WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gaming So I heard...

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#1
(I don't know if this is true or not) But I heard that they were talking about Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on CNN. From what I heard, the goverment is going to sue Rockstar Games, because it morally 'degrades women.' But I've played the whole game, and beat the whole game, it does not infact 'degrade women.'
 

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
4,790
78
0
#2
I'm not sure of that, but ever since GTA3 they have been in the news for something.

It's a harsh game. But it IS just that, a GAME. People are retarded.
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#3
That's retarded. Britney Spears morally degrades women. Sur her instead :thumbsup:
 

breakology

Kiss my Converse
1,890
4
102
#5
Whats the big deal? I morally degrade women all the time, but I did it the privacy of my own home ... is'nt that my right? ... lol ...
 

outsideR

Clitpickle
57
0
0
#6
The goverment is suing a game maker??? What harm has Rockford done to the goverment? If they broke a law, then make them pay fines or something...
Well, it sure sounds like USA... This is my opinion on the issue of the American law culture in general:
What's the point in anyone being able to sue anyone for anything anyway? Just saw a documentary of people accusing McDonalds for making them fat! For christ sake, don't Americans have any common sense? If you hit yourself in the head with a hammer, can you sue the hammer factory for the pain?
Same thing here with violent games, movies or whatever, if you find them morally questionable then don't play the f*cking game or watch the movie! It's just tragicomic to watch people whining about this stuff.
 

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
4,790
78
0
#7
outsideR said:
The goverment is suing a game maker??? What harm has Rockford done to the goverment? If they broke a law, then make them pay fines or something...
Well, it sure sounds like USA... This is my opinion on the issue of the American law culture in general:
What's the point in anyone being able to sue anyone for anything anyway? Just saw a documentary of people accusing McDonalds for making them fat! For christ sake, don't Americans have any common sense? If you hit yourself in the head with a hammer, can you sue the hammer factory for the pain?
Same thing here with violent games, movies or whatever, if you find them morally questionable then don't play the f*cking game or watch the movie! It's just tragicomic to watch people whining about this stuff.
We americans find it easier to blame others for our own actions.

*edit* In general.
 

outsideR

Clitpickle
57
0
0
#8
CopyLifted said:
We americans find it easier to blame others for our own actions.

*edit* In general.
Because the system allows you to do that!
->The system sucks.

Over here most fathers want their sons to become engineers, plenty of work available with good wages, I quess an American dad wishes his son becomes a lawyer?
 

Pepto Bismol21

We Are The Virus Of Life.
82
0
0
#9
breakology said:
Whats the big deal? I morally degrade women all the time, but I did it the privacy of my own home ... is'nt that my right? ... lol ...
Fuck Yes! But Fuck that. What about rapers i dont here shit about them....and maybe if this girls werent dressing sluty *i dont mind* Then fuck cnn...fuck them very hard
 

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
227
0
0
#10
Pepto Bismol21 said:
Fuck Yes! But Fuck that. What about rapers i dont here shit about them....and maybe if this girls werent dressing sluty *i dont mind* Then fuck cnn...fuck them very hard

So, you are blaming the women for getting raped because they dressed....."AHEM" provacatively? Or no? Just seeking clarification as to whether or not that was sarcasm.