WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Snowboarding/Skiing

Do you snowboard or Ski?

• Total voters

Slacker

Postaholic
Well once again winter is among us and the snowboarg/skiing season is about to begin within the next month or two. Which depends on where you go to and where you live. I just about got all my gear out and ready to go. But there is no snow yet. Which should come around in a couple of weeks or so.

I am going to try to be sponsored for my races and competitions. When I do that will mean new snow boarding gear and stuff. As soon as I get my cast of. Do you snowboard or ski? I was also wondering which one is easier. I have only tried snowboard but I have some old skis I found but never used them.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
Youll have to say then if you get any sponsors :D
I..or I'm going to snowboard this winter...I like it more than skiis..although it easier,but skiis are dangerous..I want to know how to jump with snowboard..
but the idea + the videos I have seen scares the hell out of my right now :happysad:

I've never done either. I'll get around to giving it a shot one of these days. Looks like loads of fun.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I skied for a long time until I tried snowboarding. Been only snowboarding now for the past 10 years. My current board is a Burton A-Deck with step-in bindings. I love the step-ins. I was sick of getting off the lift and having to sit down and buckle up.
I don't do any pipe, only downhill. I love the speed. I was thinking of getting a racing set-up. But here on the east coast the snow is a bit damp, and turns to ice fast. I'd hate to go down on boiler plate at 50 mph.

My next goal is to do some riding in BC.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i haven't done either in years, i skipped the last two seasons, but i used to do both

Slacker

Postaholic
MaxPower said:
I skied for a long time until I tried snowboarding. Been only snowboarding now for the past 10 years. My current board is a Burton A-Deck with step-in bindings. I love the step-ins. I was sick of getting off the lift and having to sit down and buckle up.
I don't do any pipe, only downhill. I love the speed. I was thinking of getting a racing set-up. But here on the east coast the snow is a bit damp, and turns to ice fast. I'd hate to go down on boiler plate at 50 mph.

My next goal is to do some riding in BC.
I love those, That's what Bogus basin (Ski resort) Has. I had those and my foot came out and I crashed hard but they are easier to get in and faster. But I have bindings. I think I have a Blizzard snowboard, I'll get pic later. My bro has a 5150 snowboard and my dad has a solomon. I'll be getting a new one this year at the ski swap. They have low prices for snowboards.

I can go on the superpipe which has 15' walls. It is Huge I got a pic of it.

^ That's where I go sometimes. It's the only superpipe in Idaho. It's called Tamarack but I only have a season Pass for Bogus Basin.

Stardust said:
Youll have to say then if you get any sponsors :D
I..or I'm going to snowboard this winter...I like it more than skiis..although it easier,but skiis are dangerous..I want to know how to jump with snowboard..
but the idea + the videos I have seen scares the hell out of my right now :happysad:
It's fun don't worry, I have never broken anything. Just don't push your limits in snowboarding. I have skiis but last year we didn't get anysnow at my house so we never got to use them. We usually get 5 feet of snow but we didn't last winter. It justed snow this morning but turned into slush by 7 am. Probally half an inch.Which is alot for this time of year. We never get snow in october.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
i heard snowboarding is a lot more fun than skiing, so thats what im gonna try out this winter.:thumbsup:

Dokan

Random Wanderer
I have never attempted to do either since there is no good place to do either of them where I live but I always wanted to try snowboarding out.

I've never attempted either either. Too scary for mee. I've only ever tried cross-country skiing, but it was totally lame.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I went snowboarding when I was little and we could afford it. It was cool. Around here a lot of the upperclassmen go up to cabins on winter break and party. I wish I could afford to go :thumbsdn:

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
Snowboarding all the way.... Been doing it for three years... And loving it. I go off big ass jumps and have not broken a bone yet.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I'm_Darth_Vader said:
Snowboarding all the way.... Been doing it for three years... And loving it. I go off big ass jumps and have not broken a bone yet.
I remember my first real attempt at jumping. It was a 12 foot jump. I went up, half inverted, landed flat on my back. Knocked the wind out of me. But I got up there and tried a second time, and pulled it off. Don't think I'd have survived another one of those falls. 2 seasons later I started wearing a helmet. </fast learner>

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
It sad but i have never tried either snowboarding or skiing and i would love to, i'd probably kill myself...but have fun doing it:)

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
lady victoria said:
It sad but i have never tried either snowboarding or skiing and i would love to, i'd probably kill myself...but have fun doing it:)
well we need to get you out on the slopes!

Slacker

Postaholic
MaxPower said:
I remember my first real attempt at jumping. It was a 12 foot jump. I went up, half inverted, landed flat on my back. Knocked the wind out of me. But I got up there and tried a second time, and pulled it off. Don't think I'd have survived another one of those falls. 2 seasons later I started wearing a helmet. </fast learner>
We have a jump like that, gives you about 15-20 feet of air. I crash 3 times, I tried it again and fell unconscious for about a min. Then I tried a couple more times and finally got it. The only thing I can't do good is grinding. I can do a couple of rail but not the big ones.