WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

So you want to bitch about your parents?

Invader

Last Living Souls
Sure things with me probably haven't been as bad as they could have but that doesn't mean that they haven't been pretty bad. Try having a dad who for the first seven years of your life you didn't know. Sure he lived with us but he always came home too drunk or high to do anything with or talk to and slept all the time. Try being 10 and going to his house for two weeks out of the summer and having him bitch at you for wanting to call your mother one night and when you try to take up for yourself getting a cologne bottle thrown at your head.

Step back and thing about how it would be if you tried to talk to your mom, who is always gone with her boyfriend and never at home, what is going on in your life, how you are depressed and really need some help because your depression drives you to cut yourself. She never listens, it only starts a fight between the two of us. And the thing that tops it all, getting into an arguement and having her throw up to you that the reason that you cut yourself is because your girlfriend did something to hurt you when really it was her that it stemmed from mostly... No I haven't had it as bad as I could have but isn't it your parents RESPONSIBILITY to help you when you reach out for it?

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I think I'm about the only teen that hasn't had a real huge problem with his parents... sure I detest their smoking, and habits and shit, and get pissy when they don't give me money, but I've never experienced "I want to kill my parents" or whatever... They've always been fairly good (except in budgeting skills, but we always manage) ... Ehh... Wait - this is about bitching, sorry

Jugular

volatile
Boycott said:
I think I'm about the only teen that hasn't had a real huge problem with his parents... sure I detest their smoking, and habits and shit, and get pissy when they don't give me money, but I've never experienced "I want to kill my parents" or whatever... They've always been fairly good (except in budgeting skills, but we always manage) ... Ehh... Wait - this is about bitching, sorry
Right there with ya, buddy.
There have been times, but they are the LEAST of the problems in my life.

The only problems I have: 1) My dad's weirdness 2) My mom's drinking

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
There's no real answer to make things better. But all the while, I can't help but think that I wish I could be a kid again. Life handing me all it's trials and tribulations, making me contemplate what is best or of least interest to me again. Soon enough, you'll go to sleep and hopefully wake up and realize..."Fuck...I'm what I've come to be. I've done nothing but grown older. Lived another day. Well fuck me....I'm my old man, now doing the very same to whom I love". It's the same all over the world. It doesn't mean what you're enduring is just. But you do have to endure it as you are young. It sucks. I don't wish hard times on anyone. But as you said, it does geht worse. Knowing thus far, your not being an average idiot, you should know that you've made it this far. It wont be long until you're on your own and sire children of your own. And hopefully, you wont become what you've so despised. You can say you wont now. Check back in ten years, and we'll thank you for making a difference.

Invader

Last Living Souls
gehtfuct said:
There's no real answer to make things better. But all the while, I can't help but think that I wish I could be a kid again. Life handing me all it's trials and tribulations, making me contemplate what is best or of least interest to me again. Soon enough, you'll go to sleep and hopefully wake up and realize..."Fuck...I'm what I've come to be. I've done nothing but grown older. Lived another day. Well fuck me....I'm my old man, now doing the very same to whom I love". It's the same all over the world. It doesn't mean what you're enduring is just. But you do have to endure it as you are young. It sucks. I don't wish hard times on anyone. But as you said, it does geht worse. Knowing thus far, your not being an average idiot, you should know that you've made it this far. It wont be long until you're on your own and sire children of your own. And hopefully, you wont become what you've so despised. You can say you wont now. Check back in ten years, and we'll thank you for making a difference.

First, I would like to thank-you for that. But my parents want me to be someone whom I am not. They expect me to be someone who I absolutely cant be. If I do become this person, I will hate myself.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I'm sorry to hear that. But that doesn't change that fact that the world is officially fuct. If you've got fuctarded children, who do you blame?

The Teachers? No. You blame the fucking parents.

Life is short, kiddo. Unfortunately, things probably wont geht much easier for you as an adult. Your responsibilities will be ten fold if not more, and the pressures will surely beg you to cave. How you handle things in your youth will only forge your way into adulthood. You will spend much less time as an adolescent as you will an adult. Hopefully.

As it may very well be difficult, as it at times should be....

Enjoy your youth. It will be short and but a memory.

Invader

Last Living Souls
gehtfuct said:
Enjoy your youth. It will be short and but a memory.

I enjoy my youth to the best of my ability. But everyday when the time comes to walk on home (I must say this is the worst part of my day), my parents just bring me back down to where I was the night before, in a state of depression. All we ever do is fight, and they favour my brother and sister over me. They absolutely hate me with a fiery passion and theres nothing I can do about it unless I am the 'perfect child' and I am who they want me to be. But, no! I wont do that for them. It is my life.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Invader said:
I enjoy my youth to the best of my ability. But everyday when the time comes to walk on home (I must say this is the worst part of my day), my parents just bring me back down to where I was the night before, in a state of depression. All we ever do is fight, and they favour my brother and sister over me. They absolutely hate me with a fiery passion and theres nothing I can do about it unless I am the 'perfect child' and I am who they want me to be. But, no! I wont do that for them. It is my life.
I don't mean to sound rough, I don't know you anymore than I know your punk ass parents. I would hope that they wouldn't favor you any less than any other child that they've brought into this sometimes unforgiving world. That's just not right. It's not right for you, and it's not right for your siblings. But that's just my perspective. My opinion is just that. An opinion. If things are that tough for you at home...be a man, stay the course....be the better man without causing more trouble for you and your family. If anything, try to find somebody to talk to about it. Professionally. There are plenty of free avenues at the ready for you to take advantage of if need be.