire, bitch.
Wouldn't Cheney then be able to appoint his own vice president, who would take office if Cheney was suddenly unable to perform his duties?

I think only if both the president and vice president are killed at the same time, then the speaker of the house takes office.

While we're on the topic of how people move up in the government, isn't there some sort of "underground" government that could take charge if our current one was unable to function? I think there was some news about it awhile back, does anyone remember?
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,952
0
0
#14
you have to remember cheney would only serve until the end of bush's original term, and the republican party would NEVER make him their frontman.

talk about popular suicide..
 

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
585
0
0
#15
L33ad said:
Wouldn't Cheney then be able to appoint his own vice president, who would take office if Cheney was suddenly unable to perform his duties?

I think only if both the president and vice president are killed at the same time, then the speaker of the house takes office.
I made this remark based on the assuption that the killings were made in such a short time that no new VP could be appointed.
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#16
I guess killing a leader doesn't change anything... But maybe killing all PNAC members would help a bit :sword: :sword: :sword:

but an easier and less radical way would be to elect the democrats.. no more PNAC

But seriously though don't you guys think that without all the PNAC think thanks and war hawks within the government, the world would be a better place? (not to mention the deficit wouldn't be that scary)
 

morelos

lexicon incognito
1,952
0
0
#17
i say start killing ALL big oil execs', big defense execs', and pharmaceutical execs' families. then they'll start having organizational vision shifts and they'll begin to return to customer-centricity.

the problem is they know they can do whatever they want at this point.

once you start killing their families, they realize some stronger power seeks to guide them back to the right. they live in fear and paranoia for a while, and once they shift visions and start taking care of people again, everything returns to normal.

ray kroc, founder of mcdonalds, said something to the order of "look after the customer and the business will do just fine." i don't remember exactly, but it was in 'super size me.' what ever happened to that sort of business vision?

now you only ever hear "enhance the wealth of our shareholders."
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#18
You have a point with consumer centricity but was that comment about killing their families sarcastic? Cause that would be pretty damn evil. god.
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,850
3,349
487
#19
bigck3000 said:
i told you it was going to be cold...now stay still.
Damn! you have thick fingers! easy there.
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,850
3,349
487
#20
Rage against said:
You have a point with consumer centricity but was that comment about killing their families sarcastic? Cause that would be pretty damn evil. god.
That's nothing for him. He just got back from a trip to Russia. Some school or something.