WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

So I just had a phone interview with Microsoft

Jung

???
Premium
I submitted my resume a while back, but I never thought I would even hear back from them. Well, today at nice lady by the name of Kristine contacted me. She called my cell phone, but I didn't think much of it at first; I often give our Microsoft reps my cell number, because I'm in and out of my office at times, and we did have a call into Microsoft today. When she said she was from Microsoft HR, I was quite surprised. We had a nice chat for 45 minutes or so, and I'm immensely excited now. She couldn't give me any conformation about my prospects other than "we'll possibly be contacting you in the future with more information" though. I've heard a lot of things about the interview process, and I'm hoping I'll get a chance to make it out to Redmond now. I think it would be fun, even if I don't end up getting a job there.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Can you say "Blackmail"?

*gehtfuct scrambles to find all of junglizm's "Fuck IE" threads.*

Jung

???
Premium
gehtfuct said:
Can you say "Blackmail"?

*gehtfuct scrambles to find all of junglizm's "Fuck IE" threads.*
Considering that I know MS employees from other forums who work on the IE team and use Firefox, I doubt they'd care. :)

congrats jung, i shall cross ma fingures for you! i hope you get it!
/me crosses fingures and legs for good messure, hoping jung gets the job.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Potential to work for the big man, eh? Good luck, man. Hope you are happy wherever you end up. :thumbsup:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
junglizm said:
Considering that I know MS employees from other forums who work on the IE team and use Firefox, I doubt they'd care. :)
Maybe you can ask Bill to do something with IE so that it isn't teh sux.

Well, now that you're going to move up from janitor to makin' the big bucks, maybe you can finally start sending me some child support insted of those lame Chucky Cheese coupons. Umm-humm, heh? Heh!

Hello! Right about now you should be saying, yes BIGdaddy, yes.
Don't dick me on this Jung. These little fuckers cost money.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Irregardless of the outcome, this is pretty damn cool... :beerchug:

Jung

???
Premium
BRiT said:
Irregardless of the outcome, this is pretty damn cool... :beerchug:
Indeed. A free trip to Redmond and tour of their campus is a very nice experience, regardless of if I actually get hired. Of course, I'd sell my girlfriend to get this job, though. :D
dull_bullet said:
maybe you can make windows NOT get stuck so much.
Even if I get hired, I wouldn't be a developer.

Thanks to everyone who wished me good luck.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
junglizm said:
Indeed. A free trip to Redmond and tour of their campus is a very nice experience, regardless of if I actually get hired. Of course, I'd sell my girlfriend to get this job, though. :D
Thanks to everyone who wished me good luck.
I'm sorry, good luck, Jung. You're a good man. You seem to know your way around the intern3ts pretty well. Godspeed, my son. :thumbsup:

Now, back to the selling of your girl. It's obvious that I'm pretty much a newborn when it comes to interdikU8n3ts, but I do have very persuasive friends. :mischief: They know how to geht things done did, when I command it. You could be a runnin' the place if the price is right. Back to your girl....how much? Make Daddy smile and Daddy may smile upon you.

Don't think that I didn't notice your blowing off my prior statement.
These fuckers are on me Jung. I need dat money. :mad:

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
...GL i hope you get the job if that's what you want, unsure b/c you sounded unaffected. is ok either way, washington has shitty weather 10 months out of the year- rain, fog, overcast, more rain, etc. but you would be working for the man!

Jung

???
Premium
gurlgonewild said:
...GL i hope you get the job if that's what you want, unsure b/c you sounded unaffected. is ok either way
Yes, I would love to work for Microsoft. I'm just trying to keep a positive outlook on it. I was just saying that either way, it'll be a good experience, as opposed to just showing up at some interview then never hearing back.
washington has shitty weather 10 months out of the year- rain, fog, overcast, more rain, etc. but you would be working for the man!
I know the Richmond campus is really close to Seattle, in fact some of my friends form another forum who are MS employees live in Seattle and commute. There are four or five campuses across the nationion though, so I don't really know where I would be working.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Have fun working for satan, but at least he pays well and offers very nice stock options. Be carful what you sign, lol ... :readup: ... and be very suspicious if they ask you to sign with a pen dipped in your own blood.
*psssst* ... if you get the job, how about some free vouchers? :p