WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

So you want a new Scooter (Updated)

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Today I'm taking off work to go Motorcycle shopping. I was going to go with a Harley but decided the lowest end Harley I want is a softail Standard. We're talkin' $14,000. Now being I need to buy a new car this winter, I figured I better restrain myself. So I opted for the Honda Shadow Aero. It's about $6,599, and the options I want (Lighting bar, passenger seat back, saddle bag bracket, chrome radiator guard, etc.) will bring it almost to $8,000. I called a few local dealers and it's starting to worry me. None have the "Candy Dark Red" color I want it in. All they have is the two tone Black/Candy Dark Red. So I may have to wait for one to be shipped in, which sucks, because I'm the type of person that when I see something I want, I go get it, and I want it now.

Now I know what some of you may be thinking. "Dude, fuck it, go for the hog." I know I said that too. But then I looked at all my options. I've had bikes before; I'll surely have more (this is my third). But when I look at it, the Honda is sweet and retro looking. It's plenty good quality as is the hog. It's actually a bit more comfortable than the hog, which is good on those trips upstate to the mountains. All said, even though I'm not a cheapskate, the 25% cost savings is also a factor. Not to mention the financing that Honda offers, low interest and $69/month for 12 months, $0 down, will help in my upcoming car purchase.

I look at it this way. Save some money now, and when I'm ready to sell this one, I can get a $16,000 Harley fat boy, or a $20,000 Ducati.

Anyone care to comment?

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
MaxPower said:
Today I'm taking off work to go Motorcycle shopping. I was going to go with a Harley but decided the lowest end Harley I want is a softail Standard. We're talkin' $14,000. Now being I need to buy a new car this winter, I figured I better restrain myself. So I opted for the Honda Shadow Aero. It's about $6,599, and the options I want (Lighting bar, passenger seat back, saddle bag bracket, chrome radiator guard, etc.) will bring it almost to $8,000. I called a few local dealers and it's starting to worry me. None have the "Candy Dark Red" color I want it in. All they have is the two tone Black/Candy Dark Red. So I may have to wait for one to be shipped in, which sucks, because I'm the type of person that when I see something I want, I go get it, and I want it now.

Now I know what some of you may be thinking. "Dude, fuck it, go for the hog." I know I said that too. But then I looked at all my options. I've had bikes before; I'll surely have more (this is my third). But when I look at it, the Honda is sweet and retro looking. It's plenty good quality as is the hog. It's actually a bit more comfortable than the hog, which is good on those trips upstate to the mountains. All said, even though I'm not a cheapskate, the 25% cost savings is also a factor. Not to mention the financing that Honda offers, low interest and $69/month for 12 months, $0 down, will help in my upcoming car purchase.

I look at it this way. Save some money now, and when I'm ready to sell this one, I can get a $16,000 Harley fat boy, or a $20,000 Ducati.

Anyone care to comment?
It may be higher in price, you will get a higher performance rate!

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Only girls ride motercycles on flat surfaces, with sissy bars, and ROFL saddle bags.

The KTM450 SX this is my baby, you should probably start off with a 125.

Honda 2 stroke CR250R.. 2nd choice

I had the CR125R when I was 11- 14 yrs old, The CR80 b4 that. My parents have a KXR80 that is still running and I can actaully ride, it's a 1983.. ROFL

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Hell yeah, dirt bikes are plenty of fun. If you're a kid playing in the dirt ;)

But it takes a real man to jump on his ride with a girl on the back, and head out to some secluded place in the country with a bottle of wine, and git busy ;)

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
when are you coming over to give me a.... ride?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
icka said:
when are you coming over to give me a.... ride?
Six days from now I pick it up, along with 2 helmets. I'll head over right from the dealership. What color helmet you like?

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
I like putting a anyone on the back off the 450, that has never been on a dirt bike. ROFL~~~ Whee~ half way through the powerband in 2nd the screams begin..

