WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

So I'm moving out

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
Ive packed almost everything down in boxes my room is empty, and I'm about to move into a small apartment..any suggestions for survival? tips?
what I should do and don't?

What you should do is make sure you get the rent paid. It sounds like a stupid tip but so long as you've got rent paid you at least have a place to stay. Other bills can wait if necessary, although that's not a good idea. Don't get in the habit of putting bills off till the next paycheck. Like if you have a bill on the 6th that you usually pay with the same check as rent but you're getting paid on the 7th, don't wait till the 7th to pay that bill.

Other than money, managing your neighbors is key. One thing you don't want to do is start beef with neighbors.

If you're even half-way decent and managing your money you should do ok. I suck horribly at money management but I manage to pay all my bills.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Yep, pay your rent and your bills you'll be fine. Make sure you clean the place thuroughly before you move in, patch anything that needs to be patched.

Don't forget the arm & hammer in the fridge and freezer.

Check your lease for certain clauses like painting your walls and stuff.

Make sure you have a friend or someone around the neighborhood or wherever that has a spare set of keys in case you lock yourself out of the house.

Other than that, have a freakin' blast!

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
bills in this order

Food, Rent, Electricity, Car Payment/Insurance, Phone, Cable/satalite, internet(unless its part of your tv bill)..

oh and keep the sugar away from the stove burners... unless ya wanna splode...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
BklynCannonball said:
Nope. Rent first always.
agree.

and this might sound anal but take digital photos of the place before you put all your stuff in.. and let the landlord know you did it, especially if there is existing damage that he says is 'fine, no problem mumble mumble'..

i assume this is your first place away from the family? have a ball, but be a little careful about who you invite, some people move in without you realising it..
oh and don't burn bridges.. if that person you picked up at a nightclub two weeks ago starts making meth in your kitchen and your landlord smells it and throws you out even though you didn't even know because you were at work.. you'll be really glad you stayed friends with mom/dad..

good luck.. although you shouldn't need it.. you seem ok..

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
omg.. is that really you in your photo, on the beach?

you will have absolutely no problems at all, all males in a ten mile radius of your appartment will do whatever you want..

void said:

you will have absolutely no problems at all, all males in a ten mile rasdius of your appartment will do whatever you want..

if that aint the truth. anyway. always make sure rent comes first and do the pictures thing. it comes in handy when they try keeping your deposit. a safe tip is don't bring them back to your place from the club. get them to pay for a room. the only excuse he should have not to afford it is he bought your drinks allnight or took you to breakfast!

BklynCannonball

void said:

you will have absolutely no problems at all, all males in a ten mile radius of your appartment will do whatever you want..

Yeah, she's a cutie

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Don't just buy junk food. Buy quality food; it'll be cheaper to cook at home than go out. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Stardust

yes it is me on the beach..umm I have e bf so I wont bringing home any guys to my apartment.. and Yes I will pay my bills. It was a really good idea that taking pictures of the apartment :thumbsup:
aand..thank you for the other tips :) keep posting if you know any other tips :)

and yes it is my first time away from my family->my mom,2cats and a wabbit (my sisters has moved out already), I'm the youngest..I'm the baby..I hate that sometimes.

I have about 8boxes of things and a suitcase full of clothes..and I still have things left to get down in boxes. I wont have internet in the apartment for about 1week..so I wont be here so often but ill try as hard as I can :)

:hug2:

Stardust

Fire_ze_Missles said:
Don't just buy junk food. Buy quality food; it'll be cheaper to cook at home than go out. Good luck. :thumbsup:

thank you! I don't like fast food anyway..just sometimes :happysad:
I like food that I make, it's cheap and yumyum. like noodles with minicorn *yumyum*

diamond

The nice guy
Everyone else did the money stuff, so here are the cleaning tips:

use diluted white vinegar especially on windows and kitchen cabinets.

keep a lemon around as it is good for pots and pans

If you have inherited a stained toilet use some low grade sandpaper.

Use gin to clean your jewellery.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
staay at home FOREVER, rent sucks my ass!

BklynCannonball

diamond said:
Everyone else did the money stuff, so here are the cleaning tips:

use diluted white vinegar especially on windows and kitchen cabinets.

keep a lemon around as it is good for pots and pans

If you have inherited a stained toilet use some low grade sandpaper.

Use gin to clean your jewellery.
Diluted white vinegar really? I use diluted bleach for everything...walls surface areas, everything. It kills stuff.

diamond

The nice guy
BklynCannonball said:
Diluted white vinegar really? I use diluted bleach for everything...walls surface areas, everything. It kills stuff.
Honestly try the vinegar...It kills stuff but it also leaves no residue. A good shine agent and if you need to use it on something really stubborn, pop a little sea salt in there for abrasive.

diamond

The nice guy
BklynCannonball said:
But does it attract bugs?
Vinegar repells bugs. If you want proof before you use, put some in a saucer next to you while you sit outside.

Stardust

Fire_ze_Missles said:
When is the housewarming party???? :woot: :rockband: :party:

next week! everyone is invited! it's 30 m2 and all..atleast 100 has to fin in it! ;)
paaarteeeey! :rockband:

and for the rent sucks ass..waking up early in the morning by a couple of 2year olds that shout "NaaaannAAAAa nnNNaaannaaa!!"...(my mom has a daycare "center") and then my sister is going to move in...a 3year old and 4year old..I'm their favourite..My life would become slaverish...so no thanks :happysad:
I want my apartment