WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

so i got pulled over for "criminal" speeding

tzedek

Original Member
75 in a 45

(he let me off) :D

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
i got 88 in a 55 once. i tried to fight the ticket but i lost.. speeding tickets arent even in the same vicinity as a laughing matter. my car insurance went from like 300.00 a month to 500.00 a month. joy!

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
Was a woman cop? Or a Gay cop who let you off? :D

I got a ticket 110 on a 55 a few years ago... I almost got arrested! I tried fighting it too, and I lost. I had to pay court cost, ticket plus mandatory school! :mfinger:

tzedek

Original Member
it was a guy i kinda know. :D

captainMeh.

Guardian of the Meh.
that's criminal? i've gotten tickets for 85 in a 35 before in a school zone. other than a $300 fine and insurance hike, it was all just peachy. it was on a weekend, so i guess they let me off easy.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
I'm always watching out for police and I know where alot of them tend to be. I've had a few run ins but never anything serious. Most cops don't even care about minor offenses unless theyre traffic violations...I guess everyone has to meet a status quo.

ferengi

Yay fire!
I got pulled over a couple weeks ago for going 87 in a 55. As soon as the officer got to my window, there was a bad accident on the other side of the highway, so he let me go. Damn that was lucky :D

tzedek

Original Member
ChilianFuckFace said:
Whats "I kinda know" suppose to mean? :confused:

:shy: ::fpalm::

(he comes into my work every so often and we talk. he also was at my high school quite a bit.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkmage

Shiva-Destroyer of Worlds
This just pisses me off....I get pulled over for the stupidest shit and I never get let off. A cop pulled me over once for not wearing my seatbelt. That was the only reason!! When he asks me why I wasn't wearing it, I pointed to the seatbelt, which, at the time of the incident) was twisted and mangled. He saw it himself. He gave me a ticket and I had to pay $44. Then, another time, I'm driving on the parkway doing the regular speed limit, but I was driving in the left-hand lane. I thought it was fine to drive in the left lane because there wasn't anyone else on the road. Well, appearantly, it still a crime...a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket.....I had to pay $140. WTF IS THAT?!?! $140 for driving in the left lane with no one else on the road?!! Was i endangering people? Was I endangering myself? It was bullshit

ChilianFuckFace said:
Whats "I kinda know" suppose to mean? :confused:
it means he's a cousin of his father's son's daughter's husband's friend kinda deal :confused:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Darkmage said:
This just pisses me off....I get pulled over for the stupidest shit and I never get let off. A cop pulled me over once for not wearing my seatbelt. That was the only reason!! When he asks me why I wasn't wearing it, I pointed to the seatbelt, which, at the time of the incident) was twisted and mangled. He saw it himself. He gave me a ticket and I had to pay $44. Then, another time, I'm driving on the parkway doing the regular speed limit, but I was driving in the left-hand lane. I thought it was fine to drive in the left lane because there wasn't anyone else on the road. Well, appearantly, it still a crime...a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket.....I had to pay $140. WTF IS THAT?!?! $140 for driving in the left lane with no one else on the road?!! Was i endangering people? Was I endangering myself? It was bullshit

:rotflmao:

Let me guess, you got your liscense when you turned 18, rather than passing the test, right?

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I took my bros car out with my friend, just a manual 2000 civic but we got going pretty fast. Neither of us had seatbelts on and we only had our permits, a cop car was following us the entire time. We were so scared but we saw a party going on and pulled over like we were going to it, my friend drives a better shift so he drove it back.. It was a close call, as soon as we saw cop we put our seatbelts on faster than you could say, "Ariba! Ariba!"