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
MaxPower said:
Six days from now I pick it up, along with 2 helmets. I'll head over right from the dealership. What color helmet you like?
i wasnt talking about that sort of ride.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
icka said:
i wasnt talking about that sort of ride.
I'm up for that as well. Plus, we don't have to wait 6 days. I'll be out around woodbury tonight on a job. Want me to swing by?

shep

Local alcoholic
I used to have a cr80 when i was 10.Now i have yamaha grizzly atv and a few snowmobiles. :thumbsup:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Geht the Fat Boy, dammit! Fuck a Honda Davidson. I'd prefer to have a Fat Boy, but I ended up with this one insted. I can't really complain, it was FREE. :D :thumbsup: It's a bit fancy for my taste though. If it doesn't make it louder or faster, it doesn't need it.

And I don't need a damned dirt bike. I've got two four-wheelers for dat shit.
Ahem...*choke* A Honda and a Kawasucky. :rolleyes:

gehtfuct said:
but I ended up with this one insted. :rolleyes:
Thats pretty damn nice geht, but i gotta ask.. What sort of creature is that on the lower right hand side? a cat/fox/squirrel/ a mix of all three? I like its tail.

And max Honda's are the best with reliability and all. I'm buying a Honda CBR250RR (the one i'm sitting on in my avatar) for $8000 Aus. When/if you get a ducati, you will not be disappointed, my dad had the ducati 999S for a year or so and i've never felt anything as powerful. When i get off my P's i'm going to hire-purchase the ducati 999s.

In my later years (if i live to be past 40 or so) i'll buy a harley to cruise on :thumbsup:

Good luck with your purchase.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Picked it up this weekend. Found a Buyer for my old bike. Here's a few pics of the new sweet ride. The clutch is suprisinglty tight. Not like my old Kawi, or Suziki. But that'll break in with time.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff

..........And of course the Gratuitous "Pretty girl on the Scooter Pic"

i can't believe you posted your cuz. /me shakes head. oh ya tell her i'm still waiting for her to return my freekin skirt! theif. anyhoo, sweet ride. it wasen't the bike i was thinkin of. need saddle bgs now, for the beer. sooooooooooooooooooooooo when do i get my ride? after kelly and cuz?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Nymphchick said:
i can't believe you posted your cuz. /me shakes head. oh ya tell her i'm still waiting for her to return my freekin skirt! theif. anyhoo, sweet ride. it wasen't the bike i was thinkin of. need saddle bgs now, for the beer. sooooooooooooooooooooooo when do i get my ride? after kelly and cuz?
I'm getting a set of $300 saddle bags from a friend of mine. They came w/ his ride, but hedoesn't like the look of saddle bags. I'm trading him an antique Remminton Typewriter for them. I have an antique Underwood set up on my desk in the foyer (decorated to look like an old English Study), and the remmington is just stored away. So I'm game for that trade. Besides, the Remington is only worth a collector's value of $75 Max. He knows this and is ok with it, so fuck it.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Not a bad looking bike...for a Honda.

Thank you for the Kelly pic. ;)
You might mention to her, the pics she sent me wouldn't go through. Something about a virus being detected. Could you have her fix that shit and re-send them to me? I've been waiting for those for quite some time. The original pics she sent me last year had your ass all over them. It took me a good month or so to geht that fuct vision outta my brain.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
OH Max... the things I can tell you how to fix on the motorcycle. I used to own one myself... so many little things can be done to make that bike just that much MORE fun.

For the price of shipping I can fix those pipes up for you so they'll sound all purdy. Like a $300 set of V&H pipes. And when you do an oil chainge, for the cost of a new gasket you can advance your timing ~4-5 degrees. Much cheaper than that silly $300 ignition module people sell.

I tell you what, you drive that bad girl out here and gimme about 3 days, I'll fuck, I mean fix, her all up for you so she sounds, rides, runs and looks even prettier than she does now. All you have to do is buy the beer and not shit your pants when I get out the cutting torch.

In all seriousness... those are WAY nice bikes. Many many many cheap modifications that you can do for them too.

Geht: That's a nice Harley Davidson oil slick you got there under that bike. Very Harley-esque indeed.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
MaxPower said:
This is a woman's dream bike... because you can see yourself in it 3 times at once...

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
UberSkippy said:
Geht: That's a nice Harley Davidson oil slick you got there under that bike. Very Harley-esque indeed.
Like that? Seems to be a classic Harley thing. Lucky for me, a quick turn of the wrench and the drain plug was coolio. Honda Davidson....Bah!