WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

so why do we do it?

Why do we fall in love?

• We're biologically programmed to fall in love in order to continue populating the species.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Creator(s), Fate, Karma, etc. designed humans to be paired.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I don't care - Love is the best feeling in the world.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I don't care - I'd rather have my eyes burned out with a red-hot poker than fall in love [again].

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I still think the opposite sex has cooties.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
Why are we (the human race in general) so fixated on being fixed up? Particularly when it can hurt so damn much? Thoughts?

I think that we as a species usually don't want to be alone, although there are some people who choose to live as a modern day hermit. Along with the fact that the media today throws women in our face as often as possible and that so many TV shows have something to do with finding the "one". I personally think that the world would be better off without love and that we could just reproduce to have offspring and keep the species alive. But that's never going to happen so I'd better go out to find love or (more likely) burn my eyes out with a red hot poker because love typically sucks, at least when the feeling isn't mutual, which happens to be 100% of the time for some unfortunate bastards (me).

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
As above, some people fill their lives with other people, they don't want to die alone.

Some feel they need someone to love to feel fullfilled with their lives.

And some people are attracted to that 'special someone'.
For instance, you see something in that someone no one else does.

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
There's a chance for sex if we fall in love.

Really fulfilling, awesomely orgasmic sex.

Oh yeah, and the other stuff, like not being alone, feels good too.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
arrogantbastard said:
I think that we as a species usually don't want to be alone, although there are some people who choose to live as a modern day hermit. Along with the fact that the media today throws women in our face as often as possible and that so many TV shows have something to do with finding the "one". I personally think that the world would be better off without love and that we could just reproduce to have offspring and keep the species alive. But that's never going to happen so I'd better go out to find love or (more likely) burn my eyes out with a red hot poker because love typically sucks, at least when the feeling isn't mutual, which happens to be 100% of the time for some unfortunate bastards (me).
I would totally agree. People just want companionship naturally and it's part of their everyday lives. When it comes right down to it, we just want to matter to someone and, likewise, have that person matter alot to us as well. It's part of our instincts.

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
I personally don't believe in love, i think that is a hollywood thing. You can get really attached to someone and mistake it for love... but there is no real love, not unless you are willing to compromise. but anyway, we are in a constant search for love because it has become the world's holy grail. Everyone is on this quest for their ultimate soulmate, believing that there really is one person out there that they are destined to find. Truth is, people die alone every day, we are just unwilling to accept that fact because it gives some kind of meaning to our lives.

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
durtytoothbrush said:
I personally don't believe in love, i think that is a hollywood thing. You can get really attached to someone and mistake it for love... but there is no real love, not unless you are willing to compromise. but anyway, we are in a constant search for love because it has become the world's holy grail. Everyone is on this quest for their ultimate soulmate, believing that there really is one person out there that they are destined to find. Truth is, people die alone every day, we are just unwilling to accept that fact because it gives some kind of meaning to our lives.
I disagree stating that I have found the one that Im supposed to be with. I feel it whole-heartedly and so do they. It took me a long time to get to this point, Im almost 24 years old, and had two kids with another man before realizing what fate really has in store for me. In the past he would have said we need it for tv and all that stuff too. And I agree. Man they through women at you guys and sexy men at us women and then try to talk about safe sex. pfft, anyways. But when you are lucky to meet that person in your life then it will make it all the more worth while. Just wait. Love it a beautiful thing.

I've seen a report on ABC that said that scientists discovered that love is not just an emotion. It is part of the brain. When someone says that they need someone else, they are telling the truth. Go to Comcast.net and go to the fan thing and do a search for 'love'. It'll come up on it. :thumbsup: