WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

so....

orthon

howdy ya'lll
so,i joined here several days ago and i'v been reading a lot of the subjects.

and i was wondering

what makes a good newbie on this site?

is it attitude?funnyness? rapid increase of post count? or just general shit chit chat

also,do you expect the newbie to post 'funny' videos,intresting topics sum real life threads perhaps?

im just wondering,coz im bored

Proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation would be a start.

orthon

howdy ya'lll
Unforgiven said:
Proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation would be a start.
sorry,but im not up to date with all the above,i shall try tho

Jung

???
Premium
orthon said:
sorry,but im not up to date with all the above,i shall try tho
Let us know when you start. OK?

Jung

???
Premium
orthon said:
i feel im getting there
Maybe in your own little world, but in reality we capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence, use commas in contractions and use punctuation to symbolize the end of a sentence. Got that? Good... Your first lesson is free.

orthon

howdy ya'lll
junglizm said:
Maybe in your own little world, but in reality we capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence, use commas in contractions and use punctuation to symbolize the end of a sentence. Got that? Good... Your first lesson is free.

Why thank you very much,dear sir.

I shall try my best.

That's better.

Insert a space after the comma and it would be perfect.:happysad:

orthon

howdy ya'lll
Unforgiven said:
That's better.

Insert a space after the comma and it would be perfect.:happysad:
I shall remember that for the next time, cheers.:)

i never do that stuff, and i was never chewed out for it...

just so long as it MAKES SENSE, it's ok.

orthon

howdy ya'lll
dull_bullet said:
i never do that stuff, and i was never chewed out for it...

just so long as it MAKES SENSE, it's ok.
Im pretty sure most of my posts have made sense but i will try and improve on the spelling factor.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
just fucking relax and be yourself, it will either work or not, if it doesn't there are plenty of other places to go.. like maybe the bottom of a lake.. :happysad:
as regards the grammar thing, you don't have to be a complete follower of the 'rules'.. spelling and basic punctuation is probably most important, nobody wants to read 5 lines of unpunctuated drivel with half the words spelled with the TXT/AIM alternatives.. (ie; U R Gay!!)
showing a bit of respect never hurt did it? we all converse in a manner that makes it less of a headache to follow each other's posts and it's fair that you do to..
so just be yourself, and then tighten that up a bit by trying to make a better impression than you would with some skanky walking blowjob , hey maybe that's it.. treat us as if we were all really classy walking blowjobs..

as for content? anything within the rules, look around.. we talk about computer components and AIDS, and everything inbetween..
but don't try and post too much, it's a world of pain being a prolific poster.. people will flame you for it.. if you absolutely have to reply to almost everything at least be relevant, on topic and DON'T post 2 word replies..

and yes, being funny is the best policy.. i can't guarantee your humor will go down well but any humor is better than emo whining about the way your mom makes you wear diapers.. or whatever it is emos complain about.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
...not rambling on works wonders as well. ^

What makes a good newbie? One that has read the forum rules. One that understands those rules. One that embraces the knowledge of what BIGdaddygehtfuct does to said newbs that don't read, understand and embrace the forum rules here at WTF.com.

Have a nice day. :oddgrin:

You want to be a good n00b? Go make me some kind of fucking sandwich. If it has lettuce on it, I'll kick your ass.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
TheLampIncident said:
You want to be a good n00b? Go make me some kind of fucking sandwich. If it has lettuce on it, I'll kick your ass.
He's a peanut butter, carrots and lettuce sammich. EAT IT!

orthon

howdy ya'lll
I see you like typen void.

Gehtfuct, iv seen and read the rules.:)

TheLampIncident, i just made sum sandwiches there, cheese and tomato, u like?